Page 131 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 131

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Janie, yes smoothies do not satisfy me, but they are tasty, nowadays if I have a smoothie or a shake, I add greek yogurt I find that really satisfiying.

I've been eating a decent amount of food today, nothing too bad, a friend of mine just moved jobs and she is working in the building close to mine, so we went out for lunch and had Beef Pho with the rice noodles, which I love. Not sure how many calories in it, but I find it satisfying.

Other food that makes me really satisfied apart from meat/eggs and greek yogurt is raw almonds, and because its raw, I hardly ever eat more than a handful. Oh and a good slice of mature chadder, that also gives me AS.

Think I really should switch my oil though, I should get something healthier than Olive oil, but as I said before, I don't trust the refined CO in the Asian shops, and the one in the health stores are EV with a lot of flavor... the MCT here even on amazon is double the price it is in the US, don't want to buy one then realise it wont work for me!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Think I really should switch my oil though, I should get something healthier than Olive oil, but as I said before, I don't trust the refined CO in the Asian shops, and the one in the health stores are EV with a lot of flavor... the MCT here even on amazon is double the price it is in the US, don't want to buy one then realise it wont work for me!
    I don't blame you for being hesitant with those prices. Why do you feel olive oil is unhealthy?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

msjameyers is offline Junior Member
    No AS yet for me yet...ran home after dropping kids at camp and made 3 eggs scrambled with 1tbs of ghee...then decided to make some ghee for my mom and preceded to skim off all the foam that formed and eat it while it was cooking so i guess the dairy free month is out the window...maybe I'll amend it to just no cheese and keep in gf butter and hc...

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, this summer is the first summer that I've actually loved all the way
    through.

Usually I can't WAIT for the little buggers to get back to school, but this summer
    is only 64 days, and with my eldest starting 6th grade, here comes the point
    in which everyone said would "go by so fast".

It's finally starting and I'm anxious about it!

I'd like for my 8yo to get older, as he's the biggest POW on the planet, but the
    11yo needs to STOP.NOW.

I just hate it when they say they're bored. Seriously. We have a pool, with a slide and a
    diving board. We live at the BOTTOM of a court. A 12 house court, it's DEEP. They have
    go karts, electric scooters, bikes, razor scooters, rollerblades, bb-guns - you name it,
    THEY HAVE IT. But, they're "bored". Please.

My requirement as a child was to leave the house at 9 and my mother didn't want to see
    me until 5. Done.

Course, that was a different time and all. I really don't want either of my kids going off the
    court. Kinda helicopter mom that way.... I'll get over it someday I guess. Like when they're
    teenagers and I ask them to go play in the freeway!

Anyway, SLD - shishkabobs were great, but man, my stomach HATES bell peppers. Was up all
    night visiting the bathroom. NOT BARFING if you catch my drift. Couldn't care less though. Will
    eat them with wild abandon today as well and suffer the consequences. GET OVER IT, INTESTINES!

Yesterday was a great SLD day - two shots of oil, bacon, coffee and about 200g of chicken and
    steak. 1200 cals and ZERO hunger.

*DID* go for a night walk with Mr. 11 from 10pm to 11pm, got in 21k steps total for the day.

Gonna try for that or more again today. So thrilled the knee is better. It's like getting a present! HA!

So far today I've had coffee and an oil shot.

I've got some hard boiled eggs on the menu and probably more shishkabobs for dinner... We'll see if
    I get hungry for anything else. Last night I was so full I didn't even want the chocolate chips.. which is
    really, REALLY weird.

Carry on peeps!

Julia

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I don't blame you for being hesitant with those prices. Why do you feel olive oil is unhealthy?

I suppose the idea if its not animal fat its no good has been drilled into me (exception for CO as its sat fat as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    I suppose the idea if its not animal fat its no good has been drilled into me (exception for CO as its sat fat as well)
    Oh got it. I do all of my cooking with sat fats from FatWorks. Beef tallow, duck fat and leaf lard as soon as I pick it up. My shots are all ELOO or MTC or my liquid CO. I think you are fine with your OO if it's working...IMHO.

janie is offline Senior Member
    I'd agree that the ELOO is fine and is working for me. I did, however, have to read a few labels b/c a few at my grocery store had the additional of canola to "lighten" it. The one I bought was 100% ELOO. I do not consider a few MUFAs to be a bad thing....I mean, most of us consider nuts, avocados, pesto, olives, etc. to be ok in reasonable amounts.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I'd agree that the ELOO is fine and is working for me. I did, however, have to read a few labels b/c a few at my grocery store had the additional of canola to "lighten" it. The one I bought was 100% ELOO. I do not consider a few MUFAs to be a bad thing....I mean, most of us consider nuts, avocados, pesto, olives, etc. to be ok in reasonable amounts.
    Oh my..I buy mine at Costco and it is labeled 100% oo. I don't eat nuts or olives. I do eat my fair share of avocados though.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was really surprised when I saw those labels. But then again, most people don't read labels, and many that do would not be offended by the canola as the CW nutritionists push it as "healthy". I became a label reader sev'l years ago and have avoided a lot of crap as a result.

The MCT finally arrived and I've been adding a tsp to my morning dose of ELOO. So far, my tummy has not complained.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!