Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teeth cleaning? page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Teeth cleaning?

Primal Fuel
    My breath stinks and it always has. The only time it doesn't is right after brushing or when I take a breath freshener. I have tried everything, besides eliminating toothpaste. My main concern is the glycerin for which I've heard it puts a layer on your teeth which is protective, however stops the tooths natural regrowth of its enamel (is that the right word?)
    Now i've heard about baking soda. But isn't this too harsh on the tooth enamel basically causing the same problem as glycerin by removing it?

Please clear this up for me and/or if you have any alternatives, thanks!
    Billie trips balls

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Do you have acid reflux? If you do, that will make your breath stink. You'll have to address the root problem there, if you have acid reflux. I had it for 9 years, turned out I had a dairy allergy that was causing it. No more dairy, no more acid reflux.

Also, try using a tongue scraper. That gets a lot of bacteria out of your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Do you have acid reflux? If you do, that will make your breath stink. You'll have to address the root problem there, if you have acid reflux. I had it for 9 years, turned out I had a dairy allergy that was causing it. No more dairy, no more acid reflux.

Also, try using a tongue scraper. That gets a lot of bacteria out of your mouth.
    When I went primal acid reflux disappeared, unless you can have it without noticing.
    Billie trips balls

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Now i've heard about baking soda. But isn't this too harsh on the tooth enamel basically causing the same problem as glycerin by removing it?
    This: http://www.levysmiles.com/docs/Abras..._Toothpase.pdf

I make this Homemade Remineralizing Toothpaste Recipe | Wellness Mama is it cleans really well. With regular toothpaste I would still be able to "scrape" gunk off with my fingernail, but not with this. I can skip a morning and not even really notice.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Baking soda is less abrasive than most of the toothpastes on the market, actually. I gargle with a diluted hydrogen peroxide mixture then brush with baking soda on top of toothpaste because I still like the minty sensation of commercial toothpastes. I also brush my tongue thoroughly.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Dry brushing, tooth-picker and coconut oil pulling should do the trick
    Ditch the toothpaste
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

peril is offline Senior Member
    Do you have food rotting between your teeth? if so, you need to floss
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Quote Originally Posted by peril View Post
    Do you have food rotting between your teeth? if so, you need to floss
    I tooth pick. I will ditch the toothpaste although I'm very scared to do this.
    Billie trips balls

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Baking soda is less abrasive than most of the toothpastes on the market, actually. I gargle with a diluted hydrogen peroxide mixture then brush with baking soda on top of toothpaste because I still like the minty sensation of commercial toothpastes. I also brush my tongue thoroughly.
    How far back do you brush your tongue? And how do you clean your brush?
    Billie trips balls

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Floss. Floss at least once a day, preferably after each meal. You should notice a huge difference, people with funky breath usually can benefit greatly from flossing.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast