Page 108 of 175 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 108

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I actually did the sugar water for a week back in March or April, I forget exactly; I was curious to see its effects. My impression was that it did work--as in, I got the appetite suppression (though not as strongly as with oil) and I didn't gain weight--but it was honestly unpleasant drinking sugar water twice a day, and it gave me shakes and crashes, as sugar usually does. I was doing just plain white sugar in water. I gave it a week before getting tired of it and going back to oil.

MCT oil update: my AS doesn't seem to be nearly as strong with this stuff, but I like it because it's flavorless and so healthy. I'm going to up my daily intake to 3T to see if I get better AS.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I've never heard of anyone taking it more than twice a day, ez. But if you're ok with it, try it. What the heck. Please report back here with your experiences. My hat is off to you for actually finding the time to do it 3x! I can barely manage once. I really have to reevaluate my time management over here, sheesh.

heatseeker, that's the main reason I didn't want to do the sugar water....I am totally off sugar now and kind of felt like it would be a step backwards? If you know what I mean. I don't use honey or stevia or agave or anything anymore. I get all of my sugar from food. I feel that sugar is very triggering for me and so wanted to stay as far away from it as possible. Thanks for sharing your n=1. Good luck with upping the mct!
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    little vase;

Don't take your hat off for me finding the time. It's called not having a life..LOL

Hotmail is online now Senior Member
    Hi ez, the only restrictions mentioned in the book are:
    1- Should be flavourless oil and/or sugar water
    2-No food/drink(apart from water) hour before and hour after the oil/sugar water
    2-Total flavourless calories should be no more than 400

Anything else is to be done in whatever is best for you.

However in the book there are some shared experiences (I suppose you'll see it on the forum as well) where others have shared optimal way that worked for them.

Hotmail is online now Senior Member
    Actually I know a few diet plans that insist on no snaking/no drinking (apart from water) between meals, so theoritically its totally possible for one to divide their doze into 3 or 4.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Actually I know a few diet plans that insist on no snaking/no drinking (apart from water) between meals, so theoritically its totally possible for one to divide their doze into 3 or 4.
    I presume you mean snacking, but I like the way this reads.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I am SO down with no snaking between meals! Or any time, for that matter.

NO SNAKES!
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Hotmail

Think it might be hard to get 3 in if you are only allowed 400 cals. 2 tbs of EVO is 240.

Might have to look for a lighter calorie oil if I'm going to try 3 times a day.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Thanks Hotmail

Think it might be hard to get 3 in if you are only allowed 400 cals. 2 tbs of EVO is 240.

Might have to look for a lighter calorie oil if I'm going to try 3 times a day.
    Yeah, three times a day at 2tbsp per time is over 700 calories of oil, and I think all oils
    are around 130 cals per tablespoon... otherwise you're getting into frankenfood territory
    if you try to find a lighter calorie oil.

With regard to the EVOO, I had one that was HELLA FULL FLAVOR - peppery even, but the
    other day I went to Grocery Outlet and they had one with a little "flavor key" on the side
    saying that it was "light flavor", and it was! No peppery and it was less viscous than the
    other brand I got.

Still 130 cals per tbsp though.

I've already had my CO shot for the morning, but I'm trying the EVOO later, just cuz I bought
    it, might as well use it too.

With regard to the sugar water, it may be less calories and all, but sugar is never good for you.

Not being a purist, but just stating a fact.

Oil has way more calories, but at least it DOES something. Brain likes it, joints like it, etc.

But, there's a dude on the SLD website that did this with REAL Coke, so, whatever gets you the
    appetite suppressant, then go for it!

I'm stickin' with oil.

In other news, I AGREE, NO SNAKES! HAR!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    No snakes..I like it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2