Page 135 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 135

gempdx44 is offline Member
    Hi everyone,

Just checking in. Had early morning coffee then took my CO shot at 9am. Got hungrier earlier than yesterday, so I ate a Zing nutrition bar (about 200 cals) and about 10 almonds that I had in my desk at 11am. This held me until 1pm, when I had a big ass salad with about 5-6 ounces of grilled chicken thigh. Had my second CO shot at 3pm. A little after 4pm I plan to eat a cup of raw strawberries, as I have Bikram Yoga at 5 - 6:30 and I tend to get a little woozy if I don't have something light in my stomach.

I won't eat dinner until 7:30 or so, as I'm going out with the husband so not sure what that will be yet. I am going to lobby for Vietnamese - healthy and tasty!

I must say, the CO is helping me with staying more satisfied between meals. I am not obsessing over my next meal like I always have. I should probably track my calories/macros again but I did that for so long with no results, that I am taking a little break.
    Last edited by gempdx44; 07-30-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: typo
    "For the great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie—deliberate, contrived, and dishonest—but the myth—persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic ... we enjoy the comfort of opinions without the discomfort of thought."
    ---John F. Kennedy

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Ugg..do we know what gout is? I am in a ton of pain in the top of my foot.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    My husband has it in his elbow right now.

It's a GREAT TIME, and completely apropos of NOTHING, no matter WHAT
    anyone says.

Fructose: NO

Beer: NO

Red Meat: NO

It's the Colic of Adults, swear to the g-man.

If that's what you really have, I hope it goes away soon!

Usually takes about a week completely.

Julia

calee is offline Senior Member
    Oh golly, I hope it's not gout! I hope you can nip it in the bud if that's what it is.

I forgot to take oil today. DUH! What was I thinking. Interestingly enough, I was less hungry today than I was yesterday when I had 2T of oil.

I will go put the bottle on the counter for morning.

I went to Trader Joes today. They don't carry ELOO, just the virgin stuff.

Derval is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Oceangirl, that's me from over yonder. Are you over there? Do I know you? That would be great if Derval came over to play!

I can't believe I bought a quart of MCT. I guess it's instant relief from constipation. The Avocado oil is tasteless and goes down easy.

I went to the market for Palm Oil. Do you think it would be good on zoodles, or do I need to put it on meat?
    Did I hear my name? Hi C & S
    Very interested & having a read, not sure I quite get it yet....could someone run me through how a typical day would look?

Quote Originally Posted by Derval View Post
    Very interested & having a read, not sure I quite get it yet....could someone run me through how a typical day would look?
    Oh yay..Derv is here. Just sent you my typical day on FB. It seems everyone finds their own schedule that works.

Ooo..I do eat a lot of red meat. Rarely fructose. Never beer. Maybe twice a year. It seems I have ditched my veggies since I have been doing SLD. I just don't know what else would make the tops of my feet ache. Both of them. I remember my friend Piper's Dad had gout. He was the king of bacon. In fact, he fried his chicken in bacon fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Derval View Post
    Very interested & having a read
    YAY! Let the party begin!

I'm still figuring it out and reading the book so I don't have a routine down yet. But I'm trying to get in a morning hot and last night had my first evening shot. I haven't found a sweet spot with AS yet but I hope it's coming. Others are having great success. I think that coming off my W75 I fell some sort of reluctance to down the oil. I have to really commit.

Oh golly, chicken fried in bacon fat. I love bacon burns have missed it. Haven't been willing to order from Wellness so have been abstaining. I'm going out t o buy bacon today.

OG, I've had to make a big effort this week to keep veggies on my plate. Have you been doing new yoga moves that strain the tops of your feet?

I am happy to report that 1 of the 1.5 pounds that suddenly showed up has left.

After my horrific response to MCT I think I am still afraid even using other oils. I haven't responded poorly to avocado oil so I need to just get over that fear. My evening shot caused no problems last night and I slept great.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Ugg..do we know what gout is? I am in a ton of pain in the top of my foot.

I'm not sure if this works - but maybe worth a shot.... Try drinking baking soda mixed with water a few times a day. The baking soda is supposed to reduce acid in the body, which gout is caused by uric acid. Google baking soda and gout to get more info.

In other news...

I am down another pound! 3 lbs in less than 2.5 weeks! In the last year I have only averaged 2 lbs a month at most. And this after 4 days off oil.

I used olive oil (OO) instead of CO since it was all I had on hand. I don't care for the texture as much, but much easier to not taste it! Yesterday I did a OO shot at 10am, 30-min spin class at noon. 4 eggs at 1:30. OO shot at 3pm, small (very small) spinach salad at 5:30, 2 slices of bacon at 7pm (all I could eat and that was even tough to get down), hour of weight lifting at 8pm, and another oil shot at 9:30pm. I WAS NOT HUNGRY ALL DAY (besides after spin class when I ate 4 eggs). Also full of energy all day. Did not sit down from time I got home from work a little after 5, until I went to bed at 11:30.

Stomach grumbling a bit this morning. I finished my coffee about an hour ago so going to have my first OO shot now. Hopefully that will tide me over until 1:30 when I eat after my first workout today!