Page 148 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 148

calee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Calee..Powells Books. I love spending the day there.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    That's the one!

janie is offline Senior Member
    I got in that afternoon oil shot today. What a difference it makes in taking me clear through to dinner. I've been running errands all day with very little since breakfast. Planning grilled Coho salmon along with squash from the garden.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Janie it's astounding the difference that third shot makes isn't it? Weighed myself at the gym today. I weigh 120 which is what I weighed in high school and my twenties. I weighed 135 when I started this SLD journey. I actually wouldn't mind gaining 5 lbs, but maybe I will just see what happens naturally. Cutting down to tsp of oil 3 times a day. I may introduce white rice at dinner. The horrors.

Dinner will be steamed mussles, zuc butter and grilled eggplant. I was going to make cauli rice to sop up the broth, but I think I will make the real thing. I don't think I own any..

calee is offline Senior Member
    OG, you're with the tiny girls! I can't imagine ever saying that I'd like to gain an ounce. You've had sensational progress here in Shangri La. I'm going o remember to not give up!

You and Janie both have yummy dinners planned. I won't get home from Pilates until 7:30 so it's probably wings and veggies again.

Calee don't give up. It does work. I found W30 plus SLD to be the magic. Don't you go telling Tom and Renee Joolia..

I have rice cooking on my stove. So odd.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    HD..so good to hear from you. Are you journaling over on W30? Glad you are doing well.

I am occasionally chiming in on a thread called "starting august 1" over at Whole30.

For people whose weight loss seems slow, it took me 5 months to re-set my weight at 5.5 lbs lower. Obviously, I didnt have a lot to lose, and I was working out several times a week. But stick with it, the weight comes down eventually.

And FYI, I am not a tiny person...at 5'6, I currently weigh 150, but it looks good. I dont look like a bony old lady with stick limbs and no boobs. Not trying to lose any more weight, just want to finally fix my health.
    That's a long post for me!

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Hey SDL'ers!

I haven't posted here for awhile. Was on vacation for 10 days and only took oil day 1 and day 10. Was tough to find a convenient time to take it so took a little break.

First day back I jumped on scale and was up 1 lb from day I left (I lost 3.5 lbs week before I left using oil) so was damn happy about that. The next day up 1, and day after that up another all while back to primal and oil! Today finally scale went down 1. I'm sure my water weight is adjusting. I hit weights pretty hard also after no lifting for 10 days.

3rd day back on oil and not a lot of AS yet, but only been doing 2 shots. Think I need to add back in 3rd shot at night. That's also was I got great AS, so hoping it will kick back in with that addition.

Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    I am occasionally chiming in on a thread called "starting august 1" over at Whole30.

For people whose weight loss seems slow, it took me 5 months to re-set my weight at 5.5 lbs lower. Obviously, I didnt have a lot to lose, and I was working out several times a week. But stick with it, the weight comes down eventually.

And FYI, I am not a tiny person...at 5'6, I currently weigh 150, but it looks good. I dont look like a bony old lady with stick limbs and no boobs. Not trying to lose any more weight, just want to finally fix my health.
    That's a long post for me!
    Lol..I am also 5'6 and and 59 yo. I am not a boney old lady with stick limbs. Yeesh. I think we are all built differently and really..the scale means nothing. I simply wanted a comparison. Before SLD and after SLD. I never had boobs. Well..not true. I gained a lot of weight in my 40s. I had them then. I lost 85lbs on Medifast. I know..yuck. A bunch of us Medifasters found Paleo and W30. We even had a Paleo thread on Medifast forums. The rest is history.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Lol..I am also 5'6 and and 59 yo. I am not a boney old lady with stick limbs. Yeesh. I think we are all built differently and really..the scale means nothing. I simply wanted a comparison. Before SLD and after SLD. I never had boobs. Well..not true. I gained a lot of weight in my 40s. I had them then. I lost 85lbs on Medifast. I know..yuck. A bunch of us Medifasters found Paleo and W30. We even had a Paleo thread on Medifast forums. The rest is history.

Wow! 85 lbs lost is amazing. I never had that much to lose, maybe 40 lbs at my heaviest. Lost weight with low carb, and then found Primal/paleo.
    I'm not real big in the boob department, so losing what I have just doesn not appeal to me, even at age 50! I think I was 125 lbs once upon a time....most of my life I was 135, but not alot of muscle.
    I'm not saying people here are skinny old ladies- I just happen to know too many "skinny-fat" women, who are size 2, but look like a breeze would blow them away...sigh. I definitely wont be blowing away any time soon, but I am finally happy at my weight and size.
    Another long post - I think I am tired and should call it a day.

No worries. I bench press 100 lbs and can dead lift 95 lbs so no skinny old lady here.