Page 121 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 121

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I'm thinking that "conventional" means refined, which would explain why it had no taste or smell.

Yup. They kept dancing around the answer. I was asking if it was refined or hydrogenated, and finally he said it is "conventional", so I figured that meant refined but googled it. So it is conventionally processed. He also added the initials, RBD which I discovered means "refined, bleached, deodorized."

UGGGHHHH I have been happy in my Coconut Ignorant Bliss since I found Primal, so for over 15 months I have been using bad stuff, thinking it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well..... I guess we know how great sliced bread is, so I should have known.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Yup. They kept dancing around the answer. I was asking if it was refined or hydrogenated, and finally he said it is "conventional", so I figured that meant refined but googled it. So it is conventionally processed. He also added the initials, RBD which I discovered means "refined, bleached, deodorized."

UGGGHHHH I have been happy in my Coconut Ignorant Bliss since I found Primal, so for over 15 months I have been using bad stuff, thinking it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Well..... I guess we know how great sliced bread is, so I should have known.
    Oh my. That sucks. Costco carries Nutiva brand. It's great. Good price at Costco too.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

bhanes is offline Member
    Ok, I've started on my third week of taking oil shoots, have really good AS, been eating well. So I thought I would get on the scale to see if anything was happening there. WTF I've gained 1 1/2 pounds, so a total of 3 1/2 pounds since my binging 4th of July weekend. I'm so disappointed...but I will stay the coarse.

Ez2cy: I'm totally with you. I've got 30 to 40 lbs to lose been 90% primal for 1 1/2. I keep losing and gaining the same damn five pounds. I've seen a lot of good health benefits so not complaining there. Just really wish I could get this weight off.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    I went to the big smoke today and picked up some MCT oil. Paid waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much I think, but I'll give it a try starting tomorrow

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    A piece of SLD knowledge from my years of doing it and reading every post on that forum for the last 6 years or so:

If you have AS, but then lose it suddenly, that's actually a good sign. According to the SLD theory, you lose your appetite because of the fact that your setpoint lowers below your current weight (or fat level, or whatever the trigger turns out to be), so your appetite is suppressed because you don't need as much for weight maintenance. The body is actually "trying" to reach the new (lower) weight.

When you drop below that new weight setpoint, your appetite will increase again and your body will "try" to encourage you to eat back "up" to the new setpoint. If you can stay the course, keep taking the oil and eating in the same way that allowed the weight loss in the first place (ie: smaller amounts d/t the AS), the setpoint will eventually drop again and you will then have the great AS again, and your weight will hopefully respond by dropping again. It's a temporary appetite increase - not a reason to switch oils.
    Hi Marth, thanks very much for the response to my post, this is really helpful to me

janie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for that information, Marthat. It is useful to know what to expect.

I finally dropped another pound, for a total of 2-1/2 in 10 days. Out w/DH today & also two meals out (sigh).
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Thanks for that information, Marthat. It is useful to know what to expect.

I finally dropped another pound, for a total of 2-1/2 in 10 days. Out w/DH today & also two meals out (sigh).
    Janie do you take your oil shots to go or does that feel too weird. I went on an all day thing with some friends the other day. I had my morning shot and packed my second shot in a spice jar (they are airtight) and stuck it in my purse. Worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    I went to the big smoke today and picked up some MCT oil. Paid waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much I think, but I'll give it a try starting tomorrow
    Ez2cy, you may want to start slow. I have a cast iron stomach but had bad GI issues. I thought oil was oil, but MTCs are different. I had the same issue when I did a shot of my liquid coconut oil which is 93% MTC. I am happy to say I seem to tolerate them well now.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks oceangrl, I will try it slow, although I have a cast iron stomach as well. Mom got us that way by being a farm wife (working outside) and not a very good cook...LOL

Has anyone used MCT oil, other than the SLD and notice weight loss, energy etc? I've been reading how it's suppose to be the next wonder for body builders etc. Just curios.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Calorie restriction? SEE-YUH.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!