Page 126 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 126

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by SavedbyKate View Post
    thanks. I use coconut oil regularly in cooking without any issues. It was weird though - it wasn't really about my stomach - it was more like a heartburn kind of feeling. I have "light tasting" olive oil. I will try that tomorrow.
    Same here. I use it all the time, but taking it straight definitely did me in for a couple of days. I still get gurggles every once in a while. Mine isn't heartburn though.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

janie is offline Senior Member
    Hade to report back that the Togo chicken was delicious. Also those onions. Served it w/some grilled squash as my CSA has bestowed an abundance on us. Thanks for the recipe, Oceangrl.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Janie, glad you liked it. Love the onions.

The bone broth saves me from making bad choices. Always has. With Albertsons literally across the parking lot from me, there are many dangers close by. :0)

Now come back to this friendly and supportive cave where there is no arguing or engaging in endless debates..for Peats sakes. <<see what I did there?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I'm still alive!

LadyTime hit, and along with it came a 2 day pity party of candy and Stupid Shit.

My dumb knee still isn't 100%, so I'm dragging my dick in the dirt because it's depressing
    that I haven't been able to walk my 20K steps a day for over a week and a half now.

One day it felt GREAT, so I did all I can, next day, fine, then that night, blamo, back to
    the sniper shots. Whatever.

I thought my debauchery would put me up in poundage, and I didn't take any oil
    those days because, well, shit, when you're eating copious amounts of candy, who
    cares, but I only went up from 120lbs to 122... which I could get off by blinking if
    I wanted too. So maybe I didn't eat as much Stupid Shit as I thought.. but still, I think
    I should be up TEN pounds with the troughs *I* ate. Har!

LadyTime is almost over, so back to the oil today. Been doing half MCT and half CO just
    for the heck of it.

All righty, off to mope around.

At least I got my hallway floor all done..... 2nd coat of poly went on today and tomorrow I'll
    do the third coat.... then I'll be done. So at least I've done sommmmmething. Sigh.

Jooooolia

p.s. and I've really been craving wine like there's no tomorrow. srsly had to white
    knuckle it last night

jesus

Julia good to see you. 2 lbs up? You are one good poop from being back to 120. Snap!! :0)

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Janie, glad you liked it. Love the onions.

The bone broth saves me from making bad choices. Always has. With Albertsons literally across the parking lot from me, there are many dangers close by. :0)

Now come back to this friendly and supportive cave where there is no arguing or engaging in endless debates..for Peats sakes. <<see what I did there?

Yes, husband loved the onions!

LOL, and yes, I should know better than to argue with the disciples.

Julia: so glad you are back. I was imagining you working on those floors, which I know is a horrid job, having done some myself. Up 2 lbs? Nothing, as you said.

I think this may be clicking in for me as I had a relatively small dinner (well, compared to usual) and I feel completely stuffed.
    Far healthier!

Janie it is kicking in. I can easily eat 2 chicken thighs when I like the recipe and usually snack on one more late at night. I have only had one chicken thigh or 1/2 a steak and no snacking. Love it.

You are so right that it is finally clicking in...and I can now see what many of you were raving about! Just also did my gym workout w/no trouble and am nearly back to my low.
    Far healthier!

Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    You are so right that it is finally clicking in...and I can now see what many of you were raving about! Just also did my gym workout w/no trouble and am nearly back to my low.
    Hooray!! I had an unexpected benefit last night. Kind of a funny one. I had gone to bed and was reading. I got up to see if my cherry tomatoes in my dehydrator were ready. Walking back through my kitchen, I almost grabbed a chicken thigh to knaw on. This night foraging is a flaw that I have to really watch. I realized if I ate it, I would have to wait a full hour before I could have my last shot and I wanted to go to sleep. I shut my fridge, gulped my shot and went to bed.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's cool! I'm going to add the evening shot tonight for the first time, as I do wake up hungry. Before trying this I had gotten myself in a pattern of early morning writing and just having coffee, so toning down the morning hunger will be supportive of my keeping to that schedule.
    Far healthier!