Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Egg rut.

Egg rut.

Shop Now
    So I normally eat eggs everyday for breakfast, and normally everyday I love it. But lately, Eggs and I just aren't on the same page. Things are boring. It's becoming a drag.
    What can I do to bring some flavour or something new to my egg dish?

Also, because Mark's been talking a lot about seasons and food lately, it got me thinking: is that why we get sick of foods if we eat the same thing for so long? Because in nature I wouldn't be able to eat eggs everyday, so maybe my body (mainly my taste buds) aren't really equipped to eat the saaaame food everrrrryday without switching it up.
    Just a thought!

Anyway, any suggestions would be superrr

Try whipping up some homemade uncooked salsa. Dice a tomato, add a little garlic and seasoning. Mmmmm...

How do you eat your eggs every morning?

You can make a crustless quiche on Sunday nights (or whenever you want I suppose) and just have a slice each morning with a salad and some bacon.

I've been in the same boat for the past few days...I've been eating scrambled eggs w/ fresh herbs & little feta in coconut oil/bacon fat/butter every day for the past 2-1/2 months since becoming primal (before that I rarely ate eggs as a main dish) & a few days ago, they just didn't seem appealing...I had to choke them down yesterday, even WITH a side of bacon....?!?! I drank a whey protein/coconut milk "shake" this a.m. but it's not cuttin' it...hmmmm?!

I add meat and veggies to my scrambled eggs every morning... one day it may be ham and cheese, next day veggies (mushrooms and peppers are a good choice), next day it may be bacon... etc.

don't just eat the same ol plain eggs everyday.

I made last night's pork chops in coconut oil, bacon grease and butter. This morning I used that pan to scramble my eggs. It was fabulous!

I love my mushroom and spinach omelets. I tend to just fix regular scrambled eggs during the week so I can jet off to work quicker and I make omelets on the weekends when I have time.

Omlette with mushrooms, onions and chorizo (just to taste).

Frying steak and eggs

Tomato and egg bake.

Courgette and onion eggah (Arabic)

Haddock fillet with a poached egg and a mustard and cream sauce.

Spinach omlette.

Courgette Frittata

That's next week sorted out...

How do you eat your eggs now?

Lately I've liked them scrambled with a couple pieces of bacon all cooked in some coconut oil. Add 1/2 - 1 avocado and maybe some salsa or cilantro.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Shop Now
    the avocado deviled eggs are my new favorite! but i cant even make myself get sick of eggs, i have tried!