Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you motivate yourself? page 3

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    [QUOTE=Louisa655;1045798]'Cause your penis will fall off if you eat grains again. Okay! QUOTE]

Is that why I wear Victoria's Secret now? Damn that grain!
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Jovana is offline Member
    I've read that psychologically if you tell yourself '' i' am not eating sugar or processed foods'' that will make you constantly think about ''sugar and processed foods'' which could make you cheat more than if you focused on ''I'am going to eat healthy foods only and follow the Primal Blueprint''. I think i'll try this.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Find yerself a primal family member to cook for you and then only allow yourself to eat what they make for you.

Remember to make it up to them in other ways.

Or hire a personal chef. lol

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    Find yerself a primal family member to cook for you and then only allow yourself to eat what they make for you.

Remember to make it up to them in other ways.

Or hire a personal chef. lol

^ This is what I do for my husband.

fuzzynavel is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    If they are foods you want to avoid eating why have them in the house??
    Thanks all for your replies....there are a few good ideas that I will take on board...

In reply to this point above specifically, I have a wife and kids that have no desire to be primal and it would be wrong of me to force my ideas upon them....
    On a positive note, my wife did get me some useful cookbooks for Christmas to help me with ideas for things to cook....One was for a different soup recipe for every day of the year.....and the other was a ton of slow cooking recipes.....now all I have to do is select one out of the 400 or so recipes + those in the official primal cookbook to try and cook...
    I am having my fill of everything bad over the Christmas holiday season.....I've put on 2 kilos since the start of December....I have totally disposed of any will power that I may have had and will go cold turkey starting 2nd January...hopefully I will have got rid of all the chocolate, stollen, christmas cake, ginger biscuits, christmas pudding etc etc...

I have also managed to pick up my first cold of the year since being out control this month.....not conclusive proof that diet is the driver but it seems like a handy coincidence...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha the Cat View Post
    Sounds like you've read plenty - you already know why grains are bad, it's not lack of information that's keeping you from being consistent.

- you do that by making life without grains amazingly delicious! :-D
    Maybe this is part of my issue....I am not a very experienced cook.....normally a meal will consist of a chunk of meat on the health grill (pork loin, Pork belly Steak, sausages etc) along with a salad...or if I am undecided I will just grab a pile of ingredients and chuck them in a frying pan and make a stir fry....I need to learn more about seasoning and garnishes....I will be buying Mark's new(ish) Primal Sauces book for ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yep. For Peril it was a heart attack, for me it was cancer. I'm sure both of us only wish we had found out about Primal eating sooner in life.
    I have read extensively on the subject of paleo style diets and incidence of cancer.....some of it is compelling reading but it is not conclusive....
    "The Great Cholesterol Con" is a good read for anyone worried about cholesterol......it goes into a lot of detail about inflammation and the relationship to Atherosclerotic plaques particularly how a high carb diet can lead to excess inflammation and that cholesterol is really your friend....I liked that book.

Ollie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzynavel View Post
    Thanks all for your replies....there are a few good ideas that I will take on board...

In reply to this point above specifically, I have a wife and kids that have no desire to be primal and it would be wrong of me to force my ideas upon them....
    On a positive note, my wife did get me some useful cookbooks for Christmas to help me with ideas for things to cook....One was for a different soup recipe for every day of the year.....and the other was a ton of slow cooking recipes.....now all I have to do is select one out of the 400 or so recipes + those in the official primal cookbook to try and cook...
    I am having my fill of everything bad over the Christmas holiday season.....I've put on 2 kilos since the start of December....I have totally disposed of any will power that I may have had and will go cold turkey starting 2nd January...hopefully I will have got rid of all the chocolate, stollen, christmas cake, ginger biscuits, christmas pudding etc etc...

I have also managed to pick up my first cold of the year since being out control this month.....not conclusive proof that diet is the driver but it seems like a handy coincidence...
    Yes, that sucks to be honest with you. I know how much harder it can be when you not only haven't got the support around you (for any goal but especially diet) but you also got to sit in the face of the very thing you're trying to get away from. Takes some incredible self-discipline. In your case I would of course tell you to go at 100% regardless and hold your head up high. And with any luck if you make good progress your wife will want to join you. But good luck mate, I wish you all the best!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
    Yes, that sucks to be honest with you. I know how much harder it can be when you not only haven't got the support around you (for any goal but especially diet) but you also got to sit in the face of the very thing you're trying to get away from. Takes some incredible self-discipline. In your case I would of course tell you to go at 100% regardless and hold your head up high. And with any luck if you make good progress your wife will want to join you. But good luck mate, I wish you all the best!
    One of the major problems that I have had is that I am the one that does the cooking in the house...I have been out of work 9 months and it would be unfair to ask my wife to cook/clean etc after a day at work. I always end up cooking multiple meals....even something as simple as sausages with mashed potato and beans is a challenge....it is fine for them....but I have to make my own mashed sweet potato/swede/carrot and can't have the beans.......this is due to dropping all nightshades (potato, tomato, pepper, eggplant) as they affect my arthritis.
    Thankfully I have landed a new job which is due to start in January which should allow me to stay away from the kitchen cupboards for a large proportion of the day!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast