Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal eating / stopping alcohol cravings page 2

paleodog is online now Member
    Shop Now
    This is interesting in that since I have given up sugar, grains, etc I longer have alcohol cravings either.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! Its day 23 without drinking and day 22 eating primal for me.

There's always been a link between alcohol consumption and poor eating habits for me, but its all the crap I eat when hungover. I never considered a link in the other direction.

Kinda makes sense though, I've never been one for sugary drinks, but what I did drink was mostly made from grains.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I started the GAPS diet in late December and am not having any sugar (occasionally minuscule amounts of honey) or starches, I thought I would seriously miss the wine I usually had with dinner but I haven't missed it. I find this odd because I was never a big fan of sweets. I know when my father stopped drinking he got very into sweets.

Kudos to all of you that have given up alcohol!

KrisGunnars is offline Junior Member
    I really don't believe alcoholism to be a by product of a bad diet, but having a healthy lifestyle overall can make it easier to overcome the addiction.
    My site: Authority Nutrition - My Twitter: @AuthNutrition

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itchy166 View Post
    Congratulations! Its day 23 without drinking and day 22 eating primal for me.

There's always been a link between alcohol consumption and poor eating habits for me, but its all the crap I eat when hungover. I never considered a link in the other direction.

Kinda makes sense though, I've never been one for sugary drinks, but what I did drink was mostly made from grains.
    good on you. keep going :]
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Jergemy is offline Banned
    I am definitely kicking my addiction to both. Just seems the more stress I have on any given day, the more I want a glass of wine.

MrsZimm13 is offline Junior Member
    In the 7 weeks I've been following PB I've only consumed wine 4 times compared to drinking 3-4 times per week pre-PB. I don't miss it or crave it. The 4 times I drank were in social situations out to dinner where the wine was free flowing.

Even on my most stressful day I didn't crave alcohol.

MaryIM is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    In this video, Dr Robert Lustig shows how sugar and alcohol are very similar in the way they are processed by the body and the brain receptors they excite. The connection between sugar and alcohol is real.

Sugar: The Bitter Truth - YouTube
    Watched the YouTube video ---- very alarming!
    I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

Darlenrocks is offline Junior Member

new jersey movers

Great data. not ever thought that there are numerous ways to make things more very simple and much quicker. Thanks for distributing this tips...

Fish79416 is offline Junior Member

Great to hear!

I recently 2 days ago decided that my drinking was getting outta control & not helping me at all, have started going Paleo, Alkine Green drink & lots of h2o & don't seem to have those urges i did after taking down a big bowl of pasta or pizza. Like i said just started & reason was to CHANGE my life in ALL aspects. Will be bumping up the workouts soon, but focusing on the intake of foods & liquids right now.

Thanks again for the thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast