Page 138 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 138

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Friday Joke..
    A guy calls a company and orders their 5-day, 10 lb. weight loss program.

The next day, there's a knock on the door and there stands before him a voluptuous, athletic, 19 year old babe dressed in nothing but a pair of Nike running shoes and a sign around her neck. She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company. The sign reads, "If you can catch me, you can have me."

Without a second thought, he takes off after her. A few miles later huffing and puffing, he finally gives up. The same girl shows up for the next four days and the same thing happens. On the fifth day, he weighs himself and is delighted to find he has lost 10 lbs. as promised.

He calls the company and orders their 5-day/20 pound program. The next day there's a knock at the door and there stands the most stunning, beautiful, sexy woman he has ever seen in his life. She is wearing nothing but Reebok running shoes and a sign around her neck that reads, "If you catch me you can have me". Well, he's out the door after her like a shot. This girl is in excellent shape and he does his best, but no such luck. So for the next four days, the same routine happens with him gradually getting in better and better shape.

Much to his delight on the fifth day when he weighs himself, he discovers that he has lost another 20 lbs. as promised. He decides to go for broke and calls the company to order the 7-day/50 pound program

"Are you sure?" asks the representative on the phone. "This is our most rigorous program."

"Absolutely," he replies, "I haven't felt this good in years."

The next day there's a knock at the door; and when he opens it he finds a huge muscular guy standing there wearing nothing but pink running shoes and a sign around his neck that reads, "If I catch you, your ass is mine."

He lost 63 pounds that week

calee is online now Senior Member
    Hotmail, thanks for making me laugh. I'm sitting here with my first cup of decaf for the day, actually smiling. Great start to the day.

It's Friday! Food packed, pedi appointment after work, then home to clean up around here and pack for my business trip so that I have time to play all weekend before flight late Sunday afternoon.

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Happy Friday morning SLD'ers!

Hotmail - Love it! Before SLD I was thinking I needed to order a program like that

Julia - I am super jealous of all the walking you get in. I am stuck at a desk 8 hrs a day. A few months back I got a standing desk which has been awesome. So much better than sitting, but still not walking.

I should get a crap load of walking in the next week (I hope). Tomorrow morning I leave for Sturgis, SD. Exciting destination, I know! Boyfriend goes to the bike rally every year, so off we go. Plan on doing a lot of sightseeing around the state too. Hoping to get some hikes in around the badlands and black hills. AND...I'm bring my oil with! Hoping for continued AS even while on vacation, especially since I imagine I will be having a few (or a lot) of beers!

As for today, I am down another 1/2 lb (total of 2 lbs since Tues)! I'm wondering if the AS is almost too strong. I can only take a couple bites of food when I think I am hungry and it's hard to swallow. This morning I even had a hard time finishing my coffee which is so weird. I'm not complaining, I've ate too much for years, so this is a nice change

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Hotmail, good one. Fun to wake up to a Friday joke.

Calee, enjoy your pedi and your weekend.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Staci..I was that way too. It seems to have leveled out for me. I am eating once a day at times and other days, twice a day. I am considering dropping my oil amount but not ready quite yet.

Last edited by oceangrl; 08-03-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Good morning,

I've been really half hearted about the oil shots. I'm not sure why but I want to commit to really giving it a try. I'm leaving on a business trip tomorrow night, returning Wednesday night. I think I will pack a small bottle of oil in my suitcase and do one shot daily. On Thursday I will follow the plan as written and start getting in 3 shots a day to really give it a fair chance of working for me.

I will definitely keep reading while away for Inspiration. Maybe if I do 2 shots today and tomorrow and get some AS, I'll be more eager.

Have a fun weekend everyone!

Calee, when the AS kicked in, that is when I really fell in love with the concept. I simply was eating too much for my age, size and activity. I kept my set point higher than it should be by doing that.

janie is offline Senior Member
    I've been a bit off track for several days but was surprised that my appetite did not come roaring back but remained subdued. Back to my oil shot this AM.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Calee, when the AS kicked in, that is when I really fell in love with the concept. I simply was eating too much for my age, size and activity. I kept my set point higher than it should be by doing that.

This morning I tried a coconut oil shot. I warmed it to fluid. It was better than avocado oil. I will see if I have any negative reactions.

I would love AS to not crave stoopid crap. I found it much easier to be on strict W75 because there were no stooopid possibilities. I'm really craving bread more than anything else. Only good artisan sourdough organic bakery bread. I don't eat much, just a small roll 2x in the last few weeks but I'm starting to think about it. That's the crap that puts weight on me and I want to get down into the 130's. My body has a lot of fluff to let go of.

I'm 62, 5'4", 144. When I put my food into Myfitnesspal I come to around 1200 -1400 calories. I gain at 1300-1400 calories. Even with thyroid meds, my metabolism appears to be slow. But my energy is good.

Have any of you gotten a headache from coconut oil?