Thread: Reluctant veghead seeking advice! Also hello and thank you :) page

Siannon is offline Junior Member

Reluctant veghead seeking advice! Also hello and thank you :)

Hi Primals,

I'm a 21 year-old female studying communication and culture and looking forward to a permaculture certification this summer. I am very interested in spirituality and health but haven't found a comfortable place in either of those two areas as of yet. I like to think of myself as someone who tries to be both critical and open and these two attributes together can drive one crazy when seeking some firm ground from which to leap! Health issues present or past include: acid reflux, asthma, anemia, bulimia, anxiety, depression, palpitations, arrhythmia, and an imcomplete acl recovery. Also have a shoulder with cartilage floating around (painfully at times).

I have secretly been visiting these forums for months now, even in the midst of my "transition to a vegan diet." With the holidays around and not wanting to wait the butter, cheese, etc. I had already purchased, its been more of a reduction than a real change so far.

That being said, I have a strong aversion towards eating meat. I It sounds very silly I know but I looked into the eyes of a deer and decided to commit to a vegetarian diet a few months ago. I have gone on a few spurts in the past, always at least a few months at a time, but was dating someone who relied on fast food and ended up giving in for convenience. And to be honest taco bell and Burger King have always had the best tasting meat in my opinion. This time though, I really prefer not to eat meat, but want to be cautious. That explains why this has been one of many sites I've been searching in the recent months.

Today was a bit of a breakthrough, I decided to buy organic, "cruelty free" eggs, and ate two cooked with veggies and some of the butter i still have around. Is there any way I can be healthy while sticking with eggs rather than meat?

Thanks so much and sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by Siannon; 12-30-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Siannon is offline Junior Member
    I should add that I have had acne since I was 12 or 13 as well

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am not vegetarisn but I think it would be a lot easier if you do eat fish and other seacreatures (mussels, oyster, schrimp, lobster and such) but eggs and cheese are a good start.