Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark's suggested fitness program doesn't seem to fit page 2

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'd just do different exercises- regular push ups, a harder squat so you don't have to do a bazillion, lunges, go online for some core stuff if you don't like planks.

I actually tried to do that program for a couple of months and it just got so boring....

Diogenes is offline Member
    Pushups -- try Diamond Pushups. Bring your hands closer to each other so your thumbs and forefingers form a diamond.

Squats -- try a variation that puts most (or all) of your weight on one leg. For example, do a lunge, but before rising up, lift your rear foot off the floor.

Core -- when you are on the bar doing pullups, do some leg raises (lifting your legs so they are straight in front of you). If that is too tough, bend your legs to a degree that makes them more doable.

Drlove is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I'd just do different exercises- regular push ups, a harder squat so you don't have to do a bazillion, lunges, go online for some core stuff if you don't like planks.

I actually tried to do that program for a couple of months and it just got so boring....
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Pushups -- try Diamond Pushups. Bring your hands closer to each other so your thumbs and forefingers form a diamond.

Squats -- try a variation that puts most (or all) of your weight on one leg. For example, do a lunge, but before rising up, lift your rear foot off the floor.

Core -- when you are on the bar doing pullups, do some leg raises (lifting your legs so they are straight in front of you). If that is too tough, bend your legs to a degree that makes them more doable.

I think I will go with tougher exercises. The problem really was the extremely high reps and inconvenience from doing the "easier" variations.

Thanks!

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    The exercises mark suggests is to give access to the widest audiance. You can pretty much do those anywhere with minimal equipment and start off at the lowest level of fitness.

There are plenty of other programs out there. What is your current level of strength and fitness and what are you trying to accomplish? Give us some stats and goals and we can help you from there.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12