Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Chicken? page

Chubbygirl is offline Member

No Chicken?

Shop Now
    I'm only on my 3rd week of PB and I was wondering, is PB anti-chicken? I'm trying to figure out the best and easiest way to get my protein daily and I'm not a huge fan of bacon or pork in general and that seems to be what most of you guys live on. I'm more of a chicken and fish (and eggs) kinda girl with a burger and steak thrown in once or twice a week. Can I still make this work?

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    PB is not anti-chicken, but the focus is on grass-fed fatty meat. CW glorifies the skinless boneless chicken breast which has zero fat and to many, zero flavour. You can still eat chicken (I certainly do) but you will then need to either eat less lean cuts or incorporate fat in another way into your chicken meal to get enough fat.

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Sure. The thing to remember is that you don't have to eat steamed chicken breast. Use the whole bird, and learn to love the skin. It's not hard to do. If you can't even stomach the skin, try to get some fat from other sources. Coconut and avocado work well for that.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I eat plenty of chicken. Mostly thighs... I often buy the ones that are already boneless/skinless since my husband doesn't like bones in his meat, so I try to cook them in plenty of fat to make up for not eating the skin. I occasionally roast a whole chicken (or even a whole turkey) which is a relatively cheap way to get enough meat for several meals!

Pantera is offline Senior Member
    It is quite easy to be eating too much protein and too little fat on a chicken and fish diet. I suggest you cook your chicken and fish in fat (such as tallow or coconut oil) or find ways to add significant fat (such as adding spoonfuls of coconut oil to salads).

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    It is quite easy to be eating too much protein and too little fat on a chicken and fish diet. I suggest you cook your chicken and fish in fat (such as tallow or coconut oil) or find ways to add significant fat (such as adding spoonfuls of coconut oil to salads).
    or spoonfuls of coconut oil directly into your mouth, seriously easy way to add fat.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Today I had chicken breast, but it was cooked in bacon fat and SMOTHERED in a pan sauce I made with the pan juices, a bit of white wine and heavy cream. Mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm!

We eat chicken often, but mostly whole roasted chickens, and I buy bone in skin on thighs. Funny how the breasts are so much more exspensive, but so much less flavorful.

Like pp's said, use tons of butter, coconut oil, bacon fat, or coconut milk or heavy cream and you'll be fine!

primalclubber is offline Senior Member
    Not my favorite, but when I do, it's thighs or drums.

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    Definitely on the thighs and drums here. If you want to really up the fat, try making confit where you poach in fat - butter/ghee or lard or whatever - slow cook them and you'll have deliciously tender fatty, tasty, energy packed chicken.

Chubbygirl is offline Member
    Thank you all! I do use coconut oil almost every day, to cook my eggs and salmon mostly but I am going to incorporate it much more. Not easy hearing I can have chicken skin, YUM as I am surrounded by a lot of folks (especially in the gym) who keep telling me to eat... Instant oatmeal, egg whites, skinless white meat only chicken, tuna from a can & protein shakes... and "I'll lose all the weight I want!" I know that works because I've done it in the past but man is it torture to choke some of that down every day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast