Page 146 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 146

calee is offline Senior Member
    Janie, Berlin, Poland, Prague.

I get a good and workout on the reformer 4x a week. I'm getting a decent core.

OG, glad you still love us! Darn Tapatalk!

Yes, difficult to shut up about oil. I only told 1 girlfriend. Your dinner looks great! What city are you in? I'm in a walking neighborhood as well.

Not a good morning. I think I am learning that consistency is important. I missed my shot last night. This morning was a touch more oil but not even a teaspoon more. I am struggling to get out of the work bathroom. Glad it waited until I had finished walking here. I feel cleansed! No hunger at all.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I'm glad they leave us alone in here!!

janie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    By the way..isn't it hard to read posts about plateaus and NOT bring up SLD? I wouldn't do it for fear of being attacked by those who think they are the smartest person in the room. So glad they don't wander in here and argue.
    Well said!

And glad you are back!
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Wasn't I just not around yesterday? You guys are funny.

Calee, I live in a town called Lake Oswego. It's about ten minutes south of Portland, Oregon. I live right in the middle of the business community. Love my neighborhood. Walking and bicycle paths everywhere. Your trip sounds fabulous. It's amazing how skipping an oil dose causes a "cleanse".

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Howdy party people,

Julia Goolia is in the house.

First, yes, TOTALLY HARD not to tell others about swilling oil. VERY HARD.

I have learned to keep my trap shut though with regard to diet AND exercise.

No one wants to hear it, even if they've asked!

My husband thinks I'm a total fruitcake about the oil.

He doesn't know why I'm doing it or even asks, and I don't tell him either. Waste of time.

Kids are very curious, but instead of going the route my mother always did (being on
    a diet 24/7 when she NEVER NEEDED IT) and saying what "diet" I'm on, I just tell them
    I'm drinking oil because it's good for old ladies' brains. Keeps me from forgetting stuff.

RIGHT.

Not so much, but I really don't want my kids growing up in a diet centered, calorie focused
    home like *I* did my whole life. Annoying, and life long. NO.

My weekend with my mom was good.

We went out to lunch (whereupon I was full on like to micro bites of chicken and salad), ran
    errands, went out to coffee and then to see Two Guns with Marky Mark and Steamy Denzel Washington,
    which I THOUGHT would super dee DUPER suck ASS, but it was really good!

Not really good like you'd want to write home about it, but for as much as I thought it was going to
    suck, it turned out to be very entertaining.

Anyway, I'm still doing the oil, 3tbs a day mainly, unless I forget and it's working just fine.

Yesterday I used olive oil and even just hoarked it right out of the bottle.

I put it on my scale, tared it out to zero, snorfled some, put it back on, and it was 15g
    exactly. HA!

Now how embarrassing would THAT be if someone pulled THAT nonsense at work. HAhahahahahha!

Off to have my second shot of the day soon.

My routine lately has been: coffee, oil shot, green juice, oil, real food, oil, dinner.

My green juice was really nasty today. Too.Much.Kale. very bitter, but I drank it anyway.

I feel myself bloating up. Ladytime is waiting in the wings.

Sposed to hit in four days, but since I'm going to the water park tomorrow with the kids and
    my husband, you'll be sure as shit to hear that it hit tomorrow instead. I FEEL IT IN MY BONES!!!

Whatever. RED DEATH WILL NOT STOP ME!!!!!

Julia..lol on the slugging. I can't be bothered to measure. I tested what a TBS felt like in my mouth and have slugged ever since.

You are so right about diet and exercize. Even those who ask just glaze over and give me 109 reasons why they can't. Now I just say "I watch what I eat and move often".

Don't let ladytime drive you to stoopid stuff.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Most times I just tell them about the Full Body Girdle I'm wearing and
    then laugh it off.

If they continue to REALLY ASK, then I'll say what you say. HA!

Naw, I don't think LadyTime will drive me to eat stupid stuff.... though, one
    never knows.

Lately I've been so BORED with food.

Yesterday's lunch was some roasted chicken breath over steamed yellow squash, topped
    with chicken bone broth.

The whole thing was MAYBE 300 calories, effing tasty, yet I could only eat half of it.

Eating less is so much easier that I barely (i say this now, it may change) think about
    the stupid shit because while I AM eating less, I know I need to rub up against some damn
    vitamins or I'll die.

So my choices have been smarter.

After I eat my Smart Choices (enter virtuous smirk there folks), I'm fuller than six tics..... and I really, really WANT to crave chocolate chips, cuz lord knows I have the calorie room for them,
    but if I do, I'll barf, so I don't.

Still so freaking odd NOT TO BE HUNGRY or THINK ABOUT FOOD AT ALL TIMES.

My family eats all meals at different times, and I admit that I'm a short order cook and make them
    all different things. Couldn't give six shits or 5 f*cks, either. It works for us.

ANYWAY, twice last week and once this weekend I even FORGOT to make anything for the husband.

*WE* eat the same thing, but since he INSISTS ON DRINKING 500FUCKINGBEERSFIRST, we eat at
    different times.

So, on those nights he was like "anything for dinner tonight?" and I was like "Oh, um, WOW, er, NO?"

Funny shit right there.

Poor witto mikey wikey had to forage for himsewwff. WAH. Cry me a river.

You'd think the 900 cals in the beer woulda been enough to sustain him...... ^&%*^!

~Anonymous

Julia you crack me up. Especially your sign off of that post.

I know what you mean about food. Last night I made a fab chicken dish from Well Fed and grilled romaine and zucchini butter. It was a dinner fit for royalty. I was resentful that the chicken had 4 steps and I would have been just as happy with just the romaine. Yay for AS.

Julia - good to see you! So agree with not raising your children with the crazed diet mentality. It colors their futures, especially girls. I'm sure I had that effect on my daughter to some extent.

Ate tiny meals today but did give in and have wine while reading b/f dinner. I think I caved b/c I skipped my afternoon shot. Was working in my studio, got involved and forgot! Anyway, love wine but don't need the kcals or carbs. Will be more cautious tomorrow.
    Far healthier!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh - and on the asking......people ask me all the time HOW I lost weight and you can just see them go south when I tell them. Then they reply "oh, well.. I could not live w/o wheat & sugar". I always want to say "well, stay fat then!"
    Far healthier!