Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Bacteria for stomach to aid digestion

Good Bacteria for stomach to aid digestion

Shop Now
    I am looking for suggestions to find good bacteria to help digest food and reduce constipation. Considering Greek yogurt but am concerned it's not Primal enough..too many carbs and milk products does increase my BF.

And, since eating more protein (100g to 130g a day) I struggle with, egads, constipation. thought maybe good bacteria would change this too. Have been using Metamusil every day but it has carbs too. I am eating veggies.

Greek yogurt should have nearly 0 carbs. In fact, just buy some plain non-greek yogurt, and strain it out. It's cheaper.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Have you tried Kombucha? Made all the difference in the world for me. I drink about 5 oz every day.

Chaohinon, thank you. You're suggesting just regular yogurt and to strain it. Does a person pour the yogurt through a cloth to strain the yogurt?

What is Kombucha?

Just line a colander with a fine cloth or coffee filter, and let sit for a couple hours.

Keep in mind, this is only if you can find regular full-fat yogurt. There are parts of the country where greek is the only full-fat option (if there is any at all), luckily CO has Mountain High brand.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Would also like to know what Kombucha, since i can't eat greek yogurt

the fage they sell here doesnt come fullfat...only 0 and 2%. i get full fat goat yogurt(7carbs/cup) and strain it.

try salsa and sauerkraut too

Kombucha is a fermented tea. These are the two most commonly available brands http://www.synergydrinks.com/
    more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha

good stuff. kinda vinegary in flavor. good for the tummy.

Shop Now
    Kombucha can be kind of pricey so I make my own. That way you can control the tartness and the types of tea you make it with also. It has been around for a bazzilion years. ;-) I like mine really tart and fizzy.