Page 151 of 175 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 151

janie is offline Senior Member
    "impulsive sushi snacking" LOL

I think I'll adopt your spice jar idea. I've messed up sev'l times on days that I'm dashing about or working in my studio or garden and simply lose track of time.

Glad you are on the good hormones. I have come to believe that hormone decline is associated with the diseases of aging.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Pony500 is offline Member
    I didn't have the best day food wise--I started out with bullet proof coffee--my husband talked me into it, and that just increased my overall fat and calories for the day. Then I went for a 3.5 mile walk and ended up being starving and ended up eating some nuts......so, only two oil shots for me today. I was going to start taking three, but I think I will stick with two for now.

Anyway, I am a little low on iron, and I just thought about it today as I was coming home from my walk just feeling exhausted. I was wondering why I was not getting all this energy that everyone on a ketogenic diet gets, but when I went to my doctor on Monday, she told me my iron is low (it was 21 and the range is 10-232). So, I'm going to get some Solgar gentle iron and see if that helps with my energy levels.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Nice to see it busy in here!

I had a hungry day today. Went to lunch with my work team today. Had a bacon cheddar burger. No bun, no fries. I was disappointed that it was a standard pre made beef patty. I didn't mind giving 1/3 of it to the guy sitting next to me. The salad with it wasn't bad. I don't know if it was lunch or Pilates class that had me hungry at dinner. Had 2 wings and stir fried broccoli slaw and onions. I think lunch threw me out of ketosis.

I took a 30/30 class for the first time tonight. Half barre, half reformer. Alternate cardio. I haven't sweat that much, maybe ever! I was drenched at the end of class. My quads were a jellied mess by the end.

calee is offline Senior Member
    I think I need hormone help! My doctor prescribed Premarin. That doesn't sound like a healthy solution. Especially at $153.00 a tube. Oy

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Hormones can be a tricky dance. As much as she annoys me, I have heard Dr Phil's wife wrote a great book on menopause. Mostly her experience but she has a big team of medical professionals helping her with the book. I haven't read it.

Do you guys take your oil before or after meals? The author of the book suggests after. I've been doing that for a week or so, but I may switch back to before.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by oceangrl; 08-16-2013 at 10:24 AM.

janie is offline Senior Member
    I agree, OC. My internist and GYN only understood the big pharma synthetic crap. Which is why I sought out a doc that specializes in bioidenticals. When I started I considered it a test and was cynical that it would make a difference, but since I liked the results, I've kept it up. Luckily, I'm grandfathered in with my doc as their prices for new patients has increased considerably.

Re: shots -- I've been taking 2 -- the first one mid morning at least an hour after breakfast; the other around 3-4PM. I was taking one at night but didn't feel the need for it and decided to skip those extra calories.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Janie I may switch things up. I like my after dinner shot because I still get cravings for stupid stuff at bedtime. I think I will cut out the morning shot or cut the amount. I don't want to lose any more but I also want to stay in this range. Face it..at 59, I simply need less food than when I was 29.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Janie I may switch things up. I like my after dinner shot because I still get cravings for stupid stuff at bedtime. I think I will cut out the morning shot or cut the amount. I don't want to lose any more but I also want to stay in this range. Face it..at 59, I simply need less food than when I was 29.

It's obvious that even at age 51, I need less food than when I was even 5 years younger.....

I am trying my shots after meals--I thought someone said somewhere that it might be better that way? It's easier for me to take mine after my first meal, which is anywhere between 11am and 1pm. Then I'll take another after dinner, although LC has seemed to eliminate the after dinner snacking and also now since I also want to stay in an 8-9 hour eating window, I quit eating by 8pm usually. Then I can take an oil shot at 9pm and get ready for bed around 10pm. Anyway, that's what I'm going to try for these first few weeks. I can't wait for AS to kick in--because I still want to eat even though I just ate two eggs and like 3 oz of beef.

Pony, the author of SLD suggests shots after meals. I've played around with both and can't figure out what my preference is. Apparently I am a wishy washy SLDer.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I do hope the AS kicks in soon!! I feel so freaking hungry!!! When these nuts are gone, I am not buying anymore!!! I am going to try and white knuckle it until AS kicks in, but sometimes I just can't stand it....