Thread: 5 lb gain and my thighs look huge page

goinggrok is offline Senior Member

5 lb gain and my thighs look huge

Shop Now
    So I did two rounds of HCG went primal, kept of 50 lbs in 9 months. Yup in the last 2 months I have not been disiplined. But seriously....why are my thighs taking all the abuse?

If anyone has any tips...please share. I am going away on a holiday at the end of Jan and I need to rectify the gain down there.

B. Knight is offline Senior Member
    Well, didn't you say you haven't been disciplined? Ask for a spanking. No wait, sorry... Just jump back on the diet? Or is that not what you mean?
    "You don't have forever to change yourself."
    Stefan Molyneux
    Freedomain Radio

"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
    Mark Twain

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    To answer the question of why your body is storing excess fat in your thighs, I recommend reading this article by Lyle McDonald:

Why is Stubborn Fat Stubborn? | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

goinggrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    To answer the question of why your body is storing excess fat in your thighs, I recommend reading this article by Lyle McDonald:

Why is Stubborn Fat Stubborn? | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
    TY, very interesting, but I am understanding that theres nothing I can do, is that correct???
    (B.Knight).....Yes I am back to eating primal, Christmas has been tough, tho I find I can easily bounce back into primal without too much anguish. So no spanking necessary lol

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Everyone's body loses weight differently. My experience was that doing things that were more 'extreme' (like strict calorie cutting, alternate day fasting, The Ultimate Diet 2.0, etc... no matter how much fat I lost (at my lowest I was 106) the fat loss was always disproportionate, meaning that it came off the top part of my body more than the lower part of my body, which resulted in my top looking emaciated and my belly/thigh area still looking chubby.

What is working for me now is a 'slow and steady wins the race' attitude; I'm eating a higher carb/low fat diet (which is what my particular body thrives on), doing hot yoga 5x/week, and 2x of weightlifting. I find that with more starches and sugars I have more energy and my metabolism is higher, which in turn allows me to have more energy to move around, and the more I move around (walking, dancing, yoga, etc...) the more in shape my legs and belly get. I'm finding this is a verrrrrrrry slow process, but my body doesn't react well to being forced into doing something fast, and the more patient I am with myself, the better the results.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    While I think you can do some sculpting with weights, the body shape you have is pretty much genetic. When I'm at what I consider "ideal" weight, I look like a boy with breasts - very slim through the hips (and in my salad days, even saved money by buying jeans in the boys dept). Add 10-20 pounds, and I look more womanly, though I'll never have that gorgeous bubble ass that some women have.

My bitch is that I retain weight around my belly. Such is life. Love your individual shape and work to make it the best it can be.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It's probably genetic. I'm rather jealous actually, I tend to gain weight in my waist first.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."