Page 123 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 123

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Some people can't lose weight when they train hard, walking and simple jogging for me is OK.
    Many here found this, especially the people who lift heavy weights.
    I think training to much when the calories have been so reduced can prove havoc with weightloss and cravings for some people. I talked to my trainer about it and he agreed. The heavy lifting and HIIT was too much for me.

I see this less of a workout thing as a temporary situation. When I am where I want to be, I see myself backing off the oil a little, going back to sessions with my trainer so increasing my intensity. Eating a little more will come naturally. I'm thinking two meals a day instead of the one with a little meat snack in the afternoon. I think I will go read Morak's journey and see what he did.

Here's an awesome AS or in this case HHS (happy hour suppression) that happened yesterday. I knew some friends of mine were going to happy hour down the street from me. Awesome margaritas and tacos. My favorite place. I really didn't want to be tempted at this stage of the game, so I wasn't going to go. Then HH cravings set in. Dreams of fresh lime margaritas were dancing in my head. I did my shot of HTC. No more craving for a Margarita or tacos. I walked over and happily had a tall glass of soda with lime and a couple bites of Ceviche. It was perfect. Amazeballs!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    OG is right here, last week when I was forced to stay off the gym due to family stuff, I had excellent AS from the oil, and honestly ate very little even during meal time with the extended family, this week starting Monday I upped my exercise and HIIT, it resulted in a huge uncontrolled appetite !! I haven't been to the gym today, and so far my AS is very good.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    First week of August I'm on vacation, so for month July I'm kicking up my workouts in hopes of leaning out more. want to look the best I can in pictures (and clothes) Then I came across this thread and starting doing the oil shots. So far I'm getting the AS and keeping up the intensity of workouts. Without oil shots I was around 2000 calories, with oil shots I have been around 1500.

Stina1115 is offline Member
    Week 1 Update: I started taking oil shots last Tuesday, and as of yesterday, am down 5.6 lbs!! I'm sure at least a couple were water weight, but still - I've been bouncing around ~159 for the last month or so, and yesterday was 156.0. I'd say this is definitely working for me!

I haven't seemed to experience the AS as much as others report; however, during the week, I do 24 hour IF's (only eat dinner, with the exception of my BPC in the am), so I was curious to see if SLD would work for me. I hadn't seen much posted by other 24-hour IF'ers on here, so I was worried that if the mechanism of action was AS, I'd be SOL since IF'ing limits my calories inherently.

I did experience AS Monday for the first time, as I only finished half of my usual dinner. Yesterday though, I finished the other half, then had second dinner because I was STILL hungry (I blame TOM). I fully expected a gain this morning, what with stuffing my face last night and 2nd day of TOM, but I weighed the same as I did yesterday evening right before I broke my fast! This gets me excited, because usually I weigh less in the afternoon/evening than in the morning, so I'm hesitantly optimistic I'll weigh in the 155's this evening before dinner

It's still probably too early to definitively say SLD is the reason for the weight loss, but I'm digging it. For any other 24-hr IF'ers out there who are hesitant, give this a shot (pun intended )!

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stina1115 View Post
    Week 1 Update: I started taking oil shots last Tuesday, and as of yesterday, am down 5.6 lbs!! I'm sure at least a couple were water weight, but still - I've been bouncing around ~159 for the last month or so, and yesterday was 156.0. I'd say this is definitely working for me!

I haven't seemed to experience the AS as much as others report; however, during the week, I do 24 hour IF's (only eat dinner, with the exception of my BPC in the am), so I was curious to see if SLD would work for me. I hadn't seen much posted by other 24-hour IF'ers on here, so I was worried that if the mechanism of action was AS, I'd be SOL since IF'ing limits my calories inherently.

I did experience AS Monday for the first time, as I only finished half of my usual dinner. Yesterday though, I finished the other half, then had second dinner because I was STILL hungry (I blame TOM). I fully expected a gain this morning, what with stuffing my face last night and 2nd day of TOM, but I weighed the same as I did yesterday evening right before I broke my fast! This gets me excited, because usually I weigh less in the afternoon/evening than in the morning, so I'm hesitantly optimistic I'll weigh in the 155's this evening before dinner

It's still probably too early to definitively say SLD is the reason for the weight loss, but I'm digging it. For any other 24-hr IF'ers out there who are hesitant, give this a shot (pun intended )!
    Stina - what awesome results! Yesterday I actually did a 24-hr IF (first time ever) because of the AS. I've been doing a CO shot in my morning coffee, which isn't SLD protocol, but works for me, and then an afternoon CO shot (SDL style). Skipped lunch (usually first meal of day) and decided to just do shot since had no appetite.

Stina that is so awesome!! I adore SLD. Love your results. I basically have drifted to 24 hour IF with the exception of a few oz of flank steak and a couple of bites of ceviche yesterday. It isn't something I am purposely doing, but it just naturally has happened. I almost wondered if I was going to be hungry for dinner. Happily, I was. However, I did eat a smaller than usual dinner by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    Stina - what awesome results! Yesterday I actually did a 24-hr IF (first time ever) because of the AS. I've been doing a CO shot in my morning coffee, which isn't SLD protocol, but works for me, and then an afternoon CO shot (SDL style). Skipped lunch (usually first meal of day) and decided to just do shot since had no appetite.
    Thanks, Stacy! It sounds like we're doing something pretty similar, I also have CO oil (virgin) in my morning coffee, but I also add butter and fresh grated nutmeg and cinnamon. I have my shot usually around noon or one, and then I've been taking the last one after dinner most days, because it's been easiest schedule-wise (and tummy-wise!).

Hope SLD continues to work for you as well, what a great trick!

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Stina that is so awesome!! I adore SLD. Love your results. I basically have drifted to 24 hour IF with the exception of a few oz of flank steak and a couple of bites of ceviche yesterday. It isn't something I am purposely doing, but it just naturally has happened. I almost wondered if I was going to be hungry for dinner. Happily, I was. However, I did eat a smaller than usual dinner by far.

Thanks, oceangrl! The AS suppression seems to be working great for you, I do wonder if it will increase for me since Marthat said it could take up to 2-4 weeks to develop full AS from the SLD. Great trick about the margs and tacos, too - I'm so very impressed, a good margarita is my achilles heel!

Quote Originally Posted by Stina1115 View Post
    Thanks, oceangrl! The AS suppression seems to be working great for you, I do wonder if it will increase for me since Marthat said it could take up to 2-4 weeks to develop full AS from the SLD. Great trick about the margs and tacos, too - I'm so very impressed, a good margarita is my achilles heel!
    Stina, I forgot to mention..the AS was there fairly immediately for me but nothing like it is now. For me to question whether I even needed to eat dinner is unheard of for me. Ever. AND..for me to pass up a margarita and taco..also unheard of. :0) I think your AS will continue to increase to a higher level.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am hoping that my AS will increase as well. I do a shot in the morning around 9-10 and another around 3. AS is at its lowest in the afternoon, so I think I might just do a double shot in the AM or move the afternoon one earlier. May Hotmail is right that I need 3 doses.

Oceangrl - I've got the Togo chicken marinating in the refrigerator. Beautiful color from the palm oil....and what could be wrong about a ton of ginger and garlic?
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.