Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta girl here :) page

megananne is offline Junior Member

Smile Atlanta girl here :)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone!

I'm Meg, a 43 yo in the burbs of Atlanta. I've been happily married for almost 18 years now, and am mom to two very cool kids (14 and 11).

I've been eating low carb on and off since around 2004. I learned about Atkins then, and was happy to see that I was able to not only lose weight, but get rid of a lot of other little health complaints as well. I morphed into my "own" version of Atkins...which is essentially good proteins and fats with unlimited LC veggies, and some fruits and nuts. I read about Paleo, which seemed closer to what I was doing, but never really happened on the right "support" site for that type of eating.

I know eating like this is so good for my body, and totally works for me, but I have a difficult time in staying on the right path sometimes. I own a small business, and as any working parent knows, life can get crazy. A friend on another forum posted the link to MDA last week and I checked it out. WOW...the place for me, I just know it!! I have been perusing the site up and down all weekend, and have already downloaded (and partially devoured) the book to my Kindle. Everything just makes so much sense!! I've long been a big believer in doing things as we were evolved to do and it totally resonates with me. I'm especially fascinated with the PB approach to fitness and workouts. I've been an avid exerciser for years now but the unstructured, functional, low-stress approach is something that is shouting my name!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'm particularly interested in ongoing health, weightloss (I'm pretty overweight right now due to insidious carb creep over the past couple of years), fitness, and helping my family become more primal with me. My husband is pretty much on board already, as he started eating more like me (or at least my ideal, LOL) within the past year or so to address digestive issues that he has. My kids are wonderfully healthy, but it just doesn't feel right to not teach them to eat this way as well.

Peace!
    Meg

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm in the perimeter in the ATL.

exleye is offline Junior Member
    I'm in the burbs too. Glad to hear there are some other primal eaters in the area. Suggest some places to get good primal fare? I had steak and eggs breakfast at Flying Biscuit this weekend. Pretty stellar.

Big Dave is offline Senior Member
    Welcome from the other side of the country!
    Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Here's the Atlanta Group, and there's a Primal Atlanta Facebook Group too. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=18

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Meg. I live right OTP also. Glad to have you here.

Cynarin is offline Senior Member
    I'm one of the few, the proud native-born ATLiens. Currently in Decatur. Welcome!
    "To shed all the illusory rights & hesitations of history demands the economy of some legendary Stone Age--shamans not priests, bards not lords, hunters not police, gatherers of paleolithic laziness, gentle as blood, going naked for a sign or painted as birds, poised on the wave of explicit presence, the clockless nowever." --Hakim Bey, TAZ

I didn't think anyone was born here. I was about to investigate at the local maternity wards.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Cynarin - you are certainly a rare thing around here! I swore I'd never move OTP - until it started taking me 45 minutes to get from d'town Decatur to Midtown for work.

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    I'm a NYC gal living in the Atlanta burbs.

Welcome!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast