Page 132 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 132

gempdx44 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in ages, but I've been reading this thread with great interest. A bit of history, last year I went from 160 to 150 pounds through a combo of diet (Paleo + calorie restriction) and exercise (weights, running, HIIT). Despite sticking with the program, I put the 10 pounds back on. I've tried a number of things to get below 150 (eat more, eat less) but the scale JUST WON'T BUDGE. And I'm not trying to get unreasonably tiny either - I am 5'4" and large frame so 140 pounds looks really good on me (size 4).

I recently started doing Bikram and am seeing some subtle, yet encouraging changes to my appearance, but I still struggle with appetite.

After reading this thread I decided to give it a go. I have had my two coconut oil shots today. The first was around 8am and I didn't eat breakfast. Although I was hungry by noon, it was WAY less painful than when I was trying to IF. In fact, I could have post-poned eating until 1pm if I had to, but I had a meeting so chose to eat at noon. I just took another shot of CO as I normally get really hungry mid-afternoon and I have to say that even though it was just ~100 calories of oil, I feel like I had a snack!

I forgot to weigh myself this morning but will do so tomorrow. So far, I am really liking the appetite suppressing qualities of this - I still get hungry, but it's not the I must eat all the things now kind of hunger that I usually get.

Thanks for posting your story, heatseeker, super inspiring as we seem to have a similar issue with set point.
    "For the great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie—deliberate, contrived, and dishonest—but the myth—persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic ... we enjoy the comfort of opinions without the discomfort of thought."
    ---John F. Kennedy

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Good luck Gem!

You MUST keep us posted on every.single.development.

Julia

calee is online now Senior Member
    I'm hungry! I feel like I could eat my arm today. I had two oil shots this morning and ZERO AS all day. What the heck is up with that? I ate more carbs than usual so skinnied them down today in case they were aggravating my hunger. Maybe I was skimpy on breakfast protein.

I too really need to eat protein 3x a day. When I don't get enough, I'm hungry. I was hoping I might need less with the oil shots.

Oceangal, I didn't figure you to be old enough for a 28 year old! Did you say you found ELOO at Costco? I didn't look there. Maybe I need to go out there.

Welcome gemp. Please do report details. We are all so curious. We are the same height, but I don't think I would come close to a 4 at 140.

Julia, hug those boys. I truly can't believe how quickly they grow up. Just alarming!

Hotmail, those prices you have to pay for oil are steep!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Welcome gem. Do keep us updated.
    Calee..yes I am old. Cute..but old. For me..some days are just hungry. I hate it, but it is true.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

gempdx44 is offline Member
    Thanks for the welcome everyone! I will definitely weigh myself tomorrow morning, report on that and my progress with SLD as well.

It is 4:45pm my time and I am still not starving, and this is after having only chicken thighs and salad for lunch.

Hmmmm, something is definitely going on!
    "For the great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie—deliberate, contrived, and dishonest—but the myth—persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic ... we enjoy the comfort of opinions without the discomfort of thought."
    ---John F. Kennedy

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    I'm on day 2 and had no AS at all today...usually I IF until 1ish but today, I ran home after the gym to eat before getting the kids at 12...then had a late afternoon snack and then a normal dinner but never felt sated so kept having more fat (1 oz mac nuts, 2 squares of dark chocolate...finally 2 tbs of butter did the trick)...unfortunately clocked in at almost twice the calories (including oil)...of my first day, it was not because I had AS but was at a baseball game and even though I wanted something after my brown bag lunch, there was nothing acceptable at the stadium and then we got stuck in bad traffic so dinner was delayed till 7 so I ran out of time to eat too many calories...

1. What oil seems to work the best/fastest...I have ELOO and refined CO...the first day I used ELOO and the 2nd day CO...or should I mix it up to get the benefits of each or stick with one for a while then switch?

2. I've been taking my first shot at 8 am and the last shot around 7-8 p.m....maybe I should rethink this? What do most people do?

3. Any other suggestions

janie is offline Senior Member
    A big welcome from me too, Gem. Keep us updated.

aprimalmomma: it took about a week for the AS to really click in for me. I felt like it kinda/sorta worked in the beginning, but then it got much better.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Welcome gem. Do keep us updated.
    Calee..yes I am old. Cute..but old. For me..some days are just hungry. I hate it, but it is true.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with hungry days!

Hah! You're not old. My baby is 39 and I'm not old.

Primal momma, I'm new at this so don't really have much to add. I've been using avocado oil. The first few days I had goodcAS. Yesterday and today, very little AS. That's on 2T of oil in the morning. I am going to try an evening shot to see if I can get a buildup into my system. I'm going to trust in what Janie says about it taking a week to really get AS.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Barb I cannot see any of your attachments.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2