Page 103 of 175 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 103

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Yes there is a theory behind not associating calories with flavour, please do the reading on Seth's site and forum, lots of info there

I will do. Thank you.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Katherine, yeah, that's weird that the different oils affected you differently.

Daily weighers - I used to weigh daily as well, when I began weight training and
    really cutting in 2007. I just did it to see trends, and trends I saw.

Noted that I gain 5lbs of water during ovulation AND during PMS.

Usually lose the 5lbs of water 2 days after Red Death starts. Just.Like.That.

Talk about peeing like a race horse. Whatever!

Not sure when I'm going to weigh these days. I did measure a thigh yesterday because
    I caught a glimpse of myself when I was dressing and noticed that where my saddlebags
    (I've never had them, but just saying) would be, looked a lot more trim.

I knew my favorite softy pants were hanging in that area, so got the measuring tape out
    and ye ol' thighs were an inch smaller. What? Well, okay, I'll take 21.5 at the thickest part.

Now if I could only get my non-existent waist that small. Bwahahahahaha! Right.

Anyway, moving on. After waking up yesterday at 5am to wake up, drink some coffee and then
    get moving on my garage sale, today I slept in until 9:30, which was great! The curious thing
    was that usually, (like 99.9% of the time) I want my coffee FIRST THING. And I'm talking, get
    up, don't even say high to the kids, make a bee-line to the coffee maker, stand there, stare at it
    until it's done, drink a sip and all is right with the world (but don't even talk to me until I'm done
    with it), but today I didn't even want it until 2 hours after (right now) I got up. Wtf?

I usually don't want coffee the next day if I'm hungover, but, um, that's definitely not the case, sooooo.

Anyway, bygones, but it sure was weird. I felt naked without my coffee "first thing" but I just wasn't
    "hungry" for it.

Yesterday was an 1800 calorie day. Higher than normal, but then I was up from freaking 5AM until 11:30pm,
    so more TIME to be hungry, but probably the reason I'm NOT, or wasn't, hungry this morning.

Don't know, but it'll be fun to see how the day plays out.

Yesterday for lunch I had half a can of pink salmon with mayo, and afterwards, oof, man, that lasted me a good
    FOUR hours. And I really wanted to eat some chips and salsa!

Before SLD, I could really talk myself into eating ANYTHING after dinner, full or not, but now I'm just physically
    not able to.

I even, for the past 18 years, would give my husband shit for not having candy or cookies after dinner. He would
    always say "I can't, I'm just not hungry". And I'd be like, what the hell does hunger have to do with having dessert?

Shit, I could power down dinner and then a couple snickers bars, hungry or not. Now I can't. I may want them
    LATER, when I get HUNGRY, but I can't mindlessly eat them anymore.

And damnit, I had two Curly Wurleys waiting for me from the candy store. Ah well, 400 calories saved I guess.

Okay, rambling, as usual... Have a good Sunday everyone.

Julia

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    MCT oil was on sale on Amazon, so I got some along with my book and razor blade
    refill order.

I've been wanting to try MCT oil as well, but it was just too damned expensive.

15.00 for 32oz is great, so I got it.

Eager to find out if it'll give me the works...... probably will.... sounds pretty concentrated...

We'll see around the 19th of July when it arrives.

Julia

Sol blackcat is offline Senior Member
    Hey Julia.
    I love that snake thing at the bottom of your page, I don't need to count anymore as I'm one day ahead of you. Thanks.
    Good stuff, well done.
    FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Second day on MCTs and I had no problems. I split the first tbsp into 2 doses spaced an hour apart. The second tbsp I took all at once. Stayed down great. I guess I'm all acclimated!

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday was messed up for me, went on a short hike, but the heat was so much messed up with my oil drinking timetable, but I thought that was OK, then I sort of missed the window and said I will leave it until tomorrow.. results? I ate way way too much yesterday!!
    I am still half way through the book (lots to do at weekends) but will finish it today, I am learnign new things all the time, one of which is consistency of drinking the oil/sugar water is also important, I have a good routine for the week, I have the oil first thing, and have my coffee when I get to the office which is about an hour later, but during the weekends/days off last week, this has been all changed around...so now I know being consistent is a good idea.

I also know now that if I miss the oil for a day, my appetite will go higher than normal, but that's expected, its something just to watch for.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Hotmail, I always found that some flexibility in timing the oil was OK as long as I took it every day. My usual was mid-afternoon for 2 tbsp, but if that didn't work out, I'd take it before bed or first thing on rising, or even in the middle of the night if necessary. The important thing was to get it. And once fully in the swing, there was little impact to missing the occasional day. It seems to have a cumulative effect rather than an immediate dose-dependent effect.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the info Martha I am thinking of splitting my oil one early as I get up, the other later in the afternoon (just before leaving to get home) this way I'd not worry about the hour window as I'll spend most of it on the train. Will try to stick to the same at weekends, but its difficult depending on my plans for that weekend.

I need to wait a bit before noticing the cumulative effect, at the moment if I don't have the oil, I feel very hungry.

janie is offline Senior Member
    I've been taking 1/2 oz dose of oil in the mid morning after a decent breakfast, and then the 2nd an hour or two after a very light lunch. But I'm really getting hungry around 3-4 PM, well b/f dinner. So I'm looking at possible adjustments....possibly a larger lunch? different timing for the doses? a third dose?

Advice welcome!
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hotmail, I so agree. If I dont get my dose, my eating day is screwed. It seems having the full amount is more important than when I have it. Perfection is having the right amount at the right time, but that doesn't always happen.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2