Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 101

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Question for those who have used MCT oil: I'm using MCT this time around, purely out of curiosity, and also for the convenience of it being flavorless. I took my first tablespoon about an hour ago, and ugh ugh ugh. It went down great but ten minutes later my stomach started feeling sick and crampy, and my whole body was shaky like I was about to have a case of the runs. I still haven't needed to rush to the toilet, but my tummy feels pretty crappy. Will this go away after a couple days of taking MCT, or should I do a different oil instead?
    After my success building up the dose of olive oil then macadamia oil I tried flavorless coconut oil today, 1 ounce at 11:00 am. I've had the runs all day off and on. Bleh.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    egads Katherine!

an ounce is two tablespoons..... so no wonder why, that's a lot at once.

bummer!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    egads Katherine!

an ounce is two tablespoons..... so no wonder why, that's a lot at once.

bummer!
    I had an ounce of macadamia oil yesterday with no problem. Oh, well.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    hmmm, well, i can't explain it!

your body is just high falootin' I guess then, loves the spendy stuff

there, there is the answer... har har har!

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    eKatherine, when I first started this last year--like the second day or so--I tried 2tbsp of coconut oil in one dose and got terrible cramps and the runs. I split the doses into 2 separate doses of 1tbsp, had no problems, and proceeded to have great success and weight loss over 2 months. I think some people are just sensitive to high doses of MCTs. Like me, today, doing a tbsp of pure MCT: blurgh. I'll be splitting those into 4 doses of 1/2tbsp.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Hey ladies, yes I have same issues with CO, with CO (suppose with MCT too) you need to build up slowly to let your system used to it.

I noticed last night like you, I wasn't hungry but somehow my mouth was eager for me to have something flavoursome in it, I had a handful of raisins (I have no junk food at home) but then as I was reading the book, I realised Seth spoke about this issue, and he had the same experience, so he said he started to be fond of different flavour chewing gums... so for me that was a light bulb, sure I wasn't hungry, I could have chewed the raisins and spit them out but that is just too gross lol

Chewing gums are not a good look for me either... so will be trying to have something like polo mints or tic tacs etc instead.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Hey ladies, yes I have same issues with CO, with CO (suppose with MCT too) you need to build up slowly to let your system used to it.

I noticed last night like you, I wasn't hungry but somehow my mouth was eager for me to have something flavoursome in it, I had a handful of raisins (I have no junk food at home) but then as I was reading the book, I realised Seth spoke about this issue, and he had the same experience, so he said he started to be fond of different flavour chewing gums... so for me that was a light bulb, sure I wasn't hungry, I could have chewed the raisins and spit them out but that is just too gross lol

Chewing gums are not a good look for me either... so will be trying to have something like polo mints or tic tacs etc instead.
    Sounds like this is not your cup of tea. Good luck to you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't work in even one lousy shot yesterday! I think I might try dialing it back to one shot of 1 tbsp a day....I just did my weekly weigh in and I didn't lose a single ounce. But oddly, I was losing weight on one shot, and this past week I've done two. So I'm going to go back to one and see what happens. The tweaking never ends
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

janie is offline Senior Member
    So far I like this.

My weight had been creeping up from my low of 123 to 127-1/2. I don't know how much of the gain is attributable to muscle gain (I can see and feel a substantial difference) but nevertheless I didn't like the scale #s going up. And I still feel I have too much fat on my body.

Yesterday was 1st full day of SLD. I ate a good breakfast & 1 hour later took a 1/2 oz shot of coconut oil. Small salad around 2pm. Took 1/2 oz shot of macadamia nut oil around 4pm (should have taken it earlier as was getting hungry). A small dinner @ 6PM; still not hungry this morning. Scale down 1 pound.

What was GREAT was not having the gnawing hunger I'd usually have.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Far healthier!

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lv..yes!! I am still tweaking. I wont weigh. That number means nothing.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2