Page 115 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 115

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Okay, I spoke way too soon about the MCT oil--I had zero AS today, and after 3T throughout the day, I was starving at dinner time and wolfed a ton of food. It was all paleo food, so no biggie, but yeah, the MCT isn't doing the trick yet.
    Heatseeker, I am a week or so into it. Out of the blue, I had a starving day today too. No clue why. I was doing that snacky thing where I kept going to the fridge for this and that. I am going to carry on tomorrow like nothing happened.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I'll give MCT one more week before I switch back to coconut oil. I have a vacation coming up this week--but I'm doing a lot of yoga teaching and beach-going during it, so I need to stay looking slim!

Whoever mentioned switching oil a page back--you can totally switch oils, I've done it a bunch of times. Usually I do it when one oil stops working as well; like, I'll stop getting AS on coconut oil, so I'll switch to ELOO, and boom, there's the AS again. This MCT switch has been different. The AS has been on and off, but mostly off. I really WANT it to work, but it might just not work for me.

Also, I'm pretty sure it upsets my tummy when I eat certain foods with MCT shots already in my stomach. For instance, yesterday I had an oil shot at around 10, then at around 11:30 had my lunch, which included a grapefruit. As soon as I was finished with the grapefruit, I felt tummy rumblies, and man, I was running to the bathroom all afternoon.

janie is offline Senior Member
    Interesting experience with the MCT, Heatseeker. Julia had a similar reaction as I recall. And I had a similar one with EVCO. I, too, am wondering if it has to do with a specific food or perhaps the amount of food in ones stomach when the oil is ingested.

I haven't had any negative response with the refined walnut oil but am waiting on my MCT delivery. What do you think about a mix? Has anyone tried that? Possible downsides?
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Anyone feeling really tired doing this? (Day 5, 2 tbs/2x/day)

ez-
    I haven't been tired. Actually feeling fairly energetic. Is it possible you are taking calories too low?
    Far healthier!

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Might be my work outs, but I've done work out like this week before without a problem.. Calories? Don't think so. Not upset stomach or anything, but stomach feels weird all the time. Hard to explain.

Monday; 1,244
    Tuesday; 1,173
    Wednesday; 1,322
    Thursday; 1,256

Forgot to add the oils, which would add just over 400 more cals/day
    Last edited by ez2cy; 07-19-2013 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Forgot oil

Stacy15 is online now Senior Member
    Yesterday was Day 4 of taking the oil, and I did it a bit differently. I put a TBSP of CO in my morning coffee instead of the morning shot. This kept me full until first meal (1/3-1/2 lb steak) which I had after working out at 1:30pm. At 4 pm I had CO shot (2 TBSP). 5:30pm I had 1/2 a banana. 7pm still wasn't that hungry but made some eggs and had a hard time finishing 3! AS success! Lifted weights for an hour from 8-9pm. No hunger afterwards. Seems to be working Best part - broke my stall!! Down 1 lb this morning!! First time scale has moved down in 6 weeks.

Thanks for this thread!

Stina1115 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Hey Stina! Welcome to the thread. I hope this works out for you!

Julia Goolia
    Ha, I'm honored to be welcomed personally by Julia (Goolia, splorf!) - your rambly posts kept me laughing throughout the entire thread.

I'm hesitantly optimistic that SLD is going to help me break through the plateau I've been experiencing the last mont - since Monday I've lost 4 lbs already, and hit another new Primal low

Thanks again for all the tips and inspiration, ladies!

Wow, Stina - great result! Especially after a stall!
    Far healthier!

Stina1115 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, Janie! Let's hope the scale keeps moving in the right direction - beach trip in August