Page 156 of 175 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 156

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Janie I totally get that. I hope you keep posting here though. You are an important part of the group and Joolia will misbehave without your watchful eye. Plus, I would like to see how the new plan works for you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

calee is offline Senior Member
    Janie, me too! Please keep us updated.

Anyone drinking Kombucha? I'm having my first bottle in over a month. Will it hinder me?

Calee I took a break from the booch making, but I can't imagine it hindering you.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Pony500: So, as far as timing for oil shots, I'm assuming it is better to do them in two separate shots at two different times of the day, right? Has anyone just done one double shot and have it work? Not that it matters much, I was just wondering. I've been doing two so far--and it works really great to just put the oil in a little water and drink it down that way--I found that to be the best and least gross way. The first few times I did them, I ate a whole spoon of refined coconut oil and that was pretty gross. Then I tried putting it in water like some of you suggested and that's perfect--it just goes right down and then I chase with some more water.

Pony, when I am "on" SLD, I like doing 2T at one time, it just makes it easier to do that once a day. And I think taking it after my first meal (1 or 2 hrs later) doesnt give me the runs...just my experience. I use ELOO, and I put it in water, drink it down with a straw while holding my breath. Its easier than coconut oil to get down, and has no after taste.
    So that works for me.

And Janie, yeah, not to dismiss all my virtual friends, but Julia keeps us all coming back for more!

janie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, Oceangrl, Calee and HopelessDreamer. I really like you all and this thread, so I will be reporting back for sure.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Calee I took a break from the booch making, but I can't imagine it hindering you.

Oh good! I've never made my own, but I have many bottles in the fridge. Today I remembered that I can probably have it. Not very many carbs and I love the fizz.

Hotmail, I hope you do well with the new oil.

I had a good day, but only a walk, no Pilates as I took a bad fall in the park yesterday at mile 4. Had to hobble the last 1.5 miles back to the car. I have a hip that's beginning to get colorful. Food was not difficult which is always a blessing. My set point doesn't however, seem to want to budge.

OG, my favorite documentary of the year is coming to Portland. Walking the Camino, Six ways to Santiago. It's been winning the audience awards at film festivals all over the world. It's on my must see list. Zach and I are planning the walk,mperhaps next year or the year after. Let me know if you want details. I promise you won't be sorry if you go. Zach and I hung out with the Director at thecPalm Springs Documentary film festival in April.

Ugh.... I slept 11-2:30 and woke up hungry. Forgot my evening shot before bed. I guess it makes a difference. Dinner was light. 2 cups salad, 1 ounce cheddar, 2 ounces skirt steak. I wanted eat but didnt at 2:30. Read and fell back to sleep from 4-5:30. Sipping decaf w 1tea heavy cream. Will definitely have my morning shot!

Before W30 I used to have 1T of cream in my decaf. This week I learned that my taste has changed and now I can enjoy a teaspoon as much as a tablespoon. I think going off cream for 2.5 months gave me a different appreciation for the flavor of my decaf. I may drink real coffee, 1 small cup in the morning while in Europe. I LOVE caffiene, which is why I abstain at home. I get too revved up from even a single 8 oz at 6am.

Full day. I am going to try Pilates at 4. Not sure I can lay on my side yet on the reformer but I can do everything else.

Keeping food BORING. Speaking of which, Jooolia, how was your first day of kidless freedom? What did you do with yourself?

We had a lightning show all night. How very strange for the bay area in August.

Happy Tuesday!

Calee I would like to know more about the documentary.

I had a weird sleep night as well. Went to sleep at 11 and woke up at 3:45 starving. I tried to ignore it but gave up at 4:15. I got up and made myself bone broth egg drop soup. I so wasn't into the cooking but the only grab and chomp were hard boiled eggs which didn't sound good at all. I even chopped up a garnish of green onion for the soup. Even small cooking chores are annoying at 4:15. The soup tasted good though. I may have it for breakfast.

Lots of laundry today. I hate it when the whole shebang has to be done. Clothes, jammies, sheets, dog blanket, comforter and towels. I use the apt laundry so at least I have two washers and two dryers. I make the apt manager ghee and mayo. She pays me in quarters so it usually works out that I never pay for laundry. That makes me giggle a little.

Off for a walk before diving into laundry.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    WHAT? Lightning show and I MISSED IT?!?!? ^*&^*&!!!

Where? When?

Damnit, I coulda been watching THAT instead of lying in bed furious
    that I couldn't sleep.

First day of school went swimmingly.

The Baby Jesus made it to and from middle school without being abducted,
    and Baby Wet Blanket came out of class for the first time in THREE YEARS,
    ALL SMILES.

LOVES his teacher.... whom his brother also had for third grade.

I'm positive Mrs. Hamilton still has PTSD from two years ago when I helped
    out in class every week, but she's going to have to get over it, cuz Mama is
    helping again. HA!

Anyway, I was so pleased that Baby Camden was happy, loves his teacher (she's
    a PERFECT FIT for his sensitive type) and even said later "mommy, I love school".

Right, well, it's the first day... so, let's not jump the gun here. 3rd grade is no joke
    and Mama ain't doin' a lick of your homework this year. Sorreeeee!

Anyway, Baby Jesus had a GREAT day, said the day went so quickly with his 7 periods,
    and walking with his friends was fine.

Though, I must say.. ahem, Over Protective Helicopter Mom *was* skulking around the
    main street home around 3pm to meet him.. cough:sueme:cough.

*I* went for a glorious walk yesterday, got a TON of stuff done around the house, went to costco,
    ALONE, and managed to get 25K steps in. Wahoooo!!! 12 miles!

OG and Lee, of course you both can move in. You'll both have your own rooms, and I promise I won't
    ask you to clean OR cook, but if you could help with my $4100 mortgage, that'd be great. Kthanxbai!

In SLD news, not much going on.

I haven't gotten on the scale in FOREVER since LadyTime was approaching, but with all the stress about
    The Baby Jesus getting to and from school and Baby Wet Blanket actually "liking school" and his teacher
    I've scared OFF LadyTime. God. That only means one thing: It's gonna be a doozy when it finally hits.

Going on day 31 here.

Thought for sure it'd hit last night with the relief that everything really WAS going to be okay, but no.

Whatever, I ain't sad. Just still really bloated.

Janie! Totally get you on your macros for muscle building. For sure stop the oil and get MORE
    protein. That'll be more satiating in itself anyway. Keep us posted on your progress.

I was going to try two tablespoons of oil today for my first shot since y'all were chatting
    about it, but it looked like SO MUCH that I put one tablespoon back. It skeered me cuz
    I know THAT MUCH will probably gimme the works, and I gotta go to the LIEBARRY to pick
    up a book I have on hold, so no blowing mud in a public bathroom, thanks.

Oh Julia, how crass.

Would you expect anything less?

Good, my work is done here.

~Anonymous