Page 105 of 175 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 105

janie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Janie, don't be worried about increasing the oil, what have you got to lose? Try it for a couple of days at 1.5Tsp twice a day, and see if you achieve a better appetite suppressant, see what happens. If it didn't work out then go back to 1Tsp.
    I'm not doing teaspoons but tablespoons. Are you saying to go to 1.5 tablespoons per dose, as I'm already at 1 tablespoon per dose? That's 366 calories! Yikes! Of course, if I don't eat that would make up the difference, but scary none the less.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Janie, I would definitely eat a larger lunch, then have your second tablespoon of oil
    an hour after that.

It should really cut down on how hungry you are for dinner, sooner or later.

Yesterday I didn't want my coffee for two hours after I woke up, as I previously blabbered
    on about.

Still wasn't hungry around 2:00 and was going rollerblading with my son, so I had a tablespoon
    of oil before we left, in case I got hungry.

Finally got hungry around 4pm and we had Wendy's for "drunch". I had a large chili with cheese
    in it (about 400 cals total) and then I didn't get hungry again until 8:30pm whereupon I had
    spaghetti meat sauce that I made on some shirataki noodles and 29g of garlic bread. Maybe 300
    cals total.

Then Mr. Happy Drunk came home from socializing with neighbors and he had a HUGE slice
    of toasted almond cake. HUGE. Usually anything that isn't chocolate flavored doesn't phase me,
    but the "frosting" was vanilla pudding, and there was a healthy slab of it inbetween the layers
    of cake.

Ate the whole thing and then thought I might just vomit.

My eldest and I had to go for a 1.5hr night walk last night so I could feel better. HA!

We were out until 12am!

Today I had to wait another 2hrs until I wanted my coffee again, drank it, then an hour later had my
    oil.

Hopefully today will be another copy of yesterday, WITHOUT THE CAKE.. snicker.

Still only a 1600 calorie day with the cake, but I should have "listened to my body" (barf! spare me!)
    and not eaten that darn cake. Ha.

Carry on people, y'all are doing just fine.

Julia

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I'm not doing teaspoons but tablespoons. Are you saying to go to 1.5 tablespoons per dose, as I'm already at 1 tablespoon per dose? That's 366 calories! Yikes! Of course, if I don't eat that would make up the difference, but scary none the less.
    Yes I understand that you are doing one table spoon twice a day, and I think its worth increasing at least one of the doses if not both to 1.5 table spoons. In the book it says one can have 400 calories of oil a day.
    btw in the book it says many people have to wait a week before this works for them, when did you start? I know some can achieve appetite suppression immediately, but some have to wait around a week.

Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Janie, I would definitely eat a larger lunch, then have your second tablespoon of oil
    an hour after that.
    Yes, agree, this is also mentioned in the book, people may have better results having the oil an hour after eating instead of an hour before eating.

Julia, I had the same experience with the coffee, today I just didn't fancy it at all, so skipped it completely. Then felt very sleepy around 3pm, but by then its too late for me to have a coffee (I wont be able to sleep if I did)

What surprised me, is I had no headache at all, normally I would have it if I didn't drink my coffee!!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, you know, I didn't have a headache either! Very odd.

I agree with the oil after eating instead of before.

I've tried it when I was just a little teeny tiny bit hungry and it did absolutely
    nothing to curb my appetite when I DID finally get starving.

I think the point of taking it an hour after you power down some food is to give it
    more staying power, and the tasteless calories make it seem like whatever you
    ate before that "have more staying power".

Who knows. I could be totally talking outta my ass, but it works for me.

Julia

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Hopefully today will be another copy of yesterday, WITHOUT THE CAKE.. snicker.
    Why ya gotta mention Snickers???!

Hah...I had to google Curly Wurly yesterday

Ok time to go "listen to my body" (cue the new agey Enya music) and then tell it to shut up when it tells me to eat candy ;P
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Julia do you count the calories from the oil you drink (flavourless calories) in your total calories or just the food !!

I think I know the answer lol... hmmm I was hoping the calories from oil just don't count... My colleague today fancied sushi, so I had loads and I mean loads of sushi ....

Oh yesterday I made white potato and sweet potato curry, it was yummie & very satisfying, but made it the proper way of frying the onions with the spices and ginger/garlic, so had to use oil in it, thinking to reduce the calories in my curry I could do it just with potatoes and the spices...

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Yes I understand that you are doing one table spoon twice a day, and I think its worth increasing at least one of the doses if not both to 1.5 table spoons. In the book it says one can have 400 calories of oil a day.
    btw in the book it says many people have to wait a week before this works for them, when did you start? I know some can achieve appetite suppression immediately, but some have to wait around a week.
    Thanks. I only started 2 days ago, so maybe that is it. Patience --not something I'm known for, LOL!
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

OK - I've got 2 votes for larger lunch so that will be the first adjustment. Maybe I'm trying to push it too far. Like I said, not known for patience.

OMG Julia on the cake! Isn't it amazing how stuff like that can just come out of the blue and grab us? I had some super-sweet cake at Christmas 2 years ago and felt sick for at least 2 days after. Just queezy thinking about it.

Hotmail - I'm definitely counting the oil calories. I stay around 1200-1400 so the oil takes a big bite out of my caloric allowance.