Page 130 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 130

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Calee I do 3 TBS a day. One an hour after coffee. One around 3pm and one before bed.

The cheese I bought was KG limited edition cheddar. My eyes are still itching.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

janie is offline Senior Member
    Anyone have thoughts about or targets for % of macros while doing SLD (probably not counting the shots)? I ask b/c I've always been a bit lax on getting adequate protein so must watch myself with that. Thought about it earlier and looked at the past few days and realized I probably need to eat a bit more protein.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

I come from W30 land, so I eat protein with every meal. Janie, do you not like protein?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I'm here!

Back on oil today and zero Stupid Shit.

Yesterday was good too, but it wasn't an SLD day, so I didn't bother typing
    up my incredibly boring menu.

Probably won't anyway. Just have to grow a pair and not eat the SS.

Will probably weigh tomorrow to get my "actual baseline" and go from there.

Today I've had my coffee, 8 pieces of bacon and two oil shots.

Steak and chicken are still marinating in their shishkabob slop and will be
    tonight's dinner!

Probably no more oil today because I'm still not hungry from the aforementioned
    at 12pm.

Stupid knee has been 100% yesterday and today (knock on wood) so I can get
    back to WALKING.

Totally fired up and the pity party is OVAH.

And, might as well keep this thread right where it is, no need to fix what ain't broke.

Julia Goolia

I like it, but when I don't track, my natural intake is a bit low on protein. Since I was keeping carbs low, I was eating higher fat. When I started lifting, I made a point to eat more protein, as I do want to build more muscle. But it suddenly dawned on me that I might really have to keep aware of that doing SLD as my calorie intake has dropped. Thus, I was wondering what % of calories others normally get of protein, fat & carbs. After reading the Lyle McDonald link that Canuck posted, I was reminded again that I might be shorting myself on protein if I want to be able to build muscle.
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Glad you are back on board, Julia.

We won't find your menus boring and I encourage you to post them if that will help keep you away from the SS.

It sounds as though you quite easily got yourself back in the SLD game. I'm glad your knee is better. I've had my share of knee problems, so I can sympathize. When they act up, it really keeps you from doing the simplest things!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Janie.

Yeah, it was minor, but man, what a pain in the ass.

Especially during the summer with 8 & 11 breathing down my neck: "WHAT ARE WE
    DOING TODAY?!?!?!"

Yeah, how about nothing. Go play with your 10 million dollars worth of ride on toys
    and have fun with that!

Hoping to get over 20K steps today. Sitting at 12K right now, and a night walk with
    Mr. 11 is in my future... so that'll be good.

Still sitting with the bacon, oil and coffee, though I sneaked a couple more
    pieces of bacon, bringing the grand total up to ten. HA!

Just loaded up all the *^&%! skewers with chicken and beef shishkabobs.

Mother has made WAY TOO MANY. Holy lord. You'd think I'd grown up during
    the depression or something with the way my portions of food are made. Always
    been like this too. Dunno why.

Ah well, at least it sets me up to eat it ALL WEEK LONG and not grab something lame
    instead.

Going to limit my Stupid Shit to about 30g of chocolate chips a night, IF I want them, if
    not, then not.

These shishkabobs are super tasty. Marinated for over 24hrs, and each piece of meat is
    put between a hammock of onion. My husband calls them little onion sandwiches. In between
    the onion and the next thing there are bell peppers and mushrooms.

Can't wait to eat them!

Hoping to keep my protein around 92g a day. I know that's how much LBM I have.. or at least
    I did two years ago after my DEXA, so I'll stick with that.

Okie dokie, that's it for now. Bored. May have to go pull someone's hair for fun.

Julia

Julia lol. My daughter is 28, but I SO remember the love/hate I had with summer. What..I have to amuse you! Fine..but what about me!!

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    I haven't had oil for a couple of days now, after a strange extra ravenous few days, I decided to go back to what really caused me AS in the past, mainly tons of protein, not fat on its own, and very little starch, I know so many people say fat makes them so satisfied, and so many say starch/potatoes fill them up so much, but not with me, no idea why, I just have this hole in my stomach that wont be filled except with high amount of protein!!

So been having a lot of protein to gain control, like Julia I became ravenous for bad stuff last week even though I was taking the oil, the HIIt didn't help, but at the weekend I regained control by no exercising (about from some core/Abs exercise) and getting a lot of protein, however, I don’t want to be too much on the VLC side, so am adding Greek yoghurt, lots of veg as well, I think I will keep my carbs around the 50gm a day.

The curious thing is I too didn't feel I gained any weight from ingesting all the bad stuff!! my clothes fits fine, no bloat, which is good, this is something I wanted to happen actually, I was so fed up when I was VLC/ZC, any derailing - even unknowingly with hidden ingredients will cause my weight to bounce like 5lb or 10lbs I'd be so bloated my clothes wont fit me, so its good to feel I can get away with a few days off the wagon!

So I think lots of protein + oil dose should do the trick, will report back…. If this didn’t work, I will experiment with changing the oil and report back.

Julia/Oceangrl - I got a good laugh out of the kids and summer conversation. I used to be praying for school to start at about mid-July. They were bored and making me crazy. Like I had nothing else to do but figure out what might entertain them. Funny, but I can't remember that ever being an issue when I was a kid - we simply went outside and played!

The shishkabobs sound tasty. Since I want to make sure I eat adequate protein, cooking in bulk might be the best idea. When I made oceangrl's Togo chicken, we had it for sev'l days and I had less kitchen work.

Hotmail - your plan sounds good. I know a number of others who also say they don't truly feel full w/o a good protein intake. I know I need solid food - I made a smoothie w/almond milk and protein powder yesterday and was hungry in no time. Not doing that again soon. For breakfast this AM I had steak and eggs, and last night put in a new order w/Wellness.