Page 150 of 175 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 150

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony500 View Post
    Yes, it's incredible how the weight just falls off when you go through something like that. We had a house together and two dogs, so I had to find a house immediately--one that was suitable for my active, medium sized dogs and of course we had lived in a new house on a acre of land, so finding a house was not fun. Anyway, I met my now husband the day after I closed on the house that I bought--we got engaged a year later and married last Oct. Then I had to sell that house because I was moving into his!! Anyway, yes, I guess I keep comparing that time to now where I have been trying to lose 15 lbs since June and have only lost 3 and I don't get it. Yes, I am 3 years older, but geeze! And I had salivary hormones and cortisol done and my thyroid checked (with all the tests, not just the normal ones) and they are all okay, except for being a little low on progesterone and estrogen. So I am on bioidentical hormones right now, but just started this week, so not sure how that will play out. Anyway, that's why I am so excited to hear about some of you girls my age losing because I was thinking it's my age that is holding me back, but I also do understand that when you only have like 10-15 lbs to lose, I guess it's harder--but it wasn't hard in 2010 and that's what is so frustrating!!!
    Awesome, it turned into a happy story

I was stuck at 200-201 for weeks! I weighed myself everyday hoping to see the almighty 199 after years spent in the 200s, but it wouldn't move. I was doing everything else right so was getting really frustrated too. SLD finally broke it for me.

3 lbs is a step in the right direction, even as frustrating slow as it is. With not much left to lose, I would say it's really good!

janie is offline Senior Member
    Hey! It got busy here!
    Welcome Pony and welcome back Stacy!

I'm the oldest of all of you, I think -- 67. And 5'3" on a good day. I was a slow loser too, but it does come off if you just hang in there.

OC - you put me to shame with your weight lifting and apparently Stacy does too! I won't even mention my weight routine, but it is delivering some muscle. If I could do it all over again, I would have started the muscle building much earlier in my weight loss.

Didn't sleep much last night -- I have no idea why that happens periodically. But as a result I had breakfast at 4am, so my whole schedule will be crazy today. Getting ready for my 2nd shot.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Pony500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Hey! It got busy here!
    Welcome Pony and welcome back Stacy!

I'm the oldest of all of you, I think -- 67. And 5'3" on a good day. I was a slow loser too, but it does come off if you just hang in there.

OC - you put me to shame with your weight lifting and apparently Stacy does too! I won't even mention my weight routine, but it is delivering some muscle. If I could do it all over again, I would have started the muscle building much earlier in my weight loss.

Didn't sleep much last night -- I have no idea why that happens periodically. But as a result I had breakfast at 4am, so my whole schedule will be crazy today. Getting ready for my 2nd shot.
    Janie I was glad to see you here on this thread. I was actually looking for any threads on bioidentical hormones last week and saw that you had posted several times in one of the threads. I was a little leery of using them, but I don't know--it seems that they help most women.

And also, you have given me hope about staying active and fit for much longer--I don't know ANY 67 YO women that are doing any kind of weight training, so you are really an inspiration to me and knowing that you were able to lose weight too, well, it gave me hope. I also like this thread cause you girls are nice.....some of the threads, topics and attitudes here on MDA are frightening........and confusing too......

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Pony500

I also like this thread cause you girls are nice.....some of the threads, topics and attitudes here on MDA are frightening........and confusing too......[/QUOTE]

Hi Pony! Welcome to the nice girls thread!! Hang in there, the weight loss is slow, but it happens. I found it helpful to use "Fitday" to track my calories, just to see where I could cut back without sacrificing nutrients. I made sure to use less fat in cooking, and stopped eating nuts for a while. The extra fat from the oil shots made up for it, without sending me into the 3000 calorie stratosphere!
    Walking helps me maintain or lose more than anything else. Its that "slow moving frequently" thing.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    This is totally the nice room.

Ah..HRT. Totally changed my life. First my doc suggested more cardio. I almost ate her.

HD and Calee, did you see the recipes that someone posted on W30? So weird. I'm sure a moderator will remove it soon.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by oceangrl; 08-15-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Agree!

Hang in there, the weight loss is slow, but it happens.
    Agree with this too!

I sometimes feel like I should be losing faster or nothing is happening, just because the scale creeps down soooo slow. What really helps me is to look at pictures of myself from the last year. Seeing myself every day in the mirror I don't notice the little changes that take place over time. Only then do I think that I really have come a long way, even if the scale doesn't reflect it as much as I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony500 View Post
    Janie I was glad to see you here on this thread. I was actually looking for any threads on bioidentical hormones last week and saw that you had posted several times in one of the threads. I was a little leery of using them, but I don't know--it seems that they help most women.

And also, you have given me hope about staying active and fit for much longer--I don't know ANY 67 YO women that are doing any kind of weight training, so you are really an inspiration to me and knowing that you were able to lose weight too, well, it gave me hope. I also like this thread cause you girls are nice.....some of the threads, topics and attitudes here on MDA are frightening........and confusing too......
    I am such a believer is bioidentical HRT. At first my doc gave me the big pharma stuff but it didn't help symptoms at all. I read Suzanne Somers books and started hunting for a bioidentical knowledgable doc from her listings. I travel to NYC 2x a year now. The cost (insurance doesn't pay for anything other than the big pharma stuff) means I cut elsewhere, but it is worth it to me. And my doc says "you ain't seen nuthin' yet".

I've been weight training (baby steps) for over a year now and according to an impendence test I have in NYC, my PBF has gone down and muscle increased. I'm scheduled for another test in October.

I'm glad I give you hope. I truly wish I had started on this path sooner, but glad I did back in 2009. I know women my age who really are resigned to being sick and fat. Sigh.
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Agreed. Really -- dealing w/ trolls and nasties is just too much ugly for me.

I should have explained that the difference is that bioidenticals are recognized by your body and utilized like the ones our bodies used to produce. Not true of things like PREMARIN which is made from PREgnant MARes urINe. Not something your body can recognize or use unless you are a pregnant horse.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Yes my doc put me on the good ones and said she herself would choose them for herself and avoid the horse urine.

Not a very organized oil shot day. I keep forgetting. Plus I was out and about a lot. I may start carrying a spice jar with oil in it. I already carry one with coconut aminos in case of impulsive sushi snacking.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2