Page 125 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 125

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Stacy, isn't it weird how AS can be non existant one day and strong the next? I wish I knew what the secret formula was. I think the amount of exersize has something to do with it at times, but not always.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Stacy, isn't it weird how AS can be non existant one day and strong the next? I wish I knew what the secret formula was. I think the amount of exersize has something to do with it at times, but not always.

Seems like every other day strong AS for me so far. I workout 1-2 hours everyday, so my body might just need a bit more after working on less. Almost like it's tuning me into my hunger better. All in all, over the course of a week I am eating less!

janie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I tried the "egg yolk" coffee this morning. I did 1 TBS ghee, 1 TBS MTC and 2 egg yolks. Oh my..what a delicious treat on occasion. Figured I would be full until late afternoon, but my stomach was growling 2 hours later. I think there must be an AS benefit to having the oil alone for sure. I went on a 60 minute walk and dove into laundry to distract myself. Grr..

Janie glad your AS is better today. How was your Togo chicken? I love that name.

Where is Julia Goolia these days?

Missing Julia as well!

Cooking the Togo chicken tonight.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    Seems like every other day strong AS for me so far. I workout 1-2 hours everyday, so my body might just need a bit more after working on less. Almost like it's tuning me into my hunger better. All in all, over the course of a week I am eating less!
    Yes, I am not at all concerned about the variations. All in all, I am eating way less.

ETA: My bone broth gets me nicely over cravings or the hungries. I made two crockpots full so I am well stocked.

Bone broth. I've got a stock of that in the freezer too. I made beef from grass fed pieces from the Amish farmer I deal with. Chicken too. I was kind of taken back when the chickens arrive with their feet and head stuffed into the body cavity, but both made great broth. I think I'll defrost some and have it instead of tea through the day.
    Far healthier!

SavedbyKate is offline Junior Member
    I think I would easily lose weight if I continued with this. Because for hours after taking 1 tbsp coconut oil I had this awful heartburn/nausea/bad aftertaste feeling. I drank lots of water but it didn't help. I forced myself to eat something about 4 hours later and it helped a bit but overall I have felt lousy all 3 days I have tried this.
    would it help to try a different oil, to take the oil differently etc?

I found (sadly) that the coconut oil did not work for me. It was nearly impossible to avoid the scent & flavor (which are key elements of the plan), and gave me some intestinal distress. What has worked for me is Light Olive Oil (no odor, no flavor) and I found one that is, in fact, 100% olive w/o some nasty canola slid in. I also have some refined walnut oil (recommended in the book)that I got at the health store, but it doesn't seem to work as well for me as the olive. I've ordered some MCT (no odor, no flavor)which should arrive later today, and I plan to experiment with it in tiny doses as others have had intestinal distress w/a full tblsp.
    Far healthier!

Oh, this Togo chicken is smelling mighty good!
    Far healthier!

Quote Originally Posted by SavedbyKate View Post
    I think I would easily lose weight if I continued with this. Because for hours after taking 1 tbsp coconut oil I had this awful heartburn/nausea/bad aftertaste feeling. I drank lots of water but it didn't help. I forced myself to eat something about 4 hours later and it helped a bit but overall I have felt lousy all 3 days I have tried this.
    would it help to try a different oil, to take the oil differently etc?
    Coconut oil can be a tummy trouble causer like Janie said. It has a lot of MCTs and it digests differently or with different enzymes..something like that. I would go with the Extra Light Olive Oil and see how that goes.

SavedbyKate is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    thanks. I use coconut oil regularly in cooking without any issues. It was weird though - it wasn't really about my stomach - it was more like a heartburn kind of feeling. I have "light tasting" olive oil. I will try that tomorrow.