Page 104 of 175 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 104

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    I've been taking 1/2 oz dose of oil in the mid morning after a decent breakfast, and then the 2nd an hour or two after a very light lunch. But I'm really getting hungry around 3-4 PM, well b/f dinner. So I'm looking at possible adjustments....possibly a larger lunch? different timing for the doses? a third dose?

Advice welcome!
    Janie why are you only taking 1/2 dose?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

janie is offline Senior Member
    It is 1/2 oz dose (1 tablespoon) each time
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Oh I havent gotten to that part of the book yet. I have been doing 1 TBS twice a day. Totally curbs hunger and more importantly for me, cravings.

Yes, that is what I'm doing -- 2 T a day. I've been measuring in a shot glass as it is easier for me to take than from the measuring spoon.

I wish the 2T was working for me as well as you! I need to play with timing or perhaps do a 3rd dose I guess.
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Yes..I had to mess with timing a little. It works best for me if I eat a small, fatty breakfast, then have a dose around lunch. Then eat dinner and have a dose around 8 or 9.

Also..I think adding a dose is another good idea.

Hotmail is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Yes, that is what I'm doing -- 2 T a day. I've been measuring in a shot glass as it is easier for me to take than from the measuring spoon.

I wish the 2T was working for me as well as you! I need to play with timing or perhaps do a 3rd dose I guess.
    What do you mean its not working as well for you? Do you mean you are not getting the required appetite suppressant effect? If so you need to increase your dose from 1T at a time to 1.5T

Would anyone here consider the sugar water?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    What do you mean its not working as well for you? Do you mean you are not getting the required appetite suppressant effect? If so you need to increase your dose from 1T at a time to 1.5T

Would anyone here consider the sugar water?
    I would not consider sugar water because I have a huge sugar dragon lying in wait. Sugar makes me want more sugar. I don't even eat much fruit. That is me and my issue though. It may work well for others.

Hi Hotmail -
    What I said was this:
    "I've been taking 1/2 oz dose of oil in the mid morning after a decent breakfast, and then the 2nd an hour or two after a very light lunch. But I'm really getting hungry around 3-4 PM, well b/f dinner. So I'm looking at possible adjustments....possibly a larger lunch? different timing for the doses? a third dose?"

The bottom line being that the 2nd dose doesn't seem to give me the mileage that the first one did. I think I will try some dosage rearranging similar to what Oceangrl does.

I hesitate to increase the oil past the 2T per day as it really spikes my kcals & I'm not very tall. I would consider it if some schedule rearranging doesn't help. I wouldn't do the sugar water, since cutting sugar from my diet helped me ditch the 70+ pounds I've lost. Afraid of waking the monster!

Hotmail is online now Senior Member
    Janie, don't be worried about increasing the oil, what have you got to lose? Try it for a couple of days at 1.5Tsp twice a day, and see if you achieve a better appetite suppressant, see what happens. If it didn't work out then go back to 1Tsp.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    I wouldn't try sugar water myself but would love to know how others fare using it.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012