Page 153 of 175 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 153

janie is offline Senior Member
    Yes, Calee .. no problem w/caffeine for me. Lucky with that, I guess as I know it bothers many people. I frequently consider it dessert - especially if I can have a piece of chocolate with it.

Congrats, Pony. I was wondering -- since you have afternoon hunger, what about having an oil shot then? That has worked for me fairly well. If I have a shot around three, I can have dinner later (otherwise I'd be starving at 5pm) and thus am not hungry b/f bed at all.

DH and I spent a good deal of time roaming through a museum yesterday, then a long walk to lunch. Today I must do all the work I avoided yesterday! Also, I bought extra tomatoes from my CSA to make sauce plus I must devise something to do with the glut of eggplant and peppers...................
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

calee is offline Senior Member
    Janie, you have some creative kitchen tasks to do today. Please let us know what you come up with.

Pony500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post

Congrats, Pony. I was wondering -- since you have afternoon hunger, what about having an oil shot then? That has worked for me fairly well. If I have a shot around three, I can have dinner later (otherwise I'd be starving at 5pm) and thus am not hungry b/f bed at all.
    Yep Janie--I do have to experiment with timing. Interestingly, because I feel like I have to eat more, it's actually hard for me to find 2 hours in the afternoon to fit the oil shot in! I actually set a timer right now because it's rare for me to have 2 hours where I don't want to put something in my mouth!

My mornings have coffee with gelatin and also maybe a mug of bone broth as well and I don't seem to be able to fit a morning shot in as well. I do take one in the afternoon now, but part of my problem is I work from home doing a job that I strongly dislike, so it's really more emotional eating. I'm not hungry many times when I go to grab almond butter or nuts, although sometimes I really am hungry.

I also still need to nail down my diet a little better. I said in another post that starting my day with BP coffee seems to be a bad idea for me. It does nothing to satisfy my hunger in the morning and then I end up eating 3 meals anyway and go way overboard on fat. I was, like many, under the assumption that I could just "Eat Moar Fat," but, I can't and when I start adding up the calories in all the butter and coconut oil and coconut milk, it's ridiculous and just starts my day off badly. I also find that the weekends are actually better. Like today, I just had coffee and a green drink I make with something called Vitamineral Green. Then, I went to the farmer's market and the healthfood store and by the time I ate my first meal, it was almost 1pm. And the salad I ate with 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 oz of beef, some salsa, raw sauerkraut, a TBSP of home-made mayo and a TBSP of EVOO, ended up being way less fat and calories than the BP coffee that I was drinking! So, for me anyway, BP coffee does me no good and it does nothing to keep me from eating more food. So, today so far has been good. Happy weekend girls!!
    Last edited by Pony500; 08-17-2013 at 11:30 AM.

OG, I'm still dealing with my funky desire to eat, even when I'm not hungry. At least eating VLC keeps me out of the really stoopid crap. I'm better than I used to be but I think I need lots more W30's.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Girls!

OMG! You all have been very prolific!

Welp, LadyTime did NOT strike at the water park, so that was good.

Not my favorite place.

If we had it all to ourselves, it woulda been fantastic.

The upside? Thing Two did not complain about ANYTHING ALL DAY.

This, is a miracle.

If I had a dollar for all the stupid shit he complains about (and that can't be rectified
    by ANYTHING), I'd be rich in less than 24 hours, PER DAY.

ANYWAY! LADIES! For those of you having trouble resisting the urge to eat, whether it
    be because you're REALLY hungry or just feeling snacky for zero reason, I personally
    really, REALLY think we (and I use we, cuz I'm part of that group too) need to make our
    choices as boring as hell.

Take Lee's fare the other day: macadamia nuts and chicken wings.

I don't know about YOU guys, but even if I ate her portion size and was sated on it,
    it was so toothsome to begin with, when I felt even the SLIGHTEST nuance of hunger,
    or boredom... I'd think about that meal and it would make me salivate like hell until
    I ate it. Hungry or not, most times.

Now, what I have done in the past, and really have to start again (and I'm going to
    when the beasts go back to school this Monday) is to make my choices incredibly
    lackluster.

For me, my "Are You Really THAT Hungry?" food is/are hard boiled eggs.

When I'm starving, you bet your buns they sound freaking tasty! But if I'm just bored,
    or sorrrrrta hungry, they sound really gross for sure.

So I think I'm going to make my fridge my arsenal of Boring Things to have on hand:

Hard boiled eggs, lean pan fried ground beef with just salt, lunchmeat ham, jarlsberg swiss
    (it's lower fat, but not too low like plastic) and maybe some bbq'd chicken breasts.

I will not eat nuts. I will not eat nuts. I will not eat nuts. I WILL NOT EAT NUTS.

Nuts are delicious whether you're hungry or not. AskmehowIknow.

So all the aforementioned is for any time I'm hungry BEFORE DINNER, as, for dinner,
    I have to make something with SOME flavor or else the husband will not be so happy
    with a piece of cardboard with salt on it.

But even then we usually have bbq'd steak and some boring veggie.

ALSO! With regard to the oil and timing, I've found that taking it an hour after a meal is
    best.

Eat your breakfast, and when you're done, set a timer on your phone or watch or whatever
    for an hour later and then take your oil!

OR, if you're like me, and you rarely get hungry before 1pm or 3pm, then I take it an hour
    after my coffee in the morning.

If I'm still not hungry by lunch time, I may just take another oil shot.

The oil is pretty much accumulative. THE OIL ITSELF IS NOT SUPPRESSING YOUR HUNGER.

It's the build up of the flavorless calories that's doing it. Those "secret calories" your body doesn't
    know where they're coming from, so when you DO EAT, you do not OVER EAT because your body is
    like "well shit, fatso, you've already had 200 calories of I don't know what, so you really don't want
    to eat a crapton of what you're shoving into your face right now, so I'll keep you from doing that by
    making you feel really full, really fast".

Taking an oil shot when you're hungry is futile. Does nothing. Body is hoping for food, gets oil, and
    goes "great, that's nice and all, but where's the food."

Appetite suppression is not going to work that way.

That's why SLD takes longer to work for some because it takes a bit for your body to catch on that it's
    needing less "tasting calories" because you've been topping it off with flavorless ones.

So be patient!

Also, as you've all noticed, some days you're more hungry than others. It sounds stupid, but
    I take MORE OIL on those days, even if it ramps up my calories a little bit higher than I'd like,
    I know the next day there will be a dearth of calories, so it evens out.

When I have those super hungry days, I KNOW my body is TRYING to make me
    eat more tasting calories so my set point can get back up to 130!

NO.

All right, that's all I have to blither on about for now. . . . .

Jooooooooooolia

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    OG, I'm still dealing with my funky desire to eat, even when I'm not hungry. At least eating VLC keeps me out of the really stoopid crap. I'm better than I used to be but I think I need lots more W30's.
    Calee no clue if W 30 helps that or not. For me..lower carb and never any wheat works. Going on a date and I have zero control where I go. Lets see how this goes.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Calee no clue if W 30 helps that or not. For me..lower carb and never any wheat works. Going on a date and I have zero control where I go. Lets see how this goes.

Drink a quart of oil on the way out the door. You won't care where you go!

Seriously, have a great time and report back.

Joooolia! I used to love you best. Now I have to hate you most! BLECH! You made me run for an ounce of Mac nuts. See what you made me do.

I eat boring 98% of the time. Even my wings are plain baked with only salt.

Allergic to eggs so those are rarely. Allergic to beef so can't do daily. Garlic, onions and salt are my spices. So boring. Yup Mac nuts are an extravagance but never more than 10 in a day.

My body never said, well shit fatso you've already eaten, it says hell to the yes, time to EAT! We clealy have different voices. But then, you were never 100+ pounds overweight.

Sigh, I really have to sit and hate you for awhile. I never made it to Costco today. Ended up at Trader Joe's with my solitary jar of coconut oil.

I'm gonna make a sign. I HATE goolia and her freakin speeches!

Ps. Is that why she looks like a twig and I look like a pickle? Please sign my haters club petition today. Forget the petitions for Sierra Club, Save the Dogs, Save McDonalds, move the Olympics from Russia and sign my petition to ban boring ass foods!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    All I hear is a buncha wahhhh wahhhh wahhh wahhhh waaaaaaaaaah!

I will continue to eat boring ass foods and be 73lbs by Tuesday!

SNORT

In other news, and not following my own advice, um, I mean, SPEECH., I'm
    really REALLY trying not to succumb to ladytime's PMS cravings of snickers,
    twix and whatchamacalits.

So thbbbbbbb to all of YOU that are over this "Monthly Gift" phase of your lives.

Grumble, grumble.

Sorry you never made it to Costco.

Fill up the car with gas and meet me at my house at 8:30 sharp Monday morning.

I'll be kicking the kids to school and I'll be FREE! FREE! FREE!

Free to go to Costco ALL DAY WITH NO WHINING FOR HOURS, going walking on my
    favorite trail..... ahhhhhh, whatever I want until 2:15pm.

Hell, just move in, we have two extra bedrooms.

You'll learn to love me again, one day my friend... one day....

~Bethesda

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Hopeless Dreamer, if you do a search for Dole Whips, you will see it. Everything from dairy to sugar foam and roasted marshmallow syrup. Unless she went in and changed it. The moderators can't catch everything.

ETA: The op was on Aug 14th so we are not speaking of the same thread.

Dole rhymes with troll!! Roasted marshmallow syrup -ewwwwwww.