Page 137 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 137

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yes Janie and Julia, I am going to explore the new shoes and inserts. I have been walking an hour a day..although not at all since this big toe joint pain. My shoes are way too old. They are much better after these days of rest so that tells me it's shoes..cuz I want it to be shoes.

Holy crap Julia..that is like ten miles a day. How long does ten miles take you?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Well I don't walk it all at once or anything.

It's all my steps accumulated throughout the day.

Usually 5 to 7 of the miles are dedicated miles from my dog walking job, walking the neighborhood
    with the kids, or going for an hour walk by myself, and the rest is from just doing stuff around the house
    or around the yard and such.

But generally I walk a 15 minute mile, and a 20min mile when I'm walking my dog job because
    he likes to stop and sniff.

Walks with him are mostly 1.5hrs.

I wear a FitBit, so every step counts.

Today I got on the treadmill for 73 minutes while talking to my mother. zzZzzzzZZzzzzz

I was only going 2.5mph (so the noise factor would be low and she wouldn't know I was on it!),
    but it was better than nothing!

And like now, my husband is home, so I'm thinking about going for a walk... Walking makes me
    EXTREMELY happy (it's the little things, right?). Don't know why. Even when I'm being a total bitch,
    Mike says to me "wow, how about you go for a walk?" HAR!

My stupid knee hurts in shoes though, so I'm going to put on the Vibrams and see how far I can get
    before "hot foot" sets in.

They were great on the treadmill today, but the treadmill is way softer than the sidewalk, so we'll see.

So, there's a super duper long winded answer to your question, with way more idle rhetoric than you
    asked for.

It's what I *do*. Why I get paid the big bucks.

Julia

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    OH!

And I never put the inserts in the shoes until they start to bug me.

Only then do the inserts make the shoes last a couple more months.

If you put them in new shoes, it's just money wasted overkill.

Oh good idea on inserts down the road. New shoes are in order. I should at least toss the older 2 pair. I like to rotate so I hang on to them too long.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Julia, I'll look at the Mac Oil. I have been using the non GMO 100% Avocado Oil from Costco. $9+ for a huge bottle. I'm going to steer clear of the CO as I do think that coconut isn't great for my particular body.

Wasn't as hungry today so that's good. Pilates Reformer class about killer me tonight. My hips are still sore from Tuesday night class.

I'm loving wide zoodles cooked in a combo of red palm and homemade ghee. I did notice yesterday that Trader Joes now has Bottled Ghee over in the EVOO section for $3.99. Great price compared toWhole Foods where I bought my last jar. Homemade from Kerrygold tastes better though.

OG I hope it's your shoes. That's an easier fix than a nutritional fix.

Stacy you progress is great!

Primal mom, I hope the armor helps. I'm on some other kind. Still can't lose worth crap but my energy has been lots better these three years tht I've been taking it. Now I run at the low end of acceptable instead of at the very top end. It took me years to convince my primary doc.

I have orthotics that I put into my hiking shoes. Then I always have new daily Brooks. Once the daily start to look a bit ragged, I turn them into my hikers for walking in the woods. I had major ankle surgery in 2008 and my surgeon told me that brooks are the only shoes with enough support for me. I was a lot fluffier then but even now I love that level of support. Just hate thev$120 of $130 tag on them so I keep them too long. I'm going to go search forthe cheapest ones and order a new pair.

Julia, when I was unemployed for 11 months I walked and hiked all day. I wish you lived closer. Nobody wants to walk as much as I'd like. Then again, now I'm working and doing 3-4 reformer classes a week so it all cuts into walking time. I'm hoping for a long Pt. Reyes walk on Saturday.

Calee, Costco carries avo oil? I have GOT to slow down when I go down that aisle. I've always wanted to make mayo with it.

Nothing beats homemade ghee in my opinion. I love how my apt smells while it's in the oven. Confession..when I am not on a W30, I always take a nibble of the browned milk solids left in the cheesecloth.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Calee, Costco carries avo oil? I have GOT to slow down when I go down that aisle. I've always wanted to make mayo with it.

Nothing beats homemade ghee in my opinion. I love how my apt smells while it's in the oven. Confession..when I am not on a W30, I always take a nibble of the browned milk solids left in the cheesecloth.

Yup, a quart for just under $10. I use it for mayo. I'm in Northern California where they started carrying it this year.

I taste the solids too when not W.

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Yup, a quart for just under $10. I use it for mayo. I'm in Northern California where they started carrying it this year.

I taste the solids too when not W.
    Did you know Nancy on the W30 forums. She was a 76 yo firecracker. She was so excited when she made ghee for the first time. Then she said she sprinkled "the good brown stuff" on her veggies. She had no idea what it was. We all had a good laugh.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hah! That's very funny about Nancy. I didn't start Paleo until May 2013. I don't know Nancy.