Page 152 of 175 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 152

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just had the weirdest and best lunch. 4 smoked oysters, 4 little cubes of Kerrygold sweet cheddar (new cheese for me) and 2 squares of chocolate. I may have to have the same for dinner.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    This is totally the nice room.

Ah..HRT. Totally changed my life. First my doc suggested more cardio. I almost ate her.

HD and Calee, did you see the recipes that someone posted on W30? So weird. I'm sure a moderator will remove it soon.

Hi Oceangirl, the recipes on the August 1st thread are ok, just some ketchup-like stuff. I think if they were off-plan ingredients, maybe someone would care. It seems there are lots of sauces that are allowed in all the cookbooks, and the whole30 rules just seem to prohibit baked goods. I dont know if they will remove it.
    (I cant stand ketchup, and dont like most condiments...I like the taste of good food.)

+1 on the "impulsive sushi snacking" LOL!

I actually managed 2T ELOO this morning before breakfast. That time seems to be the only time I can fit it in.
    We'll see how it goes. This weekend a social event that I got out of is rescheduled, so I'm stuck going with my family. I am bringing my own food, so I guess my only problem will be chatting with people I dont have anything in common with...

Hopeless Dreamer, if you do a search for Dole Whips, you will see it. Everything from dairy to sugar foam and roasted marshmallow syrup. Unless she went in and changed it. The moderators can't catch everything.

ETA: The op was on Aug 14th so we are not speaking of the same thread.

Last edited by oceangrl; 08-16-2013 at 03:40 PM.

janie is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like a lovely assortment of tastes, OC.

We were out all day and had lunch very late, so I think I will just skip dinner tonight. Sipping a cup of black coffee right now and that may be it. Perhaps an oil shot later.

Ah, HD - those required family socials can be boring. I always have to be careful not to say what I think, LOL. Good on you for taking your own food.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Janie it was fun but I think there needed to be more time between the oysters and chocolate.

calee is offline Senior Member
    I need to go look at the recipe links that you all are looking at.

HD, I'm so sorry about that family obligation. I hate small talk with people that I have nothing in common with. Good luck. Stay strong!

OG, great sounding dinner. Janie, can you drink coffee and still sleep? If I have caffeine after 7 am, I can't sleep. I gave up caffeinated coffee during my W75 and haven't taken it back. I sleep much better.

A miracle happened today. I never miss breakfast. NEVER. Me and IF are not friends. Not even close! I had a shot at 6:30 AM. 2 cups of decaf with half and half. Around 10 had a concoction of 1T coconut oil with a touch of cocoa that I mixed and put in the fridge. No hunger. At 1:30 I was getting a headache so I ate 3 oz GF ground beef.

Dinner was 4 scallops, 1 strip bacon, Brussels sprouts, 6 Mac nuts. Best dinner ever! I needed some cooked veggies for a change.

Where did my appetite go? Maybe now that I'm a week I, the AS is kicking in. I think ketosis really helps.

Any good weekend plans?

Pony500 is offline Member
    Hey, I'm down 1 pound this morning!! Yay! Plus, on my scale, my muscle is up .2 lbs and my fat percentage is down like .4 lbs. Of course, many times I say my scale is not accurate at all, but no, this morning that thing is accurate as hell!! I did white knuckle it yesterday in the evening. I ended up eating 2 oz of nuts around 4:30, then I had nothing else the rest of the night, well, ur, except for two small glasses of wine and an oil shot.......

calee is offline Senior Member
    Congrats Pony! I think I found 1/2 of your pound. Funny that it travelled all the wat to California to glom onto me!

What I'm seeing is that sadly I need to stay at 1100 calories to maintain and 800-1000 to lose 1/2 pound. That includes the oil. I also need an hour of exercise to maintain. At 62 it doesn't take much for the scale to go up. If I'm going to meet my goal of 2 pounds this week I'd better figure out my balance point to lose. I've been solidly in ketosis, even upon awakening which I know is the oil because I have never remained this consistently in ketosis before.

Busy day. Car smog check, walk, Pilates reformer, walk through farmers market on the way home, work event for a few hours, Costco for coconut and avocado oil, no samples in Costco! cooking.

Pony500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Congrats Pony! I think I found 1/2 of your pound. Funny that it travelled all the wat to California to glom onto me!

What I'm seeing is that sadly I need to stay at 1100 calories to maintain and 800-1000 to lose 1/2 pound. That includes the oil. I also need an hour of exercise to maintain. At 62 it doesn't take much for the scale to go up. If I'm going to meet my goal of 2 pounds this week I'd better figure out my balance point to lose. I've been solidly in ketosis, even upon awakening which I know is the oil because I have never remained this consistently in ketosis before.
    Yes, that's what has me so frustrated is that I feel like I really need to keep my calories at like 1400-1500 tops to lose anything, but I feel hungry on that, although it does depend on the time of the day. It seems my worst times for hunger and snackiness is in the afternoon anywhere from right after my brunch until like 5pm. It seems like I have a good amount of strength in the morning and later at night, but I also find it's easier to take an oil shot after my brunch and then one after dinner--at least so far....

See..this is how SLD has helped me. I shoot oil..I no longer care about Costco freebies. Is it not working the same for you guys?