Page 139 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 139

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Calee, I have found that when I go off my SLD and eat stoopid stuff and on top of that stop the oil for a couple of days, I get a headache for a day or so. It almost feels like a hangover. Now, I am only speaking of the theory I came up with. Have you eaten a lot less? It's similar to when I did my first W30.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

calee is offline Senior Member
    OG, my eating has been a bit whacked the last few days. Mostly just a bit of wheat. Everything else the same. I think I've eaten about the same amount. After taking 1T of coconut oil this morning, I developed a headache and got very tired for no apparent reason. Yes, it felt like a hangover! I have not had alcohol since before May 1st. It took into the afternoon to reclaim my energy.

I guess there would be no downside to experiencing this tiredness at nite. I'm taking some coconut oil with me on my trip tomorrow. I will do an evening dose unless I get a Reaction tonight.

Thanks for helping me. How are you doing!

Calee, I had a few days off SLD. Yesterday, I got back on track. I didn't want to spend two days in the bathroom, so I did mostly ELOO with a smidge of MCT. Then today, I went to straight MTC. Blurgh. Not good. Many trips to the bathroom and I feel week. Tomorrow, I will go to straight ELOO.

Oh, that is another thing. CO is 93% MTC. Maybe you are reacting to that.

With MCT I am in the bathroom All.Day.Long. It's violent. I think I have read that people get used to the MCT. They get a tolerance to it. ARG. I don't think a business trip is. Great place to experiment. Definitely no MCT for me.

No Calee, living in the bathroom on a trip of any kind would be sucky...and CO is mostly MTC. You saw that right? I am thinking you should take some ELOO with you and back off the other stuff until you get back. Violent is a good word for it. AND..I wish I had a gatorade of all things. I may have a mug of broth and add some salt.

I slept just fine after an evening shot of coconut oil. I did however wake with a touch of a headache. I'm willing to keep trying to see if I adjust to it.

I was fine after my nice salty broth last night. I had half ELOO & half MTC and feel fine. Phew! I had a delightful bowl of Clothes Make The Girl's silky zucchini soup with caramelized onions and mushrooms and some wonderful fruit. So good and no tummy troubles.

I ended up with a bit of tummy distress on Sunday and decided to leave the oil at home. I will delve into the experiment and give it an honest go of it on Thursday.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Hi girls,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Still doing SLD.

Had a couple of rough days whereupon I basically ate an
    entire package of cookies, and the next day while everything
    was primal, I ate LOTS, but hopefully ovulation is over now
    and the stupid hunger that goes along with it.

So stupid I get this TWICE a month, instead of just ONCE with
    regular ol' PMS.

Still bloated from it too, which is rather disconcerting, but, whatever.

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Catch you back on Thursday, Lee.

Seems cycle day 18 is the best day of the month for me to weigh, so I'll weigh
    in that day and see if anything has changed.

I guess that means Wednesday.

Let's see if I can be good until then. Sigh.

Stupid hormones.

Julia

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing a Whole30, and took 2T of oil Sat. a.m.
    But I havent felt the need for oil shots, as my hunger seems under control - I dont usually feel real hungry in the morning right away, so I skip the time I would normally take an oil shot, and just eat breakfast (which is a reasonable amount of food, and I'm stuffed for hours).
    Maybe its because I have been sticking to the Whole30 program so well this time, and my body feels nourished? Whatever, its nice to have the oil-shot option in my arsenal of dietary hacks...but nicer not to need it.
    Cool!