Page 155 of 175 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 155

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    this thread is more entertaining than TV - I check in everyday just to get a few laughs!
    I survived the social event today. It was actually fun - we were on a rich guys boat! And I ate pretty good, but they had dried pineapple. I love dried pineapple, so I had a few pieces. That kinda messes up the Whole30, since they are coated with sugar.
    This evening my family went out to dinner, so I had steak and veggies. I barely finished it. I didnt even have any oil today. Maybe I will before bed, since I seem to have AS kicking in after only 2 days back on shots. That should keep me from overeating, especially this weekend at a family function. ( I AM looking forward to that!)
    Sounds like everyone had a busy few days - my week is going to get crazy starting tomorrow. I'll try to post at least on Friday, we'll see.
    Have a good week!

Pony500 is offline Member
    So, as far as timing for oil shots, I'm assuming it is better to do them in two separate shots at two different times of the day, right? Has anyone just done one double shot and have it work? Not that it matters much, I was just wondering. I've been doing two so far--and it works really great to just put the oil in a little water and drink it down that way--I found that to be the best and least gross way. The first few times I did them, I ate a whole spoon of refined coconut oil and that was pretty gross. Then I tried putting it in water like some of you suggested and that's perfect--it just goes right down and then I chase with some more water.

I do wonder why some oils work better than others--especially with the ELOO, since I read somewhere that the MUFA in olive oil is fattening for some reason. And I think I read that here on MDA somewhere. Anyway, that's what I'm doing right now, although I plan on switching to refined coconut oil eventually or maybe I will just need to switch things up depending on AS.

Today was a good day though--I didn't eat any nuts and I only ate breakfast and a small dinner--barely 1000 calories and I was at my brother and sister-in-law's where she had a plate of freshly baked organic chocolate chip cookies--the very cookies that I binged on two months ago! And I resisted them fairly easily!!!!! Those cookies are like crack and to resist them was amazing!!! Yay!!

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Yesterday I felt like frontier woman - all those tomatoes became sauce, which I canned. Then I made two pans full of roasted veggies ala Martha Stewart (eggplant, green beans, peppers, carrots & red onion this time). So nice to have in the fridge. Instant meal. Also cut a round roast into small breakfast steaks and froze. There are still lots of CSA veggies glaring at me from the kitchen counter, but I am tired of kitchen work.

Have lots of other work to do, including the exercise I didn't do yesterday. Your hike sounds nice, Calee. It is going to rain here, so I'm stuck w/the treadmill.
    Janie, how about a pic of the veggies? They sound yummy and I bet they are gorgeous. Oy, I have a full gym in my building but haven't spent much time on the treadmills. I get easily bored and do better in a class or on a hike.

Hang onto your husband! Dating sucks!

Pony, I love your story too! Maybe I still can have hope!

HD, how fun to be out on a boat! I'm glad you were able to get steak and veggies for dinner. Hopefully your week will be really fun.

Pony, I'm doing two shots a day. I used to take one at 6:30 before going to work, but I think I need to do it later in the morning, then the second one late afternoon instead of bedtime. My resistance is having t o do them in the office rather than at home. I do coconut oil. I put it in a shot glass and put in the micro of 29 seconds then just down it and plug my nose. You did great with the cookies. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Pony, I love your story too! Maybe I still can have hope!
    Not to get too far off topic here, but I would definitely try Match or Chemistry or both. Chemistry had these dumb little games you could play to get to know each other and we had a lot of fun doing them. Create an accurate profile of yourself, with a picture (guys have to see one), and see what happens. I would have never met my husband if I hadn't done it that way. There's just no way. And I actually met my ex-fiance that way too (and in all honesty, there were some red flags when we met and I hoped they would go away--much to my peril).

Sorry for going off topic, but anyway, try it--it's pretty fun and you'll end up chatting or emailing a bunch of guys even if it turns out you don't want to meet them, but it's still active and fun. Then there will be some that will interest you enough that you will want to meet them, and there's a good chance you will meet someone that you click with (and maybe REALLY click with!). The first time my husband and I talked on the phone, we were on the phone for two hours!! It was pretty magical.....for a couple of 48 year olds!! I have heard of many people meeting their husbands that way--every time I tell my story, the other person has an example of someone they heard about meeting their husband or wife on Match or whatever.
    Last edited by Pony500; 08-19-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Pony, I'm doing two shots a day. I used to take one at 6:30 before going to work, but I think I need to do it later in the morning, then the second one late afternoon instead of bedtime. My resistance is having t o do them in the office rather than at home. I do coconut oil. I put it in a shot glass and put in the micro of 29 seconds then just down it and plug my nose. You did great with the cookies. Bravo!
    Well, something to consider about oil timing is doing the oil on an empty stomach. I have found that the couple days that I did do it first thing in the morning, I had some loose bowels, so there's that. When I take it an hour after eating, I don't have that issue at all. I was on the SLD forum last night and someone did have this exact question, about taking one 2 TBSP shot once a day instead of two 1TBSP shots 2xD and they said it didn't matter.

It is getting easier to have that 2 hr window in the afternoon actually, but today being a work day and me usually being snacky, we'll see how today is. I do find it much easier on the weekends to avoid the snacking......

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Hey all thought I better pop round to say hi, its been very hard with my brother/SIL and family staying with us, all sugar addicts!! So been breaking some rules, and avoiding the scale, however from clothes fit don’t think am doing badly, even though I stopped for a bit.

I started a gain a few weeks ago drinking clod press Black seed oil (Nigella sativa) mainly because it has some amazing amazing health benefits, I want to experiment with it for a month as see if it clears my eczema and gut issues. According to some clinical trials it works same as or better than the same meds given for such cases.
    Down side, the taste is very very strong, even if I pinch my nose, drink water and breath out for a few minutes.. need to find a way to have it tasteless and the at the moment haven’t succeeded, but as the flavour is very new to me, am hoping its Ok for a bit. And at the end of the day the experiment is very important to me. At the same time, I am eating meat and a bit of white rice Strictly no dairy strictly no glutin… (ha sounds strong, this is the plan in theory, my SIL always leading me down the wrong paths when she is around  )

In any case am very excited about the new oil, I do hope it works for the stuff I need it to work for!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Hotmail have you tried swimmers nose plugs? They kind of hurt but they really work. Very inexpensive too.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

janie is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ladies-
    I'm thinking of backing off of the oil for a bit. Not b/c it isn't working or I don't believe in it, but b/c I am having trouble fitting it into the macros for muscle building. At the urging of my trainer I am going to increase my protein intake to 35-38% of calories. Just to stay in my caloric range, I'm going to have to reduce fat b/c my carb intake is already fairly low and made up almost exclusively of veggies & occasional fruit in season. I think I just need to get past this hurdle of exchanging additional body fat for muscle. It is a slower than I would like process, which is why he's suggesting the uptake in protein, but I think once I've made some progress on that front I will be able to focus on lowering my setpoint again. Anyway, I'll stop back in the check on you all and make sure Joolia is behaving.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.