Page 124 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 124

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Janie, I had to mess around with times and amounts. I settled on 3 TBS a day. I skip breakfast now so I have my first one an hour or two after coffee at 6ish. Then my second one around 1. Today I had a piece of chicken (Togo ) at 3 with some of the onions from the marinade that I grilled. I'll have chicken and coconut curry for dinner at 7 and last shot at 9 or 10.

I love the color of the marinade. I cooked the onions in a separate grill pan with some mushrooms. So good.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

janie is offline Senior Member
    I think I'll try your schedule. I think part of my problem is that I'm already at goal according to charts and docs --- but I still have fat to get rid of and I think that lowering my setpoint may be the only way I can knock off a few more pounds. I saw it mentioned on Seth's site that those closest to goal often have the most difficulty getting into AS.

Looking forward to that chicken. I did a mix of thighs and legs.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

That's exactly where I was, Janie. That and giving in to cravings led me to put on 8 or so lbs. They are gone now but I think I can stand to be a little leaner.

I do have a day out of the blue that seems cravy and hungry. Yesterday was perfection but today is a little off perfection. Also my stomach feels rumbly from the MTC. It was rock solid yesterday. Odd

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    I'm on vacation and discovered this thread and want to start asap...I had a major overeating episode today and am in need of some AS asap! the country store only had etra virgin oo so I bought it and tried it this morning and it set off a binge that didnt stop all day...it was hard not to taste it even with using the nose technique...would ghee work? I brought some with me and can get butter and make more...was thinking since it has a more mild flavor and is semi firm it might be easier to swallow...any thoughts on this?

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Any fat will work if you can get it down without tasting it. Seth Roberts has done it with noseclipped butter, wrapped in a slice of deli roast beef to make it palatable. Ghee would probably work fine.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Oceangirl.....clean out your Private message folder.

Tried sending you a pm but says you're full....LOL Guess the AS works better than you thought!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Oceangirl.....clean out your Private message folder.

Tried sending you a pm but says you're full....LOL Guess the AS works better than you thought!!!!!!
    Lol..yeah just got a scolding about it. I only had 3 messages... Cleaned out now.

janie is offline Senior Member
    As seems better so far today. I was really hungry when I woke up, so I heated a 1oz piece of wild salmon and made an omelet w/1 egg and a bit of cream cheese. One hour later, took my oil shot and went out.

Just had a bit of unpasteurized yogurt with a few blueberries, and will take the 2nd shot later.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

I tried the "egg yolk" coffee this morning. I did 1 TBS ghee, 1 TBS MTC and 2 egg yolks. Oh my..what a delicious treat on occasion. Figured I would be full until late afternoon, but my stomach was growling 2 hours later. I think there must be an AS benefit to having the oil alone for sure. I went on a 60 minute walk and dove into laundry to distract myself. Grr..

Janie glad your AS is better today. How was your Togo chicken? I love that name.

Where is Julia Goolia these days?

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Yesterday not as much AS for me. Coffee with CO first thing in morning and worked out for an hour an noon. After workout was really hungry so had 2 eggs, 5 slices of bacon! CO shot at 3:30 pm. Banana at 5:30. 1/2 lb steak and small potato w/butter about 6pm. 8pm I made banana/egg pancakes...with 2 bananas, 2 eggs, some chia seed, CO, butter and maple syrup...and ate all of it! 10pm...2 more bananas! I couldn't get enough banana yesterday. So weird. Guess if I'm going to binge on something, there's a lot worse than bananas!

Today....nothing but coffee and CO and it's almost 3pm! CO with my coffee this morning. 45 min spin class at noon. Wasn't hungry afterwards so about 2pm I just decided to have CO shot instead of eating. Still no hunger so will wait until tonight to eat. Out of bananas...so no banana binge tonight