Page 147 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 147

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Janie, I laughed outloud through my nose when I read your "well, just stay fat then". Good thing I wasn't drinking a coke..Mexican or otherwise.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I am here...havent been doing any oil shots, but sticking to the Whole30 pretty well. I have been doing alot of walking (not as much as Julia), and yoga every other day. I havent done any LHT for a few weeks, as there are a few sore spots I want to heal.
    The gentle yoga is just enough for now.
    I read these posts and like to hear how everyone is doing....this little Shangri-la community is a great sub-set of the paleo/MDA/whole30 crowd!

HD..so good to hear from you. Are you journaling over on W30? Glad you are doing well.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Oh boy, everyone woke up! I love when I'm not echoing off the walls of Shangri La.

Just stay fat.....haha!

Joolia and Janie, do I have to eat tiny like the two of you to whittle off the fluff? You two are tiny. I don't know the size of anyone else in here. I think I eat more. I was fine all day after my morning shot. Ate around 400 calories, but got really hungry after Pilates. I ate my two wings and salad for dinner but then scarfed down two ounces of New Zealand GF cheddar. I will definitely remember my oil shot tonight.

HD, I'm glad the yoga is helping with your healing.

OG is your car running again?

I just glugg out of the bottle with the avocado oil, but I heat up the coconut oil so put it in a fancy shot glass, then slug it down.

I've been on a diet for 50 years. My son doesn't know me any other way. I'm grateful that he is a very healthy eater.

I'm so grateful to finally be in a normal BMI body.

Calee..yes!! Picked up the car today. I love my mechanic. He fixed 3 other things and charged me nothing. He also assured me I have nothing to worry about with my car for a year. I thought brakes and tires were immenent..he said no.

OG, such a relief that you didn't need more car work. Maybe that flat screen is getting closer?

I was really hungry last night. After dinner of 2 wings and cup of salad I was so hungry. Dinner was 5:30 because lunch had just been a cup of fat free yogurt. At 8 I had 2oz GF cheddar and 6 Mac nuts. 9 I had a coconut oil 3/4 shot. This tells me that I need a more sustaining lunch to get me through Pilates. Class at 6 tonight so dinner won't be until 7:30-8. I will also get in a second 30 minute walk since I will walk home after work, then walk back to the studio. Maybe an oil shot before the studio if I suffer no morning oil cleanse. Maybe the morning cleanse left me hungrier?

So glad I'm not on a W30 right now because I can weigh every morning as I've done for years. I have watched the scale go down daily since starting the oil, but particularly since going to under 20 carbs a day. Never dreamed I could shed 5 in a week. Hats off to Joolia Goolia for reminding me how well VLC works. But I know it's the combo with the oil because in the past I was lucky for 2 pounds a week. Ok so 3.5 were rapidly put on last week traveling but heck, they count as coming off.

Julia, have fun at the water park today. We're you right in your Lady predictions?

OG, I was in Portland last August for the first time. Just a day. I was visiting my college best friend outside Eugene and we drove up for a day. Went to the big bookstore, walked around, had dinner at a cute place. Portland is on my list for a longer visit someday.

Have a fun day everyone!

janie is offline Senior Member
    HD - I'm glad the yoga is helping. How are you finding W30? When I did it I found it hard to give up dairy and wine, but it did help me drop a bit more fluff.

Calee - I am not yet tiny but working on it. The food intake you describe does not seem excessive to me. I usually have some sort of fat/protein breakfast after I've been up for a time, nibble a bit thru the day, and have a nice dinner. I've taken to having a protein shake on my gym days as I've got a focus on muscle building (which is as slow as my weight loss was, LOL).

Glad you got your car back, Oceangrl. And how nice to have a trusted mechanic.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Calee I so can't eat fat free yogurt. Or any yogurt mostly. Fat free yogurt makes me want sugar.

Janie so true about a trusted mechanic. Plus..he is 2 blocks from my house. He's not cheap. The guy at the bank put it well "Vics treats every car like a new car". Can be spendy but good. The bank guy owns a 93 Honda. I own a 98 Subaru.

Last edited by oceangrl; 08-14-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Calee..Powells Books. I love spending the day there.