Page 119 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 119

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I had to google to see what scapes are I want some now.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I had to google to see what scapes are I want some now.
    I had no clue either. I googled and asked my mom. She said "get in the car and go get some before they are gone"!!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Janie the chicken was. so. amazing!!! I am on my phone but if you google global table togo chicken it will pop up first. Let me know if you don't find it. I think shooting Red Palm oil from a spoon is a mistake but cooking with it is an entirely different story. The marinade calls for a sliced onion. I brushed them off the chicken and grilled them in a grill basket separately. Oh my.

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    I'm looking at trying the SLD. I wanted to get the book but it seems it's no longer available on kindle... Odd as you'd think it'd be easy to keep it there!

Anyway from what I gather I just need to take a couple of tablespoons of oil a day (American tablespoons not Australian ones!) and am debating between MCT and CO... For flavourlessness I think the MCT is a go as CO has flavour (I've never seen refined locally). I also have to take CO melted in hot water and I may be able to take MCT straight.

Anyway I've got about 30lbs give or take to lose and despite doing plenty of activity my weight hasn't budged for months so I really want to reset my set point!

janie is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the suggestions re: the scapes, Oceangrl. Like Little Vase, I'd never heard of them before.

I googled and got the chicken recipe too, and will be picking up chicken legs next trip to the store.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Iron Filing -
    Welcome! I started w/coconut oil and found it hard to avoid the strong flavor, even with holding my nose and mouth rinsing afterwards. Currently I'm using refined walnut and extra light olive oil, both recommended in the book. I've got some MCT on order but likely will start with half doses as some have reported intestinal difficulties at a full dose. I believe the book also says that some people have to gradually adjust to an increase in some oils.
    Far healthier!

Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions re: the scapes, Oceangrl. Like Little Vase, I'd never heard of them before.

I googled and got the chicken recipe too, and will be picking up chicken legs next trip to the store.
    Janie, I used chicken thighs just because I like them better but I think any cut of chicken would work.

I definitely suggest starting slow with the MTC oil. I have had a very bubbly stomach and that gassy bloated feeling. Today, I am going to go with a tsp.

I have lost 8 of the 10 lbs I wanted to lose. Another bonus..I am spending way less time at the store and in the kitchen. Love that.

That is a fast, impressive loss!

I've lost no more since the 1-1/2 lb. loss but today was really the best day of appetite suppression so far, so maybe things are moving forward.
    Far healthier!

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    uggh.

I caught up with this thread the other day, and some things kept standing out in my mind. The strong taste, holding your nose to cover the taste, etc.

I never cared for the idea of just chugging CO, it is a weird texture for some reason, but I never noticed a taste or smell. So I researched. My CO doesnt say much of anything on the label, so I contacted the company and their reply was that particular kind, was "conventional"

uggghhh That explains the great price. Also explains, maybe explains... a few of the issues I have experienced along this journey.

Ugghhh. Did I say that already?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I didn't have AS today for whatever reason, I had 1.5 T of ELOO twice today, and followed all the rules, but still felt hungry. I did HIIT training for 20 minutes at the gym, so wonder if the exercise caused the lack of AS.

If this continues tomorrow, I should switch oil, I don't think I should increase more than 3T a day!