Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not enough cals & 8 yrs+ veg looking to reintroduce meat page 2

Mustang is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The meat eating is going pretty well. My BMs have slowed down a hell of a lot (once every day or two, a jolt of coffee -really- helps). Aside from that, no digestion issues. I had a little cooked pork the other day, and I bought some chicken to cook tomorrow after an introduction to the meat aisle from a local friend! I'm going to try and stay away from red meat as best as I can, but I'd like my body to adjust to it eventually; somewhere down the line.

I still have a concern that I'm not eating enough. In fact, it's like I'm fasting without even trying. I've easily been going up to 14-15 hours without eating (before sleep, sleep, and a few hours after waking up). It's like I'm not even hungry until I almost force myself to eat. I don't want to go dangerously low on calories (and I'm estimating it's pretty dang low), but I'm just responding to my body.

I suppose this is good, because I'm really trying to shed this body fat% as quickly as I can! I'm trying to keep carbs in the 40-80g range and am doing well with that... the only really sugary things I eat now are some frozen blueberries, cooked carrots, and/or a serving of super pure dark chocolate. I've been having a bit of whole milk plain yogurt (6g sugar in one cup, and I eat maybe half a cup) in the mornings to naturally help some gut flora to restore for my new meat diet. Aside from eggs, a fair amount of olive oil, and veggies... not much else. Even cut out all fruit except the berries. Haven't been getting enough meat yet, but I'm trying to build it up naturally. Anything else I can do?

As usual, suggestions/advice/experience are desired!

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
    The meat eating is going pretty well. My BMs have slowed down a hell of a lot (once every day or two, a jolt of coffee -really- helps). Aside from that, no digestion issues. I had a little cooked pork the other day, and I bought some chicken to cook tomorrow after an introduction to the meat aisle from a local friend! I'm going to try and stay away from red meat as best as I can, but I'd like my body to adjust to it eventually; somewhere down the line.

I still have a concern that I'm not eating enough. In fact, it's like I'm fasting without even trying. I've easily been going up to 14-15 hours without eating (before sleep, sleep, and a few hours after waking up). It's like I'm not even hungry until I almost force myself to eat. I don't want to go dangerously low on calories (and I'm estimating it's pretty dang low), but I'm just responding to my body.

I suppose this is good, because I'm really trying to shed this body fat% as quickly as I can! I'm trying to keep carbs in the 40-80g range and am doing well with that... the only really sugary things I eat now are some frozen blueberries, cooked carrots, and/or a serving of super pure dark chocolate. I've been having a bit of whole milk plain yogurt (6g sugar in one cup, and I eat maybe half a cup) in the mornings to naturally help some gut flora to restore for my new meat diet. Aside from eggs, a fair amount of olive oil, and veggies... not much else. Even cut out all fruit except the berries. Haven't been getting enough meat yet, but I'm trying to build it up naturally. Anything else I can do?

As usual, suggestions/advice/experience are desired!
    I never bought grass-fed in my life, and I still enjoy the unbeatable nutrition of meat. The ethical/nutritional issues are something I don't worry about, the nutrition between grass/grain fed is very insignificant. Anything to get real food(meat) to people Is great, the major beef industries try to get lots of meat that more people can afford, the hormones, antibiotics, or whatever doomsayers like to warn about does not really have affect on you like so many say it does, more like a scam for you to spend more money, often saying something about "happy cows","less saturated fat","more heart healthy omega 3's(which also overstated for it's benefits itself)".

If you are rather worried about ethics, maybe grass-fed would be better for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12