Page 113 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 113

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Hey martha/SQ, I know you did SLD for a long time, and you did good on it, what happened at the end, did it stop working or did you stop taking the oil?
    I don't really remember. Life happened, I guess. I slowed down on my devotion to the daily oil but I maintained the weight loss for over a year and only slowly regained. I never got up past where I had originally started. I've lived most of the last 2 decades within the same 20 lbs, 135 on the low (ideal) end and 155 on the highest (not happy with myself) end. Things like travel to Europe (the home of great bread and cheese, and my hubby's extended family) would put me behind. Periods of increased alcohol intake (meaning 2-3 nights a week of a bit of wine - never very much) would put my weight back up. Socializing with friends (who are all amazing foodies), overeating late into the evening (with aforementioned alcohol included usually) also got the better of me.

Once I found Primal and limited my grain consumption, controlling my weight got significantly easier and I've never really gone back to the SLD oilshots. But it does work, or at least it sure did for me. I loved being on it and I credit it with steering me away from the lowfat CW of my training and opening my mind to the fact that fat wasn't "evil".

I'm finding the combo of about 80% Primal and IF until L daily has been pretty successful for me this past 4 months, having lost over 15 lbs in the lead-up to my son's wedding. But I keep SLD in my arsenal of tricks and would have no problem going back to it anytime. This morning I hit a new low of 137.5 lbs.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Martha, and congrats on the new low

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Stacy -
    are you clear about the guidelines or do you need help w/that?
    I think I figured out how to do it, but I could be wrong! I followed some of the links and read some of the of the forum dedicated to it. I've been eating my normal primal diet, but including 1 TBSP of CO at 10 am & 3 pm. Nothing but water an hour before or after. I plug my nose and rinse my mouth a few times to get rid of taste before unplugging.

Scanning the thread I was looking for other results other than the OP, and with do many posts it was hard to find. Was wondering who else is having success doing this.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacy15 View Post
    I think I figured out how to do it, but I could be wrong! I followed some of the links and read some of the of the forum dedicated to it. I've been eating my normal primal diet, but including 1 TBSP of CO at 10 am & 3 pm. Nothing but water an hour before or after. I plug my nose and rinse my mouth a few times to get rid of taste before unplugging.

Scanning the thread I was looking for other results other than the OP, and with do many posts it was hard to find. Was wondering who else is having success doing this.
    Julia posts about her inch loss.

But yes, many tried this at the start of the thread, but not sure how many are still doing it, I guess after one does it for a few weeks it becomes routine and not much to talk about. When SLD forum was more lively, I know many people initially lost weight, then many got stuck at a specific setpoint.

janie is offline Senior Member
    I've only been doing it since 7/13, but am down 1 and 1/2 lbs. That's really good for me as my losses are usually slow. What is GREAT is the drop in hunger.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

janie is offline Senior Member
    Marthat - I can so relate to the bread, cheese and wine. Three of my favorite things. I can control it here but in Europe OMG. The quality is hard to resist.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I continue to be astounded by the results of this program. I finally cooked up some shrimp and kale. I ate 6 medium shrimp and half of my kale. STUFFED!! I have not weighed since last week but my yoga pants almost fell off at the grocery store.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    I've only been doing it since 7/13, but am down 1 and 1/2 lbs. That's really good for me as my losses are usually slow. What is GREAT is the drop in hunger.
    I'm also a slow loser, and would love to lose 1.5 lbs in a few days! I've been stuck at same weight for about 6 weeks now so hoping it will work for me as well.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Marthat - I can so relate to the bread, cheese and wine. Three of my favorite things. I can control it here but in Europe OMG. The quality is hard to resist.
    This, exactly!! I swear I'd weigh 200 lbs if I lived in Europe. The cheese is so delicious and cheap and the bread is so good! And the wine - cheap and good!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    I continue to be astounded by the results of this program. I finally cooked up some shrimp and kale. I ate 6 medium shrimp and half of my kale. STUFFED!! I have not weighed since last week but my yoga pants almost fell off at the grocery store.
    I hear you.

Today I had my coffee an hour after I woke up, then I had two pieces of cheddar cheese (43g) and then
    an hour after that I had the MCT oil at 12pm.

It's 7:51 and I JUST ate dinner.

I made chicken fajitas with a TON of red peppers and onions in a HUGE ASS POT cuz I thought
    I'd be starving by the time it was done and I'd want seconds because it's so tasty, but nope, here
    I sit after one meager serving, WANTING to eat another, but I can't.

What?

Even though I couldn't go walking today, I DID end up ripping all the carpet out of the hallway, taking
    up all the tack board and all the stupid mother effing STAPLES... so I got SOME exercise I get, but not
    enough to have a freaking 600 calorie day, if that.

I don't care, I'll take it!

I'm sure I'll make up for it when this stupid knee doesn't feel like a stupid sniper took a shot at it.

But I'm not bitter, nooooooo, not me.

Bygones!

Not even my 400lbs of leftover brownies look good.

WHASAHAPPENING?!?!?

Julia