Page 160 of 175 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 160

calee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Let me . Just say that I am NOT in Shangri LaLa or even close. Paleo? Not that either. But I'm here and . Love hearing how you all are doing. Polish food was not conducive to eating much else than potatoes. Food was sorely lacking. Arrived via night train to Prague at 7:30 this morning and walked city until we could get into the hotel. Already found great roasted veggies at the pizza someplace next door. I have never seen so many freaking tourists as Prague. We just have to avoid them.

I'm home in a week.carry on having fun without me. I want ribs too!
    Congrats with the lowered set point abs.
    Janie, . I hope you're building muscle.

Hate kindle typing, miss my iPad.

Having great time with Zach!

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    i'm here. was busy, then Jewish New Year....too many sweeet thingz! ugh - my belly looks pregnant. not a good look, just makes me look like a matronly old lady.
    back on the wagon tomorrow, with a fast, then oil shots and paleo. I think psychologically I let myself "eat all the things" is because I am going to try an Auto-immune Whole 30 in October. So there are things I may never eat again, depending on how I feel. I'm just tired of aches and pains that dont heal.
    I'll report back eventually, maybe when my bloat goes away and I feel more like my healthier self.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Lee, having a great time with Zach is really all that matters right now!!!!!

I hope you two have a FANTASTIC rest of your trip!! Yeah!

HD, like I said, I had a glorious FOUR FULL DAYS of debauchery last weekend
    with 3000 calories a day of PURE CRAP (candy and cookies). Didn't seem to do
    much but make ME look pregnant too AND feel a little gross for my "back on the
    wagon" day, but that's all over with now.

I've actually been thinking about doing a whole 30 as well, but I have to get through
    my half gallon of heavy cream first.

Some would say to just dump it, but homey don't play that. I can wait. It's not killing me,
    the whole tablespoon I have a day of it! Ha!

Anyway, good luck and hope that bloat is gone lickety split! Drink your water!

Julia

Joolia, I'm back then off to a resort in Florida for a work conference the first week if October. I may do a partial Whole between Berlin and San Marco Island. But for sure a full after October 10th or so. Wait for me?

I found a few great steak places in Poland and Prague. But my jeans are snug. Shangri La and W30!

I am Polish and ate potatoes in every format in every city. The good news is that I've walked more miles than I can count. Glad to be back in Berlin tonight. Three sleeps until I head back to California. Work the next morning.

HD, I used Jewish New Year to eat everything sweet in Krakow Poland. Hopefully the year ahead is sweet in other ways than food. As I said to Joolia, I too will do Whole in October. Perhaps AIPwith you. I felt good doing it before.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    We may have to wait until October 12th - not only is my birthday the 11th, BUT OMG, IT'S ON A FRIDAY THIS YEAR!!!!

I've only had to wait since my FORTIETH BIRTHDAY (which was a saturday, but still) for crying out loud. Harumph.

Have fun in Berlin, three sleeps left!

Julia

Joolia, so funny that your birthday is the 11th. Mine is the 6th which is why I sad to wait a few days after. I come home from Florida On the 7th and figure friends night want to celebrate the following weekend. I had not looked at a calendar. Let's really plan to start a solid W30 on the Monday after your birthday. Can do Primal and shots between trips.

My rings have been glued to my fingers for two weeks. Everything has way too much sodium here in Europe.

janie is offline Senior Member
    joolia-
    In answer to your question about muscle: I think I have built some, especially in biceps, deltoids and quads. However, I'm waiting for my bodyscan on October 17 which will give me the facts and not just my (perhaps wishful) impressions. We will see!

Calee - it seems you are having fun, despite your rings misbehaving! I hope you two will keep us updated on your W30.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Pony500 is offline Member
    I was gone from the SLD for a bit, but I think I'm back. I was all over MDA (and every where else) reading about carbs and fat and all, trying to find the truth about carbs and metabolism and if fat loss really comes down to CICO. I was thinking that maybe I needed to eat more carbs--I was feeling weird about not eating any carbs, like it is a really weird diet and was worried that I wasn't getting enough nutrients and all. So, I started reading some of the Peat stuff, Kurt Harris and others just trying to understand. Then I got on Lyle McDonald's site too (really informative actually) and was totally believing it really is CICO. I played around with adding in some starch and then got the brainy idea of adding in raw potato starch (a resistant starch that is supposed to feed good bacteria). Well, for someone with suspected SIBO, it wasn't a good experiment! My digestive system was a mess and then we went away for a wedding over Labor Day and I kind of ate a lot of crap--cake, candy, McDonalds (holy crap!), Chinese food, beer, you name it.

Anyway, I hadn't been on the scale for like 3 weeks now and I felt kind of "light" this morning and decided to get on the scale. Mistake--I am up 1.5lbs. Meanwhile, my husband lost another lb.......

So, I went back through my FitDay diary and tried to see if I could figure out when it was that I dropped the few pounds and I realized it was when I was doing the oil shots. It's just frustrating because I was even eating more then and for the last few days now I have dropped my calories down to about 1300 or so, so I really thought that I was losing, but nope.

So anyway, I'm going to try this SLD thing again. I did buy the Nature's Way liquid coconut oil and I haven't had any issues with it. I wonder if it's the NOW brand that gives people issues? I guess I will stick with VLC and SLD for another 4 weeks at least and then re-assess.

There is a lot of information out there about carbs and digestive issues and since I do have digestive issues, I guess it is nuts for me to mess with the VLC diet, especially since I was doing fairly well on it, although I felt many times like I didn't have as much energy as I should have. Whatever--I guess I'm a hopeless diet tinkerer.....

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Julie, calee, I will be here when/if you want to do Whole30/AIP in October.
    Pony, tinkering with diet and "hacks" is the only way to find out what works for YOU. Really, some people can handle more carbs, some (lucky) people dont have food allergies, but trying different things and seeing the results you come to know your body.
    Maybe you'll join us in a Whole30. (Whole9life.com for more info)