Page 140 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 140

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Julia, good to see you pop in. Blasted hormones!!

HD..very cool about your arsenal hack for W30. I am backing a bit off of the oil soon. I lost a total of 12 lbs and feel my setpoint really did lower. I feel great and am completely happy with how I look. Those last 10-12 lbs really were meant to come off.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

little vase is offline Senior Member
    12 lbs??! That's amazing. Good for you, oceangrl!
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    12 lbs??! That's amazing. Good for you, oceangrl!
    Thanks Little Vase. I wondered where you had been.

LeaB is offline Member
    Hi everyone!
    Has anyone tried this in conjunction with the Leptin reset?

I was thinking I could use the oil in place of lunch but I wonder if that is just confusing the whole reset concept.

Hi Lea, I had to google leptin reset. It took me to another thread on this forum. It reminds me a lot of the Whole 30 program. They advocate eating 3 meals a day, the first one being eaten within 30 minutes of waking. It is also a reset program. No dairy or protein shakes allowed though.

I don't know how skipping lunch would affect what you are trying to achieve with your hormones. Sometimes mixing plans is not awesome. What if you used just a smaller amount of oil so you still eat 3 times a day but smaller amounts?

As I said, I had to google leptin reset so I have no clue if my idea is crazy or if it makes sense.

LeaB is offline Member
    thanks oceangirl,
    You are probably right that it is not a good idea to combine protocols. The leptin reset is all about getting hormones back in line. It requires that you eat a very big breakfast first thing in the morning, then one or two more (small) meals the rest of the day. whole foods and no snacking. The very large breakfast does some things at the brain and hormone level (I am not very scientific and don't pretend to really understand it all) I did have some success with it in the past, I saw improvement with my sleep and sugar cravings etc, but never got to the weight loss. It can take 6-8 weeks to correct hormones (3 or more weeks for weight loss to start) depending on how 'broken' you are. and it really requires diligence because if you screw up, you basicaly have to start the clock again....that is all ok, I shouldn't be in such a hurry, It took me about a year and a half of pretty strict paleo/primal eating to lose 15 pounds (didn't fall off immediately like it does for so many- I have a very slow metabolism).
    Unfortunately I decided to try going off of my thyroid medication (had been on it for 20 years) because I thought I had 'fixed' my thyroid. short story, I gained 10 pounds in about 8 days and even after going back on the meds, (still eating primal) gained another 8 pounds. so, I guess my hormones are all screwed up again. I am frustrated at the thought of getting back to where I was, and saw this thread and was very interested in all of it. Just had this idea of combining for a jump start of sorts.
    Maybe it is dumb for me anyway because I don't really have a problem with a huge appetite - that is one of the most beautiful things that primal/paleo eating has done for me. I am not thinking about food all day long. In fact I usually have coffee and wait til 1 pm to eat lunch, then dinner at 6-7 with no snacking. some 85% choc at night and that is it. so it is always so confusing why i am still 30 pounds overwieght (was 15 til the medication experiement- now 30 again).
    I feel like the set point theory must be more than just the appetite suppression aspect because like so many said, they had tried eating less ( and feeling like they were starving) and not losing weight, then with SLD they saw results. I find it fascinating even though it makes no sense (lol) !
    anyway, so sorry, this became so much longer and more rambling than I intended. lol. I just wanted to join in but I think you are right, I should probably stick to one thing and not try both. I probably should try to fix the hormone issues first (leptin reset).
    Last edited by LeaB; 08-05-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Lea, I think you are making the right decision. Yes the SLD is very much about set point and appetite supression. You can order the book or even go to the website to learn more. I'm like you..I know if something makes sense to me, but the science stuff doesn't always stay with me. You can always get your hormones in order and then give SLD a go.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Honey, I'm home! Up a few pounds. Some flour, some sugar, introduced first dairy since May 1st. Four days of restaurant food and hotel food. No exerise except going up and down five fligh of stairs numerous times a day. No alcohol. My body feels trashed.

Need inspiration please. Need these 3.5 pounds to vanish and clear Paleo head to prevail. CO shot awaits me this morning.

Ant inspiration and encouragement appreciated.

How are you all doing? Can I shed 15 pounds before Saturday? HAR as Joolia would say.

calee is offline Senior Member
    ARG. I'm reacting to the CO shot the way I generally react to MCT sans stomach cramps. Didn't think I would complete my walk to work, but I did. Interesting observation: when clean paleo W 30, no reaction to CO. When system clogged with sugar/flour, reaction to CO is not pretty. I think my bod is giving me clear signals about what it prefers I ingest food wise.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome back Calee. Yeah..15 lbs in 3 days. Should be easy peasy..

Ooooo...bummer about the CO reaction. I find that if I go off my oil, I have to start with mostly ELOO and a tsp MTC or CO. Then over about 2 days, I work up to all MTC. It amazes me how quickly I lose the ability to digest MCTs.