Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: uses for beef bone broth page

rusty1257 is offline Junior Member

uses for beef bone broth

Shop Now
    I made some bone broth and it's pretty good. I'm wondering what I can use it for rather than just drinking it.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Soup base... most fancy restaurants make their own fstaring with bone broth.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Anything in cooking with beef that calls for beef broth or water, use your bone broth.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Poached eggs.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    I often reduce it by almost half, then freeze in ice cube trays, storing in a ziplok bag in the freezer. Anything you're cooking that could use a bit of extra liquid, toss in a cube or three, with added flavor. Great with ground beef/veg mixtures.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I cooked some pot roast with beef broth comprising most of the liquid recently. It also makes great chili and soups as mentioned above.

TriCiCi is offline Senior Member
    Pho! Mmm...loads of sliced beef, veggies, who needs noodles?

Kaylee99 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Anything in cooking with beef that calls for beef broth or water, use your bone broth.
    This.

Making taco meat? Add in some bone broth along with your spices.

Make a quick au jus-like sauce by reducing bone broth with coconut aminos, salt, garlic, onion powder (optional), and pepper. Reduce until the flavor is as strong as you like.

Make a quick gravy by reducing bone broth with heavy cream or wine and seasonings. May need a thickener like arrowroot powder or egg yolks to get the desired consistency.

Add leftover meat and veggies for a quick soup.

With green beans the way Mark does: Are Peas and Green Beans Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

I've even reduced it down with lots of garlic till it was very strong and drizzled it over a salad for a meaty flavored "dressing".
    See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

justcansin is offline Junior Member
    yeah,i like eat, Anything in cooking with beef that calls for beef broth or water, use your bone broth.thanks for your sharing

Dodo is offline Junior Member
    HELP! Ok, I'm new here and can't figure out how to start a new thread. I will be getting a call today from the processor on how I want my beef cut. What bones should I ask for to make bone broth? What size packages? Is there any particular way I should request that they be handled or processed?

I am very lucky in that I am getting a whole, mostly grass-fed beef from my landlord to share with my sons. It was butchered last Saturday and is being dry-aged. The plant will be calling today for cutting and packaging instructions and the only bones I've ever gotten before are soup-bones (ox-tail). Anyone with help or advice would be appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast