Page 118 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 118

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have nothing better to do as far as the amount I actually exercise. What I've read from Mark, it should be exactly what is considered primal. I don't do anything (except the Bowflex) that is what a person would consider extreme. I throw the ipod on, and just walk for at least an hour. I walk to the pool, another 10 minutes there and then 10 again back. Again, my swimming laps is not all out by any means. Then I just walk in town if I need to pick something up, never drive unless I go out of town. Same with the bike, all just a nice pace. Same as a caveman would have done. (ok, Gork didn't have a bike, but..lol)

Muscle? Don't think so, because it should have showed up in some of my measures? No? ie, my calves, biceps etc should have shown something.

How do I "know" I'll eat bad......well...not sure how fairs are in the U.S. but here in Canada there is not a single "good" choice...LOL
    Will be there all day, and going to have to eat something at some time. I'm not going to go whole hog and have snow cones, ice cream, candy floss etc etc. Just trying to get anything to eat will be hard. I know I can just grab a hamburger and not eat the bun etc, but geeez..even the hamburger there is not going to be great for sure. I know it won't be grassfed, which I could live with, but it will be filled with so many fillers etc.

Also, this is not "quickly" I've been eating Primal for awhile now and exercising a lot. New is the oil as I'm trying to break the plateau. Health wise, I'm doing great, feel good. Had a medical just a month ago and the Doctor even asked if I was exercising a lot as my blood pressure was perfect and my standing heart rate was extremely low. (bonus)

I just wanted to look a little better in my Wranglers this week end for her (she likes me in them...LOL) May sound like a brag...but I have a great butt...tight and small....but when you put on the jeans and stuff hangs over (belly) to say it's gross is an understatement!
    Last edited by ez2cy; 07-20-2013 at 07:45 AM.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Great SLD day today. AND..I got my MCT oil. In fact, I just had a spoonful of it. So weird that it literally has no taste. Here is my fat cupboard. The only thing you don't see is my ELOO because it's a huge container that lives in my pantry. I make my mayo with it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

janie is offline Senior Member
    Love your cupboard, Oceangrl! You have lots of the good stuff.

I think my MCT will be here by Monday. I do have some palm oil but haven't tried it yet. I bought it b/c of a recipe I read that roasted garlic in palm oil, but haven't tried it yet. I absolutely didn't consider a spoonful after you said the taste was yuk.

I need to get myself on a schedule. Weekends always mess me up.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Love your cupboard, Oceangrl! You have lots of the good stuff.

I think my MCT will be here by Monday. I do have some palm oil but haven't tried it yet. I bought it b/c of a recipe I read that roasted garlic in palm oil, but haven't tried it yet. I absolutely didn't consider a spoonful after you said the taste was yuk.

I need to get myself on a schedule. Weekends always mess me up.
    Oh Janie, try the palm oil. You may love it. I had no idea MTC would be such a large container. I may use half MTC and half ELOO next batch of mayo.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Havent popped in for awhile, so read a few pages this evening. Sounds like everyone is doing great!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    HopelessDreamer, I think oil shots blend perfectly with a W30. If you speak about it on the forum you may get some pushback from the mods because they will worry you wont eat enough.

I haven't thought to mention it over at Whole30....I never worry that I am not eating enough!(hence the use of oil to suppress the appetite!)

I was worried about going out for a previously scheduled brunch today, but studied the menu online beforehand. Had an oil shot an hour or so b/f we went. Ordered a lovely beet & goat cheese salad which was fairly small and which I didn't finish. So nice to not be ravenous in a restaurant!
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Janie, I am making Togo grilled chicken tonight. It's a red palm oil, ginger, tons of garlic marinade. I'll let you know how it is.

I haven't gone out yet either. Congrats on your success!!

Oh, that sounds good! Love garlic. Our CSA gave us garlic scapes in our bag this week. Anyone know what to do with them?

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Oh, that sounds good! Love garlic. Our CSA gave us garlic scapes in our bag this week. Anyone know what to do with them?
    Omg..I am in love with scapes. You can chop them up and cook them with any vegetable..leave out the garlic. My favorite thing is scape pesto. I did scapes, basil, cilantro (optional, but I loved it), pan toasted from raw cashews, salt, pepper and olive oil. I am into nutritional yeast right now for the flavor..it's oddly a little cheese like, so I added that but it's not necessary. I froze some of it so when the scapes were gone here in Oregon, I still had some. Heavenly.