Page 149 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 149

Pony500 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    Wow! 85 lbs lost is amazing. I never had that much to lose, maybe 40 lbs at my heaviest. Lost weight with low carb, and then found Primal/paleo.
    I'm not real big in the boob department, so losing what I have just doesn not appeal to me, even at age 50! I think I was 125 lbs once upon a time....most of my life I was 135, but not alot of muscle.
    I'm not saying people here are skinny old ladies- I just happen to know too many "skinny-fat" women, who are size 2, but look like a breeze would blow them away...sigh. I definitely wont be blowing away any time soon, but I am finally happy at my weight and size.
    Another long post - I think I am tired and should call it a day.
    Hi all! Can I join this party?? It's taken me like 3 days to read this WHOLE thread! But wow, so much good information and I am really inspired by you girls--especially you girls that are a bit older and have found a way to finally lose the stubborn 10-15 lbs. I am 51, 5'6" and right now weigh 149. I have in the past gotten down to 125, but it does not last, but through most of my life, I was 135 or so. Now of course, the weight has crept up. A couple years ago, I lost about 25 lbs and did get down to 125, but it was the stress of going through a break up, buying a house and moving. I fairly quickly gained back the weight and slowly got back up to like 153 or so--eating things like whole packages of organic oreos, organic chocolate bars and way way too much wine!!!

Anyway, back in June, we had a party for my Mom and when I saw the pictures of me, I was so freaking disgusted! I have been LC before and last year I was 135, which I think is a good weight for me, but since around June 11, I have been VLC and I have lost like 2-3lbs, so it is moving VERY slowly. So, when I saw this, I had to try it. I've been doing it the last 3 days while I've been reading the thread. I'm glad to hear that it can take a little while for AS to kick in, because I always feel like I'm hungry and I work at home, so I get snacky in the afternoons and I have eaten way too many nuts and almond butter and had way too many bullet proof coffees I think and my calories are just too high. My husband is enjoying eating VLC and he even suggested that I go ZC for like a week (he knows how frustrated I am with my weight not budging). I work out about 2x a week and do sprints once a week, although I am adding another sprint workout too to try and move this weight. I know I'm obsessed, but I have enjoyed reading all your experiences and successes with this--it's been really helpful and I hope it works for me too!!

P.S. I have been fairly primal/paleo since around Oct 2011 and have hung around MDA lurking and posting a teeny bit (I spent 3-4 days reading the whole MOAR Fat thread too....). I'm also FODMAP intolerant and have some digestive issues, so LC or VLC definitely helps my digestion. Anyway, I'm not new to this WOE, and VLC has gotten me off of sugar and gotten rid of cravings (thank God), but I still feel like I eat too much. I eat around 1700-1800 cal a day, sometimes more, sometimes less, but it's obviously still too much. I'd also like to get into ketosis because I hear how awesome people feel on it (although I could swear I must have been ketotic in the last month, but still felt tired in the afternoons even after like 5 weeks) and because of the health benefits. Anyway, this is a great thread and I think I will do 3 oil shots a day now.
    Last edited by Pony500; 08-15-2013 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Added more...

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    No worries. I bench press 100 lbs and can dead lift 95 lbs so no skinny old lady here.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Ok, wow--I need to up my game!!! How many bench press reps do you do at 100lbs?

calee is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back Stacy. I've heard said that it's what we ate a few days before that shows up on the scale later, so while I might think I skated through an extravagant dinner out, my indulgence might not show up for a day or two. Hang in there. I hope vacation was fun!

I'm a fluffy older woman at 62, 5'4", 144. I'm definitely not bony at all! My bones are still well hidden. I would like to drop some pounds and get rid of a fat layer. Not sure how much I can get off. My top weight was 249 and it took years to get off. From 22/24 pants to size 8. I have nothing to complain about. Now I just want to get strong and see some muscle definition.

I just finished week 1 of 1-2 coconut shots daily and except Friday night dinner, eating really low carb. Dropped 5 pounds. Goal for this week is to continue Pilates Reformer 4-5x a week with 30 minute fast walk on those days, longer walk the other days. I want to focus on protein and veggies with 2 oil shots. Goal is to be solidly at 142 next Thursday morning which is 5 days before vacation. I really want a bit of indulgence wiggle room on vacation. Trying to figure out shots on vaca. Son will think this is another hair brained weight loss scheme of mine. He's lived through them all in his 39 years. *sigh*

calee is offline Senior Member
    Hi Pony, I had put on a few pounds on a trip last week. Julia reminded me how effective zero carb can be. I started Saturday, not zero but jst one green salad a day. I always hate the thought of VLC, but it does work. I eat around 1000-1200 calories a day without the 2 shots. Yesterday I felt like I ate a lot and was 1348 with three shots. I'm trying to up my shots a bit and making sure that fat is the highest component of my calories. I have a solid fat layer to trim off my body.

I find that I'm a lot hungrier on the days that I do an hour of Pilates Reformer. I have to be careful to not eat more than 10-12 Mac nuts in a day and to keep nut butters out of my food plan. Calories are too dense for me.

It will be fun to watch your progress. Others have had. Lot of success.

Thanks Calee--yes, I was thinking back on 2010 when I lost the 25lbs--I think because I was going through so much stress and heartache, I absolutely did lose my appetite. I actually started out that spring by wanting to lose some weight, so I started walking 5 miles a day. I did lose some weight, but then in July, my then fiance announced that he had met someone else and from July to about October, I continued to lose weight easily, mostly I think because I just wasn't interested in food. I remember I was still eating a good bit of nuts with this snack mix that had nuts, raisins and cranberries. But, I'm sure that the main reason I lost so much was just from calorie restriction, but because of my emotional state, it seemed effortless. I do remember how awesome though it was to just not be so obsessed with food and wanting to eat and snack and that's what I am really hoping for with SLD. I'm sick of it!! Being VLC did get rid of the painful cravings that I had--the kind of cravings that would drive me to go to the store and buy whatever (candy, cookies, cake, you name it) and bring it home and eat it all. I hated that so much! And again, I also continue to keep snacking on things like nuts and almond butter even though I had just eaten breakfast or lunch and that sucks! Anyway, I am excited about this and I do realize it may be slow progress, but I don't want to go back. I am sick of buying bigger clothes, then smaller clothes, then bigger clothes, then smaller clothes--I'm done!!!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Pony. Wow..you read the entire thread? My hat is off to ya. Bench press..not many. Definitely a PR thing. I only do it with my trainer spotting me. I worked up to 3 reps. Working with him has SO increased my strength. We do a lot of push pull stuff using a sled/prowler. It makes me feel very macho..in a girly way. :0)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Welcome back Stacy. I've heard said that it's what we ate a few days before that shows up on the scale later, so while I might think I skated through an extravagant dinner out, my indulgence might not show up for a day or two. Hang in there. I hope vacation was fun!

I'm a fluffy older woman at 62, 5'4", 144. I'm definitely not bony at all! My bones are still well hidden. I would like to drop some pounds and get rid of a fat layer. Not sure how much I can get off. My top weight was 249 and it took years to get off. From 22/24 pants to size 8. I have nothing to complain about. Now I just want to get strong and see some muscle definition.

I just finished week 1 of 1-2 coconut shots daily and except Friday night dinner, eating really low carb. Dropped 5 pounds. Goal for this week is to continue Pilates Reformer 4-5x a week with 30 minute fast walk on those days, longer walk the other days. I want to focus on protein and veggies with 2 oil shots. Goal is to be solidly at 142 next Thursday morning which is 5 days before vacation. I really want a bit of indulgence wiggle room on vacation. Trying to figure out shots on vaca. Son will think this is another hair brained weight loss scheme of mine. He's lived through them all in his 39 years. *sigh*
    Thanks for the welcome back! This morning I was down another pound, which puts me 1 lb away from where I was before leaving on vacation. Woohoo!! And vacation was fun! It was a motorcycle trip around South Dakota/Wyoming, in which we hit all the State/National Parks and the cool old time towns and sites. Best part of the entire trip a guy standing in line next to me waiting to use restroom asked if I was a fitness trainer!!!! When I said no, but thanks for the compliment, he said "Well you must work out all the time". Seriously made my year

Since we are sharing our sizes.... I am almost 38 (bday in 3 weeks), 5'8" and current weight is 196, which currently puts me at a size 12. Not really sure what my goal weight is, so I'm going to just keep at it and see what happens. Lifting weights has given me a pretty solid build.

At my heaviest 2 years ago I weighed 249.8 and was a tight size 16. That was my breaking point. No way I wanted to hit 250 or size 18. I joined weight watchers and lost 25 lbs in 3-4 months and then got sick of counting points and dropped it, and hovered around 225-230 lbs for the next 8-9 months until I stumbled on MDA a year ago and have lost another 30 living primal.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pony500 View Post
    Thanks Calee--yes, I was thinking back on 2010 when I lost the 25lbs--I think because I was going through so much stress and heartache, I absolutely did lose my appetite. I actually started out that spring by wanting to lose some weight, so I started walking 5 miles a day. I did lose some weight, but then in July, my then fiance announced that he had met someone else and from July to about October, I continued to lose weight easily, mostly I think because I just wasn't interested in food. I remember I was still eating a good bit of nuts with this snack mix that had nuts, raisins and cranberries. But, I'm sure that the main reason I lost so much was just from calorie restriction, but because of my emotional state, it seemed effortless. I do remember how awesome though it was to just not be so obsessed with food and wanting to eat and snack and that's what I am really hoping for with SLD. I'm sick of it!! Being VLC did get rid of the painful cravings that I had--the kind of cravings that would drive me to go to the store and buy whatever (candy, cookies, cake, you name it) and bring it home and eat it all. I hated that so much! And again, I also continue to keep snacking on things like nuts and almond butter even though I had just eaten breakfast or lunch and that sucks! Anyway, I am excited about this and I do realize it may be slow progress, but I don't want to go back. I am sick of buying bigger clothes, then smaller clothes, then bigger clothes, then smaller clothes--I'm done!!!
    What an awful terrible thing to go through!!

I left/divorced my ex-husband 11 years ago. The stress of that caused me to lose 30 pounds in like 6 weeks, no appetite what so ever. I sometimes joke I need to go through another divorce to get skinny (but first I need to get married again)

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    What an awful terrible thing to go through!!

I left/divorced my ex-husband 11 years ago. The stress of that caused me to lose 30 pounds in like 6 weeks, no appetite what so ever. I sometimes joke I need to go through another divorce to get skinny (but first I need to get married again)
    Yes, it's incredible how the weight just falls off when you go through something like that. We had a house together and two dogs, so I had to find a house immediately--one that was suitable for my active, medium sized dogs and of course we had lived in a new house on a acre of land, so finding a house was not fun. Anyway, I met my now husband the day after I closed on the house that I bought--we got engaged a year later and married last Oct. Then I had to sell that house because I was moving into his!! Anyway, yes, I guess I keep comparing that time to now where I have been trying to lose 15 lbs since June and have only lost 3 and I don't get it. Yes, I am 3 years older, but geeze! And I had salivary hormones and cortisol done and my thyroid checked (with all the tests, not just the normal ones) and they are all okay, except for being a little low on progesterone and estrogen. So I am on bioidentical hormones right now, but just started this week, so not sure how that will play out. Anyway, that's why I am so excited to hear about some of you girls my age losing because I was thinking it's my age that is holding me back, but I also do understand that when you only have like 10-15 lbs to lose, I guess it's harder--but it wasn't hard in 2010 and that's what is so frustrating!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    Best part of the entire trip a guy standing in line next to me waiting to use restroom asked if I was a fitness trainer!!!! When I said no, but thanks for the compliment, he said "Well you must work out all the time". Seriously made my year
    That would make my year too!!!