Page 14 of 175 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 14

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been popping a couple of tsp of CO in my coffee w/ cream the past few days... not exactly "tasteless" but it adds some extra fat that I'm looking for, and seems to work to suppress my appetite nicely. (Though I've been on this IF schedule for quite a long while and it's nothing new.)
    It also seems to give me energy that the coffee w/cream alone doesn't, and a slight feeling of warmth as well.

I know it's weird but my daily 2 cups of coffee (small vintage 70's cups) are very much comforts and not about any appreciable "buzz" at all, so normally there is no energy burst at all... I could actually probably nap right after drinking them normally.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Here's an appetite suppressing thought for you. If you have extra fat on your body it means you already ate and therefore don't need to eat for a while. Stop eating. You're not going to starve to death if you skip out on those cookies. I promise.

Very simple and straightforward. I don't want to hear any excuses.

And I don't care if I offend anyone either, because I used to be obese myself. I started eating less, and now I'm lean for life. It really is that simple. So you can stop the excuses now. Stop being a glutton and put the fork down, and quit making excuses and trying fad diets.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    Here's an appetite suppressing thought for you. If you have extra fat on your body it means you already ate and therefore don't need to eat for a while. Stop eating. You're not going to starve to death if you skip out on those cookies. I promise.

Very simple and straightforward. I don't want to hear any excuses.

And I don't care if I offend anyone either, because I used to be obese myself. I started eating less, and now I'm lean for life. It really is that simple. So you can stop the excuses now. Stop being a glutton and put the fork down, and quit making excuses and trying fad diets.
    LOL! how about go F*k yourself... and I don't want to hear any excuses. You're in shape now, I bet you can manage it.

I doubt anyone here is eating cookies.
    I know I don't, I'm gluten intolerant (medically) and have never tried a single replacement baked good.

I actually eat HFLC for neurological reasons and decided to play with some CO to see if the claims had any standing out of curiosity.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    I'm with you, there, Cori. I had the same response.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Well, I'm not obese and I don't eat cookies. I just want to not eat during the day and not have it be a white-knuckling-type situation.

I've been trying 16/8 fasting for a few weeks but don't enjoy having to prepare my meal at work or bringing one in a thermos (the cooking of which in the morning makes me hungry all during the remaining hours of the fast). I might instead try having breakfast at home and fasting all through the work day. But I know I will get hungry and that will distract me from work, so the appetite suppressant qualities of a spoon of coconut oil or something similar might help. If the lack of taste and smell is what provides the appetite suppressant, I am not averse to giving it a try.

By the way, a spoonful of coconut oil caused me some explosive experiences. I guess that's one way of losing some calories quickly.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if palm oil would work well; the one I use sparingly for cooking has zero flavor and it's a lot cheaper than coconut oil.

I don't really want to decrease my appetite, since it's been fairly low for a while, but the scientist in me is really curious about this, so I might try it anyway!

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    LOL! how about go F*k yourself... and I don't want to hear any excuses. You're in shape now, I bet you can manage it.
    LMAO....I don't care who you are....thats funny right there!

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    I love you, cori.

Since I'm not eating cookies but I'm still fat, can I eat cookies then and get lean?

COOKIES MIGHT BE THE ANSWER.
    Last edited by Gay Panda; 01-06-2013 at 02:36 PM.

purple579 is offline Member
    Question for anyone who's read the SLD book: Is the diet supposed to work because of appetite suppression, therefore leading to less calorie consumption and then weight loss, or because of an unrelated physiological change in body from confusion about the flavorless calories coming in? Reading through "Shovelqueen"'s SLD online journal, it seems that she lost weight even when she ate a lot or "badly". Is the root of the diet's success in appetite suppression or in the "trick" of the oil?

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    From what little I saw on the blog and forum people generally are able to eat less because they are not as hungry when they do eat. They get full on less food. Some say it restored a better relationship with food. Some people say it did not work though, kind of like they do here.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 215 x 3