Page 106 of 175 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 106

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Who knows. I could be totally talking outta my ass, but it works for me.

Julia
    Wow...you can talk out of your ass? Could you do this before Primal or is this a side effect? LOL

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    LV, you may remember it better as a Marathon Bar.

That's what they were called when I was a kid - I think Curly Wurly is the UK version?

But all they have in the specialty candy store around here, and they're a lot shorter than
    the Marathon Bar.

I still eat candy when it calls to me really bad, I just eat less of it now.

There was a time before SLD where I could power down 2 snickers bars, two packages
    of Resees Peanut Butter Cups and then wash it down with a "sharing size" Twix.. maybe
    even a Whatchamacalit afterwards and feel nary a thing. Not even full (hello ditto foods!).

Now I actually have an off switch. Well, minus that cake, but I'd never had it before and
    HAD TO EAT IT ALL, right? Heaven forbid the ankle biters get their hands on it first.

Bygones.

HM, I count the oil calories for sure. I know that some don't and some are against counting
    all together, but I have to keep myself accountable, and I like tracking, so that's just me.

You can keep that curry whatever. I loathe curry with every fiber of my being! Ha!

Janie, it took a good 2 weeks for me with three tablespoons of oil a day for the appetite
    suppression to kick in, so defnitely give it time.

Even if I get nothing out of doing the oil shots, I'm going to keep on with it because for
    some reason it make me feel good, and my skin is BEYOND FREAKING SOFT, which used
    to be a real problem for me.

I hear you on the cake Janie. In 2007 when I went ultra low carb, my birthday rolled around
    and my sister, the bestest baker in the WORLD, made me a double chocolate cake. Within
    two bites I had a headache and by the end of my slice, it felt like the aftermath of an entire
    bottle of vodka. Freaking WEIRD. I felt like shit for two days after as well. After a SLICE not the
    entire CAKE for crying out loud!

The oil definitely takes a bite outta the calorie allowance, but pretty soon it won't make such an
    impact, you'll be fuller on less food, I promise, probably about 5 more days until it kicks in.

Today I had my coffee, then my oil an hour later, then two hours after that I had 70g canned pink
    salmon and 10g mayo and I was like "jesus, shoot me I'm full". About to have my second tablespoon
    of oil in about 30 minutes from now, even though I'm still hella full from the stupid salmon!

But it'll really take the edge off dinner and wanting Stupid Shit afterwards... Which we have none of
    anyway, but that doesn't keep me from walking the 4 blocks to 7-11 to get it. SNORT!

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I was doing really well, even did a whole 30 in May/June. Now I have been eating too much chocolate, nuts and dried fruit. I feel tired and bloated. Time to re-start whole 30, and try the oil shots again to re-gain control of the appetite!
    Besides, I missed reading Julie's posts!:

bhanes is offline Member
    Howdy Gals,

I've been stalking this thread since the first of July and finally read the whole thing! Julia you trip me out...too funny. So last week I decided to trade my Scotch shots for CO shots to see if this would be helpful. Well I have to say the AS was immediate, went the whole week with not a one craving, that include booze. But of coarse the dreaded weekend showed up and also the TOM (damn that thing) so I ate like a horse all weekend, no oil either, so I can contest that without it my appetite is supreme. Back to my routine today and not a problem.

Guess I have a steel stomach also, CO doesn't bother my digestion at all, matter of fact I believe it to be better with the oil. So I'm up around 5:00 am with a cup of coffee with tsp of CO while I watch the news and dress for work. I've again started with my original bf (I had stopped when I was IF most days 21 hours) 2 farm fresh eggs, 3 bacons. Off to work and tbsp. CO bout 9:30-10:00. Lunch is at 12:45 just medium, today it has been raining (YAY) so we have a bowl of posole 4:00 another tbs CO. Tonight I'll probably have some cheese and summer sausage, or Tuna Salad with cukes. Have not weighed in a couple of months, but I know I'm been staying appox the same from the way my clothes fit. I'm 5.6 1/2 168, I've been Primal 1 1/2 years and just keep losing the same 5 or 6 lbs over and over. ARG! So I'm really hoping this will reset my set point. Diff, seem many benefits of eating primal, weight loss has just not been one of them. Wish me luck, keep you posted.......chow

Ok...to cheap to buy a book for a couple of lines to use oil.

Is Extra Virgin oil ok to use?

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Have to say, there's nothing in the book that you don't already know if you've read the FAQs on the forums at Seth Roberts' website. I bought the book as a way of saying thanks. It was really inexpensive.

EVOO is fine to use - it has a lot a flavor so you have to make sure not to smell it.

bhanes, I know the feeling well of losing and gaining the same few lbs over and over and over. The plateau-busting effect of this is the best thing about it to me, even better than the AS. Good luck with your oil shots!
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    Ok...to cheap to buy a book for a couple of lines to use oil.

Is Extra Virgin oil ok to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    EVOO is fine to use - it has a lot a flavor so you have to make sure not to smell it.
    The proper protocol is to have a glass of water ready when you are ready to take your oil. Hold your nostrils closed with one hand and pour the oil in your mouth. Swallow, and with your fingers still holding your nostrils closed, drink the water, rinsing your mouth to remove the flavor.

I tape my nose shut. I tried clothespins but they hurt.

EVOO has a flavor? I must need new taste buds...LOL

You're better off having a flavorless one! To me extra light has no flavor, but extra virgin is pretty strong. Maybe it's just my oil though. I'm thinking of switching from CO to OO just because I'm getting sick of melting the CO. I can't swallow it unless it's melted.....gag!