Page 114 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 114

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The AS from MCT oil seems to be kicking in... I had to split my dinner into two meals an hour apart because I ate half and was stuffed (but I'd only eaten a tiny bit earlier in the day and I have heavy lifting tomorrow morning, so I really needed the calories).

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Can't wait to get the MCT oil. Pulled the trigger on it at Amazon. Red palm oil seems to work. If only it didn't taste like poo. I only taste it that split second it goes down my throat. It's quite thick too. Blurgh.

I am about halfway finished with the book. I'm glad I bought it. I like knowing the "whys".

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Scanning the thread I was looking for other results other than the OP, and with do many posts it was hard to find. Was wondering who else is having success doing this.

Stacy15 -
    I did the oil shots for a few months, and it gave me AS, but weight loss was very slow. I should mention I was very close to a good weight, so it the weight loss was not as important as NOT GAINING. I went on vacation and ate a TON (mostly compliant to primal!) and came back lighter! I was also walking more than and hour a day, and I did yoga 3-4 times over the 10 days I was away.
    I haven't done any oil shots for a while, since I did a Whole30 in May/June. My weight hit a great new low, and I am happy with it. I seem to have a new setpoint of 150. My low is 148, my high is 152. I used to be hovering about 155-157 until the oil shots, and I lost about 3 pounds. After vacation and Whole30, I lost the last few.
    I am doing another Whole30, and thinking of adding and oil shot once per day to help with AS, since I sometimes eat too much.
    Good Luck!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    HopelessDreamer, I think oil shots blend perfectly with a W30. If you speak about it on the forum you may get some pushback from the mods because they will worry you wont eat enough.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    Scanning the thread I was looking for other results other than the OP, and with do many posts it was hard to find. Was wondering who else is having success doing this.

Stacy15 -
    I did the oil shots for a few months, and it gave me AS, but weight loss was very slow. I should mention I was very close to a good weight, so it the weight loss was not as important as NOT GAINING. I went on vacation and ate a TON (mostly compliant to primal!) and came back lighter! I was also walking more than and hour a day, and I did yoga 3-4 times over the 10 days I was away.
    I haven't done any oil shots for a while, since I did a Whole30 in May/June. My weight hit a great new low, and I am happy with it. I seem to have a new setpoint of 150. My low is 148, my high is 152. I used to be hovering about 155-157 until the oil shots, and I lost about 3 pounds. After vacation and Whole30, I lost the last few.
    I am doing another Whole30, and thinking of adding and oil shot once per day to help with AS, since I sometimes eat too much.
    Good Luck!
    I'm still trying to lose weight, thinking another 30-40 lbs at least. Over the past 2 years I have lost 50 lbs. I lose slow compared to others around here, but it's still progress! I have been stuck at same number since beginning of June. So frustrating! Hoping SLD diet might break my stall. So far no loss, but no gain either. I was worried about extra fat/calories maybe leading to a gain, but since that's not the case I will stay at it and see what happens!

janie is online now Senior Member
    I'm liking this refined walnut oil as it has no odor or flavor. I plan to alternate with the MCT when it arrives.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

Stina1115 is offline Member
    Hey SLD'ers! After reading this *entire* thread, I've decided to jump in as well. I've already lost about 28 lbs since switching to primal in the beginning of March, but I've been stalled at around 160 for the past month or so.

My current routine is 24 hour IF every week day (not so much on the weekends), with macros in ratios such that I've been in ketosis for a few months now. I was worried SLD may not work for me since I really only eat dinner every day, but yesterday was Day 2 (I'm starting with EVCO shots, had a bad experience with MCT once, but hopefully can build to that) and I was down 3.8 lbs from Monday! Now, some of that was water weight from a weekend at the river, mind you - but this is 0.8 lbs lower than the lowest I'd seen so far since going Primal, so I'm hopeful this might actually lower my set point, as it seems to have done for some of you already

A big thanks to heatseeker for starting this thread, and all the good info/updates from all you other SLDers! And congrats to those of you who have seen success with this method, it's been very inspiring and motivational

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Hey Stina! Welcome to the thread. I hope this works out for you!

For me another great day of appetite suppression.

9:30, coffee, 11:30 15g MCT oil, 4pm 42g cheddar cheese, 70g ham, 1oz
    tortilla chips and salsa, then one square of lindt chocolate (628 cals total).

Spend the morning stripping god damned m*ther f*cking paint off the hardwood
    floor that was under the carpet that I tore out yesterday. On my hands and knees,
    scrubbing like a banshee for two hours, asphyxiating myself with hard core paint remover.

Anyway, probably will be full until dinner, whereupon I'll have the same thing as last night,
    since I made so darn much of it.

Julia Goolia

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I spoke way too soon about the MCT oil--I had zero AS today, and after 3T throughout the day, I was starving at dinner time and wolfed a ton of food. It was all paleo food, so no biggie, but yeah, the MCT isn't doing the trick yet.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wasn't it written somewhere that the author said not to switch oils? Might be the problem if I remembered correctly.