Page 142 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 142

calee is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Date tomorrow. At least I hope it's a date. Maybe it's just a friend thang, but I don't think so. Putting Saturday date on hold for awhile. I'm sugar jonesing. I was just unpacking and found 1 lonesome baby tiny mini snickers in the bottom of my purse from the conference. Popped it right into my mouth. UGH vile! What the heck did I do that for?

Maybe cause I'm frustrated. Never run the garbage disposal, only like 3-4x a year. Put some sauerkraut in tonight. Was in the guest bathroom on my hands and knees washing the floor. Look over and there is standing water, high standing water. Dang! Really really really glad I took a shower an hour ago.

Ha! Have fun with mom Julia. Must be tough going to the ocean. Hey, I was in San Jose last Sunday. I went down to go to the art museum. The Annie Liebowitz personal journey exhibit is outrageous good. I was surprised at how good it was.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Yeah my mom lives in La Jolla. I lived in Mission Beach on the boardwalk before we moved up the hill. I would love my mon to hear the ocean again. She misses it. I begrudge her nothing. I'll bet you guys would love her.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I think I spent a night in La Jolla last year. Cute little hotel on a corner somewhere. Great 5 star chef. Small portions, gret food. isn't La Jolla right on the coast? Maybe I'm confused. I'd love to hear the ocean as well. I live on a lake but it's not the same. Tell about your mom and what makes her great. I bet I'm your mom's age.

Down 1.5 of the 3.5. But I need to get down a few more. Countdown to vacation is on and I need to be down 5 to have my jeans fit well the entire two weeks. 18 days to trim down. I need to get serious with the oil. Food choices other than mini snickers were good yesterday, low carb other than that.

Lol..Calee my mom is 88. :0)

Yes La Jolla is on the coast. Very pretty little town. Way touristy now but it was just a beautiful place when I was growing up.

I think I remember you are going somewhere exotic on vaca right? Europe? China?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Well MYYYYYYY mother is freshly 71, so there.

I don't begrudge her a thing. I just like to make fun of the fact that she
    lives in paradise and I don't.

My father lives in Brea.

I think we drove "through" La Jolla once, but I've never been outta the car
    to see it.

Looked cute though.

LEE! Damnit woman! Go zero carb I tell you and get rid of that 2.5lbs STAT.

I SAID SO, so now you have to.

Besides, then your hunger will be even lower and you won't even crave stupid shit.

Do this. Jumpstart that water loss this instant.

I'm still on the SLD wagon.

Yesterday, being CD19 and not a very hungry part of the cycle at that, I had to MAKE myself
    eat.

Think I ended up at around 900 calories...

But, like I said, I'm goin' to my mom's tomorrow (her bday was the 6th) with my sister to take
    her out for her birthday weekend, so there will be lots of eating.

Well, maybe not tons, as my mother is 98lbs and is "full all day" from like two lettuce leaves, but
    WHATEVER. That doesn't mean that Porky here won't order something incredibly delicious.. We'll
    see how much I'm able to eat.

In weight news, haven't weighed nakey yet again because I really don't want it to piss me off if I'm
    STILL AT 120 (which is fantastic, but plateaus suck regardless), but I did get on with all my clothes
    on and it says 123... so possibly I could be at 119.. WHO KNOWS!

I may just have to change my scale to Kg's.

That's always fun to see the number 55kg instead of 120lbs.

Bwhahahahahahahaha! Now what would Tom and Renee have to say about THAT?

Whoever they are. I seriously have zero clue.

Lee, were you able to clean up your water mess?

One night I woke up to the sound of our water softener doing its thing. Cleaning itself as it
    does once a week, but it was LOUDER this time... I walked down the hallway to get to the laundry
    room (50 feet away) and when I got to the foyer, I hit water. Lots of it. Opened the kitchen door and
    MORE WATER.

SO MUCH WATER it was running down the heat registers. God. Kill me.

Wasn't the water softener, it was a circa 1963 hose to the sink in our little bathroom
    that assploded.

That was really fun to clean up at 3am.

But, for once I didn't rue the day that my husband is a Beach Towel Whore, because the 500
    of them really sopped up all that water.

But then of course I had to wash them all.

Sigh.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    have not taken any oil shots for a week. I am thinking of doing some this weekend, depends on timing and stuff. I want my appetite totally under control, since this Whole30 is going so well. I know I have a family event at the end of Aug. I dont want to mess up the Whole30, but it may come to that if I cant bring enough food to supplement the meager amount of things I will be able to eat. I'm not going to worry, since stress is no good either! But it would be nice not to be real hungry, so I'm less tempted to blow it...
    On another note, I got out of two invites this weekend for places I didnt want to go - so no explaining and having to bring my own food. Just home sweet home. Have a good weekend everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    have not taken any oil shots for a week. I am thinking of doing some this weekend, depends on timing and stuff. I want my appetite totally under control, since this Whole30 is going so well. I know I have a family event at the end of Aug. I dont want to mess up the Whole30, but it may come to that if I cant bring enough food to supplement the meager amount of things I will be able to eat. I'm not going to worry, since stress is no good either! But it would be nice not to be real hungry, so I'm less tempted to blow it...
    On another note, I got out of two invites this weekend for places I didnt want to go - so no explaining and having to bring my own food. Just home sweet home. Have a good weekend everyone!
    That is a great use of oil shots. If you end up going off plan, it will be in a small way. :0)

HD, I have vaca at the end of August so maybe we can cheer each other on. I'm going to do oil until then. I just came off a W75 so not doing that this month but want to eat really clean.... Starting tomorrow. I ate really clean all day but leaving tonight open for possibly a bit of wheat depending on dinner.

OG, you're right! Your mom could be my mom. I'm 62. Oy, how the F did that happen?

Dear Mrs. Porky Beach Towel Whore,
    Yes, the building maintenance crew took care of the water problem. I just had to sanitize the crap out of it.

Ate low carb all day. Leaving tonight open. Going to Pizziola for dinner tonight. Best gourmet thingamajig pizza in town, if you like stuff like nettles on your thin crust. Maybe they'll have something interesting like rabbit like they sometimes do. Who cares about dinner. What's really important? What to wear? Is it a date? Or a you seem like you would be an interesting friend? I shrunk my tightest jeans cuz they make my tush look great. Still way too fluffy but they ride so low that they even look good with a tucked in T and a belt. Or a cute little dress? Kinda cool out though. Darn bay area summer! I need a consult. I better figure it out in the next 15 minutes or I won't be ready. At least the guy has already been to my house so no biggie. God I feel fat.

Mz. Thang, no complaining about 120. I'll be zero carb tomorrow and up until weight is off. Maybe I should consult Charles on Zero Carb. Just freaking kidding! Have fun with mama tomorrow. Wish her happy birthday from Shangri La.

OG, I'm off to Berlin where my son is spending the summer writing. Then we both go to Poland to see where my mama was born, Then on to Prague to play. Should be a good two weeks. What are you doing this weekend?

Gotta go throw clothes around. Bye!