Thread: Pregnant and weight loss with Primal? page

jkparish is offline Junior Member

Pregnant and weight loss with Primal?

Primal Fuel
    Hi friends!

I just found out today that I am pregnant with our 3rd. Yay! Our family just started eating Primal and I lost 8 pounds the first week. I am still pretty overweight (200+ pounds, blech) and have a lot to lose. Obviously dieting isn't something you should do while you're pregnant but if I continue to eat Primal (which I do), I'm pretty sure I'll continue to lose weight during the pregnancy. Is this ok? I'm not sure why I'm so worried about it, it will all work itself out in the end, I just worry about weight loss during pregnancy.

Thanks for any and all input!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    If you're eating for optimal health of yourself and the baby, and you drop some excess fat along the way, I don't think it's a problem.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    A friend had the same thing happen, except it was her fourth baby. She stopped losing weight but it was her healthiest pregnancy, by far. Eat nutrient dense, primal foods and your body will do whatever it is supposed to do. Don't focus on weight, just growing a healthy baby. :-)

AmyP is offline Member
    My second pregnancy I didn't "gain" any weight...so basically lost weight while gaining baby weight. Make sense? Doc was happy with it as I was overweight to begin with. I wish I had known about paleo back then...would have made some things much easier (gestational diabetes)..